brainstevv

What is Green Day's impact on your lives?

brainstevv

I saw some comments on YouTube that were saying "green day made me a better person", "their songs saved my life" etc. I don't know if these are true or not, but I wondered if you guys have some..stories like that? Like did GD  have an impact on your life? Or did they inspired you.. to do some stuff? 

MillenniumFan

Well, not sure it made me a "better person" and it's also kinda trivial, but Green Day pretty much single-handedly motivated me to learn how to play the guitar and inspired me to join a band. That in of itself has had an enormously positive effect on my life and I couldn't really imagine living without it. After many years you take such things for granted, but on retroflection, I really have only Green Day to thank for that. So yeah: it's fair to say they had an impact in my case!

• Like 3

Jrem

Discovering Green Day got me through the toughest times of anxiety in my life and then in general they inspired me to work on music of my own.

TheNimrodsPodcast
Posted (edited)

Green Day pretty much kickstarted my love of music and was my intro to punk, which then spun out into every other huge thing in my life (my friendships, my music, my job, kinda everything...). So I'd definitely have a very different life if I hadn't gotten into Green Day! 

Edited by TheNimrodsPodcast
  • Like 1

Wretched & Divine

Not to be too dramatic, but missing out on hearing future Green Day releases and attending future Green Day shows was a pretty huge motivator not to kill myself. So I guess I feel comfortable saying they saved my life, and if not that then they certainly weathered the absolute shittiest of the shitty part of my life with me through their music.

Jinxs

Green day did change my life. I was in high school and my family had just moved to a different part of the state. I didn't have any friends and i discovered green day, and it became my relief, support and something i could do without inviting snide comments about being an outsider. 

Sarcasm

it made me obnoxious and pretentious as a teenager 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

petros

Even though I think that's super cringey sounding they were the major reason that helped me accept myself and then evidently I managed to built confidence and self esteem.  

• Like 2

pacejunkie punk
17 minutes ago, Sarcasm said:

it made me obnoxious and pretentious as a teenager 

Compared to now? 😂

12 minutes ago, petros said:

Even though I think that's super cringey sounding they were the major reason that helped me accept myself and then evidently I managed to built confidence and self esteem.  

Not cringey. Many of us feel that way I’m sure.  They’re not a band that attracts well adjusted people who feel accepted in their lives.

petros
2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Not cringey. Many of us feel that way I’m sure.  They’re not a band that attracts well adjusted people who feel accepted in their lives.

Yeah that's why the fanbase is so attached to them. It's like with mcr in 05-08 and  now with 21 pilots. I can't feel the love for 21 pilots but I get the kids now feel a similar connection to them.

• Like 1

Sarcasm

21 pilots is shit, though

• Like 1

Jirachi

I wasn't all that into music, i listened to some game music here and there but actual like...bands and artists, nah. Then there was this girl i had a crush on and wanted to impress, so i listened to Green Day because it was a band she liked lol. I remember being told to skip 1039, Kerplunk, Shenanigans, and Warning, so i just heard Dookie, Insomniac, Nimrod, AI, 21CB, and the trilogy and started loving em. Even today they are the only band where i can safely say with 100% certainty that i at least like every single song they have ever done,

• Like 1

localinsomniac

I would be a completely different person had I not discovered and fallen in love with Green Day's music as a young'n. It also paved the way for my affinity of other pop-punk bands, inspired me to pick up a guitar and start writing my own songs. I owe a lot to those magnificent bastards.

• Like 1