Missing Trumpet Recorded for RevRad

W_FInkThePlatypusHunter

http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/5256/

I remember seeing this article and thinking back to it when the album came out and not remembering hearing any Trumpet on the record. Outlaws is the only one I could think of but I’m pretty sure what I’m hearing is synths or strings in addition to the fact there’s nothing about it in the song credits. 

Hi, apparently, there is trumpet on Bouncing Off the Walls. If you check personnel on Wikipedia, it says something like "Trumpets on Bouncing off the walls by Ronnie Blake". I am pretty sure trumpet is on the end of the song (like last 5 seconds), but cannot be sure

Just now, Aron4000 said:

Hi, apparently, there is trumpet on Bouncing Off the Walls. If you check personnel on Wikipedia, it says something like "Trumpets on Bouncing off the walls by Ronnie Blake". I am pretty sure trumpet is on the end of the song (like last 5 seconds), but cannot be sure

I just came across this like two minutes after I posted it. Fml. 

I knew the mixing on RevRad was atrocious but I literally cannot find a trumpet in that song. Like I’m usually pretty decent at picking out parts and instruments from songs but I’m at a loss.

4 minutes ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

I literally cannot find a trumpet in that song. Like I’m usually pretty decent at picking out parts and instruments from songs but I’m at a loss.

yeah me neither, probably because it is mixed with all the guitars and stuff, if you imagine a trumpet sound there, you will know that it fits in, but still, it is pretty inaudible 

9 minutes ago, Aron4000 said:

yeah me neither, probably because it is mixed with all the guitars and stuff, if you imagine a trumpet sound there, you will know that it fits in, but still, it is pretty inaudible 

**slightly unrelated**Unbeknownst to me until today, I was unaware Mike wrote and produced “Bouncing Off The Walls”. 

20 minutes ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

**slightly unrelated**Unbeknownst to me until today, I was unaware Mike wrote and produced “Bouncing Off The Walls”. 

What?!  Mike wrote BOTW?  Where did you see that?  I don’t think that’s ever been mentioned here 😲

All the songs are credited to Green Day so how do you know?

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

What?!  Mike wrote BOTW?  Where did you see that?  I don’t think that’s ever been mentioned here 😲

I was looking at the credits on their official upload on YouTube. I’m looking at it again and I might I have misread. It’s in a weird order and I’m half awake. I could be wrong.

7 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

All the songs are credited to Green Day so how do you know?

The credit line-up on each video is different, my slightly blind eyes misread. They all have the producer tag but it’s not consistent. It’s listed like 

Bass guitar/vocals- Mike Dirnt

producer- Mike Dirnt 

Drums/vocals/producer- Tre Cool

An honest slip up.

47 minutes ago, Aron4000 said:

All 3 of them are credited with producing and composing, but all lyrics is by BJA

That would have been huge if true. Mike is like a one man sleeper cell. He can be quiet for years and then suddenly bust out a song that’s awesome. I’d like him to do it again so for a second I was excited. 

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

That would have been huge if true. Mike is like a one man sleeper cell. He can be quiet for years and then suddenly bust out a song that’s awesome. I’d like him to do it again so for a second I was excited. 

Yeah, it would be great if he either sung a song, or wrote one (or both). He has a great voice and a great talent :)

Archived