Does Billie has an another group?

brainstevv

bruh so the other day I was just scrolling my recommendations in YouTube and I saw this video of a band called long shoot or something like that and I saw the  thumbnail and I'm thinking like wow this dude looks a lot like Billie Joe anD thEN I CLICKED ON THE VIDEO,, IT WAS FUCKING HIM I'M SH00K

I'm so new to green day forgive me for my stupidass questions my dudes and my girldudes

Did he quit green day?? Are Tre and Mike in it too? Why did he start a new band? (IfeellikeIusethiswebsitelikeitsfuckingquoraorgooglebutyouguysarebetterthanquoraorgooglesolol)

22 minutes ago, brainstevv said:

bruh so the other day I was just scrolling my recommendations in YouTube and I saw this video of a band called long shoot or something like that and I saw the  thumbnail and I'm thinking like wow this dude looks a lot like Billie Joe anD thEN I CLICKED ON THE VIDEO,, IT WAS FUCKING HIM I'M SH00K

I'm so new to green day forgive me for my stupidass questions my dudes and my girldudes

Did he quit green day?? Are Tre and Mike in it too? Why did he start a new band? (IfeellikeIusethiswebsitelikeitsfuckingquoraorgooglebutyouguysarebetterthanquoraorgooglesolol)

https://www.nme.com/news/shut-fuck-billie-joe-armstrong-responds-questions-green-day-splitting-2304568

23 minutes ago, brainstevv said:

Is this a serious question? If so, the band is called the Longshot and it's a Billie side-project that he brought out last year. Jeff Matika, David Field and Kevin Preston are the other members. He started it because he was bored I guess, and wanted to make music and do a few shows (which they did, and are doing some more next week) 

Anyway their album's called Love Is For Losers and it's a pretty good listen

It's just a side project while Green Day are having time off. Billie, Mike and Tre have all been part of other side project bands separate from Green Day over the years. The other guys mentioned (Jeff, Kevin and David) are in the band when they play live but on the album Billie wrote and played everything himself (except his son Joey playing drums on one song) so it's a solo album really. Here's the main thread where the band/album was discussed when it came out last year if you'd like to read more about it:

@brainstevv, It's a great side project. It's been in a regular rotation for me since he dropped it last April. If you have the chance to go to southern CA in a few weeks for the shows, you absolutely should. The shows looked crazy and super fun. 

There's still one date that has tickets (link here).

Archived