brainstevv

The Most Overrated Green Day Song

Christian's Inferno!

I think the song Green Day is the best on 39/Smooth. I don't listen to any of 39/Smooth that much but that is one song that I like quite a lot on it

• Like 1

Wretched & Divine
8 hours ago, bmt93 said:

Jesus of Suburbia

you did not just say that

• Like 2

Adorkable
9 hours ago, bmt93 said:

Jesus of Suburbia

I agree with this 100%

bmt93
2 hours ago, Wretched & Divine said:

you did not just say that

Yes I did 😂 It's my opinion. I think the song is just too long and I usually skip it after a few minutes. It also annoys me cause at their shows this song is taking time from let's say 3 other songs that are maybe not on the regular setlist.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

DeJennsitized

I think the band see it as their magnum opus. I wouldn’t mind if they cut it down to maybe the first part like Queen used to do for Bo Rhap (and that was a much more hugely successful song than JOS) 

• Like 1

petros
29 minutes ago, bmt93 said:

Yes I did 😂 It's my opinion. I think the song is just too long and I usually skip it after a few minutes. It also annoys me cause at their shows this song is taking time from let's say 3 other songs that are maybe not on the regular setlist.

That's some next level blasphemy right there. 

pacejunkie punk
24 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

To be fair, that's kinda the point. Structure-wise it's more or less Green Day's Bohemian Rhapsody, so essentially several different songs in one. But I mean, if they occasionally dropped it in favour of some very rarely played deep-cuts, I wouldn't mind. 

Same. Even though I love it I can always play the record.

The Bellie

I'd say American Idiot, perhaps because it's one of my least favorite on the eponymous record, although I enjoy it and especially it's funny to play (and it's very entertaining to see Billie play it live, especially these days!). But musically it's far from what I enjoy the most. Among the hits that are played every night, it's the one I would give up first (although I wouldn't mind them giving up Jesus of Suburbia for Forever Now, but I doubt that'll happen)

I love 21 Guns, BOBD and WMUWSE, never seen the latter live and would love to, even in the acoustic version Billie has played lately, which was beautiful!

Still Breathing is not overrated :cry: "I'm still breathing on my own" is one of the most humble, brave, pure lyrics ever, even more the way it is sung. I wish so much they will continue to play it live even if they fill the rest of the setlist with whatever :P

Americanidiotsareidiots
Posted (edited)

It's obviously Prosthetic Hea... JUST KIDDING! Personally, I think it's Good Riddance. It's ironic that people use it for weddings and graduations even though it's about Billie being mad about his girlfriend leaving him. I guess they just hear, "I hope you had the time of your life" and think it's actually serious. It's not though. HE'S BEING SARCASTIC! 

Edited by Americanidiotsareidiots
  • Like 1

Christian's Inferno!

21 Guns is way better than Good Riddance. I still really like 21 Guns even though I consider it one of the lower points of 21CB. Same with KYE. Good Riddance however is easily their most overrated song, extremely boring and generic. Basically the fact that Billie Joe is singing it is the only saving grace but even then, his voice isn't that good on the track compared to most of his other performances

pacejunkie punk
1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

21 Guns is way better than Good Riddance. I still really like 21 Guns even though I consider it one of the lower points of 21CB. Same with KYE. Good Riddance however is easily their most overrated song, extremely boring and generic. Basically the fact that Billie Joe is singing it is the only saving grace but even then, his voice isn't that good on the track compared to most of his other performances

I often wondered if he regretted the falsetto on the chorus because he never sang it that way live. I like the way he did it live but it also seemed hard to sing. Still, I love the full band live version and the way the song builds to a crescendo in the bridge and then drops off. So powerful. 

• Like 2