The Most Overrated Green Day Song

brainstevv

I've seen the topic of the most underrated green day song/album but I couldn't find any topic with the word of overrated so here you go.

What's the most overrated Green Day song in your opinion?  

I think it's might be 21 guns.

• Hermione changed the title to The Most Overrated Green Day Song
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, 21 Guns easily wins this place. It's not a bad song, but they have lots of better ones that aren't hits.

I've gotta say BOBD. It's probably their biggest hit, but definitely one of my least favourites.

Absolutely Good Riddance. 21 Guns is sort of overrated but I still enjoy that song and never skip it. Good Riddance is such a boring song to me.

Most GD songs > 21 Guns >>>>>>>> Good Riddance

7 minutes ago, Joe. said:

For me, Still Breathing. God its cringeworthy 

oH MY GOD YES

For me it's Wake Me Up When September Ends, I never really connected with it. And similarly 21 Guns, but at least that got revived a little with the musical arrangement which is stunning, but WMUWSE didn't give me that goosebump feeling. 

Forever Now seems to be LOVED here and I absolutely hate it. There is nothing good in that song. Atleast 21 Guns sounded better and those live version....

When I Come Around. It's ok but nowhere near the best on Dookie and I don't know why it would be a live favourite. Kind of the same with She, it has great lyrics but doesn't stand out much musically and I don't know why anyone would particularly care about seeing it live (yet both these songs are some of their all time most played).

Also Waiting. People get super excited about it but it's an average song to me

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

When I Come Around. It's ok but nowhere near the best on Dookie and I don't know why it would be a live favourite. Kind of the same with She, it has great lyrics but doesn't stand out much musically and I don't know why anyone would particularly care about seeing it live (yet both these songs are some of their all time most played).

I used to think WICA was like the best song on Dookie. Idk why. I still really like it but idk, I think there's definitely better songs

I think the reason they're the most played are simply because they're singles from Dookie

24 minutes ago, Hermione said:

When I Come Around. It's ok but nowhere near the best on Dookie and I don't know why it would be a live favourite. Kind of the same with She, it has great lyrics but doesn't stand out much musically and I don't know why anyone would particularly care about seeing it live (yet both these songs are some of their all time most played)

I never was interested of She until I saw Awesome as F**k DVD and Billie was screaming and doing some other stuff with his guitar during bridge. After that I've watched dozens of live videos of She and it's definitely my favorite song to hear live nowadays. Wish they would play Lady Cobra sometimes.

EDIT: Also wanted to add that Billie never did those beautiful screams again in RevRad tour and that made me sad :(

2 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Jesus of Suburbia.

nO 

Jesus of Suburbia is a legit choice for overrated. It's not that it's bad. It's an exceptional song. But it's rated SO very highly above any other of their songs that I would agree it's overrated.

9 minutes ago, MiksuSH said:

I never was interested of She until I saw Awesome as F**k DVD and Billie was screaming and doing some other stuff with his guitar during bridge. After that I've watched dozens of live videos of She and it's definitely my favorite song to hear live nowadays. Wish they would play Lady Cobra sometimes.

EDIT: Also wanted to add that Billie never did those beautiful screams again in RevRad tour and that made me sad :(

I pretty much just find it good live in the way I find all their songs good live, the special-ness just escapes me I guess. The screaming is awesome indeed though. I actually just remembered that my sister and I are amused by how when he sings "her mind" it sounds a bit like "Hermione" and we laugh about it at shows so I'm going to take it off my overrated list purely for that reason :P 

I got to see Lady Cobra live and it was so good! I'd never even heard the song before since the album wasn't out yet but it got the whole crowd going, they should totally play it again.

25 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I got to see Lady Cobra live and it was so good! I'd never even heard the song before since the album wasn't out yet but it got the whole crowd going, they should totally play it again.

She is overrated I agree, I never got why he liked it so much apart from the lyrics. I don’t find it as catchy as the rest of Dookie.

LC is a great example of an underrated song. Played live it’s as good as any FBHT song (and basically is one). 

“Do you want to play a game of Twister like a dirty old man with a babysitter?” 😂😂😂

10 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I agree, 21 Guns easily wins this place. It's not a bad song, but they have lots of better ones that aren't hits.

10 hours ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

21 Guns too.

I'M SO HURT RIGHT NOW OH MY GOD :lol: I WILL DEFEND THIS SONG UNTIL I DIE :lol: For me, it's American Idiot. Super good, but also get sick of it super quickly! For me, it's their radio hit like how Kurt Cobain specifically wrote "Smells Like Teen Spirit" to be a hit.

Absolutely Good Riddance. Never cared for it much and it's so overused.

I will defend 21 Guns and any song on AI to the death.

I kind of agree that AI is overrated. I still love the song, a great lead single and it's written EXTREMELY well but it's one of my least favourites on the album (if not my least favourite). I rarely listen to it outside of the rest of the album

10 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

I'M SO HURT RIGHT NOW OH MY GOD :lol: I WILL DEFEND THIS SONG UNTIL I DIE :lol: For me, it's American Idiot. Super good, but also get sick of it super quickly! For me, it's their radio hit like how Kurt Cobain specifically wrote "Smells Like Teen Spirit" to be a hit.

Why not both? :lol: I agree about American Idiot. One thing the big hits have in common is that they're kind of overplayed. Maybe that's why we're listing them as overrated.

Know Your Enemy. I don't dislike it, I think there are better songs than it.

16 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

Know Your Enemy. I don't dislike it, I think there are better songs than it.

RAW-HAM!

I think there's a better opener for their concerts, for sure.

Archived