DadBod

New Longshot Shows

pacejunkie punk
21 minutes ago, greendepent said:

If Billie Joe doesn't leave that mindset that he must please the masses then he will never realise that the Trilogy is well loved. I can't believe that he said that. One of the most asked things is variety on the Green Day shows and the Trilogy has enough of that to share.

Is sad because Billie seems enjoy the songs, but he is trapped on the press reception or that "nobody" knows the songs. I bet he left behind the bad mojo that those times put on him writing that stuff. To me it's time for Green Day to embrace that material back. There will be people who will appreciate that deeply. Me included :)

And me 😍

• Like 1

desertrose

• Like 2

petros

Of course he knows there are fans of the songs out there calm down. He as I is talking about the mass reception of the trilogy. Nobody said you can't love these records if you do.

@The Bellie Here:

https://musicfeeds.com.au/news/billie-joe-armstrong-says-green-days-2012-trilogy-albums-no-direction/

“Those records have absolutely no direction to them.”

“It was about being prolific for the sake of it. So we were just going and going and going.”

I'm pretty sure there are other quotes as well, something about the sound of the guitars that he looking back didn't like.

Love the trilogy all you want. It's all a matter of taste and timing. I understand for some people trilogy was the first green day release they got so maybe they have sentimental connection to those albums. Others just love simple fun pop punk. The mass didn't like it. Billie doesn't think it's his best work. I personally think it's terrible for green day's standards, still would prefer listening to the trilogy than a lot of shit out there. Stop being so sensitive and accept the trilogy overall is viewed as a bad project musically.

• Like 1

desertrose

1039Revolutions

Deleted Comment 

Beerjeezus
1 minute ago, 1039Revolutions said:

Again, the trilogy was made for artists, not Green Day fans.

I mostly defend trilogy, but come on, it's really not that great :P

• Haha 1

1039Revolutions
29 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

petros

Geez @1039Revolutions and people thought I have arrogant ways of expressing my opinions. 

• Haha 1

Beerjeezus
6 minutes ago, 1039Revolutions said:

It’s not great to ‘you’ because you don’t know what great is, no offence.

Lmao good for you if you find it great

1039Revolutions
24 minutes ago, petros said:

Geez @1039Revolutions and people thought I have arrogant ways of expressing my opinions. 

Deleted Comment

MillenniumFan
26 minutes ago, 1039Revolutions said:

Again, the trilogy was made for artists, not Green Day fans.

giphy.gif

Lol dude, I mean I have my clear preferences when it comes to Green Day albums and I am also a notorious trilogy disliker (not a hater tho, I always respectfully disagree), but I never went as far as to say American Idiot, Dookie or Nimrod (for example) were "made for artists, not Green Day fans". That seems so pretentious lmao

giphy.gif

• Like 2

1039Revolutions
7 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

giphy.gif

Lol dude, I mean I have my clear preferences when it comes to Green Day albums and I am also a notorious trilogy disliker (not a hater tho, I always respectfully disagree), but I never went as far as to  say American Idiot, Dookie or Nimrod (for example) were "made for artists, not Green Day fans". That's so pretentious lmao

giphy.gif

Deleted Comment

LaughingClock

I messed up. I have an extra ticket for tonight at the LA show. None of my fiends in LA can or want to go. Anyone want the extra? I’ll be there tomorrow too

Clockwise

Time has been and will continue to be kind to the trilogy. 😎

Some of my favorite albums of all time and I'm glad their spirit lives on within an awesome side project.

LaughingClock

Does anyone need a ticket for tonight?

petros

Haha @1039Revolutions deleting comments about us not being good enough in listening to music to appreciate the BMX-excellent tits and drinking angel piss.

I personally believe the trilogy sounds fine that's not the problem I have with it. Plus while I can see the faults in revrad production, it still sounds sounds good to me. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

MillenniumFan

Yeah, I don't think RevRad sounds terrible either, but having started doing some of my own mixing and mastering work and having invested a little in more hi-fi / accurate sound equipment, I've gradually grown to have a more sensitive ear in this regard. RevRad really doesn't sound bad, by any means, but one can tell that it was recorded in a different, more stripped down environment than usual and that they didn't have the usual production staff around them fine-tuning things etc. 

Also, yeah my main problem with the trilogy will forever be the lyrics and that they decided to release a trilogy in the first place. I was purely offering my perspective on that particular issue, as it's one of the things that also happens to bother me about the trilogy and I won't simply be told "you just don't understand the art bruh" or "you don't know what you're talking about bruh".

• Like 3

desertrose

LaughingClock

Ok, so I screwed up and thought the Santa show was tonight and LA tomorrow. My friend who I am going with in Santa said it's tomorrow and was correct, now I need a like minded person.

This is not a will call ticket.  It's an e-ticket.  Just want a bud.  Anyone wanna go?  Line jumper ticket I believe.

1039Revolutions
1 hour ago, petros said:

Haha @1039Revolutions deleting comments about us not being good enough in listening to music to appreciate the BMX-excellent tits and drinking angel piss.

I personally believe the trilogy sounds fine that's not the problem I have with it. Plus while I can see the faults in revrad production, it still sounds sounds good to me. 

I deleted the comments because this is a longshot shows page, and I didn’t want to contribute going way off topic, that’s all.