New Longshot Shows

Squashie

45 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

^^^you know you’re shit so you can tell it’s more than just the music. He’s enjoying playing with others (sans poor Jeff at the moment) but Kevin and Franks are living their dreams and for  Billie it is always a dream, that’s why his side projects are just harder than GD. FBHT, Network while some people hate love the music and I’m one, he tried to get it out with the covers at first but he had music that wasn’t gonna make it to GD because they don’t “rock enough” and he takes the most benign songs and makes them ragers. Last night wasn’t AS GOOD as LA but it was AMAZING!

Sure the intimacy helps but especially in LA, I’ve never seen BJ as excited and happy as he was. He loves it. I like Mikes Frustrators too. They get “sick of songs” faster than you think. How about the free form solo with him and Kevin yesterday? Who got a shot of it. Sucks because I was literally in his face so I didn’t want to record but I wanted to. 

Amazing shows and I’m gonna be pushing for The Longshot to keep growing and become a real entity. There are, unlike FBHT and the like, have fans that aren’t just there for BJ but for the band and for good reason. Watching the LA show you can see them growing. They can sell like FBHT already or maybe even more. In NY, I guarantee The Longshot could sell $2000.

I dunno; the best BJ (pun intended) was the one you just got and maybe it’s just that but I’m still reeling and that doesn’t happen to me anymore. They neee to record more and keep touring. I hate that there Ian I talk about it right now. Of course they are in the middle of recording and that’s why the show was shoeree this mini series. Great opener, the Darts, they earned a lot of fans. Just great. 

Rambling but yeah, love me some Longshot. My crew last night was amazing. My lil crew last night.

Love the people at these shows. Shiny new ritual people inside and out.  Was this a VIP pass or just their drinking band because I didn’t realize I had it until I got home and would have got me into their little corner wrap party at the end in the venue. Anyway, what a night.

needit it!

I don't mean offense by this, but I'm struggling to understand a lot of what you're saying due to grammar and typos :(

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

He’s enjoying playing with others (sans poor Jeff at the moment)

He doesn't care. I mean, it doesn't exactly look like he has a strong moral game when it comes to who he associates with, so I doubt he'd have a slightest issue with Jeff. I'm not judging, it just seems he puts things aside when it comes to work.

I hope we haven't seen the last of Longshot this week. This project should continue with another record and most importantly, shows overseas. I'd be more excted for that than new Green Day (and that's something).

2 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

I don't mean offense by this, but I'm struggling to understand a lot of what you're saying due to grammar and typos :(

Haha.. yeah sorry. Almost no sleep and didn’t check it. I’ll fix it up later. I have some work to do. Translation, it was awesome and I’ll miss lontshot until we see them again! 

Check out this Darts merch. I loved them.

349bi52.jpg

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

He doesn't care. I mean, it doesn't exactly look like he has a strong moral game when it comes to who he associates with, so I doubt he'd have a slightest issue with Jeff. I'm not judging, it just seems he puts things aside when it comes to work.

I hope we haven't seen the last of Longshot this week. This project should continue with another record and most importantly, shows overseas. I'd be more excted for that than new Green Day (and that's something).

I can not argue with this. Can’t remeber having so much fun at shows in a while.

1 hour ago, LaughingClock said:

Of course they are in the middle of recording and that’s why the show was shoeree this mini series.

WHAT - you mean the GD album isn’t finished ????????

Completely agree when you said Billie turns those songs into rangers, he really does.  The shows looked great.

I find it interesting that Billie or GD don't think the Longshot music "rocked enough" to be in Green Day. It's better than anything GD has released since AI. Seems like their perception of what "rocks" is off.

13 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I find it interesting that Billie or GD don't think the Longshot music "rocked enough" to be in Green Day. It's better than anything GD has released since AI. Seems like their perception of what "rocks" is off.

I don’t think we know why the music wasn’t given to GD, he never actually said. It may not have been because it didn’t “rock” but the consensus could have been as a band that they thought they should reach higher and push themselves out of their musical comfort zones more. They maintain high standards for GD music and they could have just wanted a different or more ambitious sound. 

4 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

They neee to record more and keep touring. I hate that there Ian I talk about it right now. Of course they are in the middle of recording and that’s why the show was shoeree this mini series. 

@LaughingClock If I got it right, you mean The Longshot are (or "is" as long as Billie keeps the studio process by himself) in the middle of recording sessions now? If so, are the other members involved this time?

And can we expect another tour soon? This is the most important question for me because I really need to prepare myself to attend next time 😄

On 6/12/2019 at 11:49 PM, petros said:

Of course he knows there are fans of the songs out there calm down. He as I is talking about the mass reception of the trilogy. Nobody said you can't love these records if you do.

@The Bellie Here:

https://musicfeeds.com.au/news/billie-joe-armstrong-says-green-days-2012-trilogy-albums-no-direction/

“Those records have absolutely no direction to them.”

“It was about being prolific for the sake of it. So we were just going and going and going.”

I'm pretty sure there are other quotes as well, something about the sound of the guitars that he looking back didn't like.

Love the trilogy all you want. It's all a matter of taste and timing. I understand for some people trilogy was the first green day release they got so maybe they have sentimental connection to those albums. Others just love simple fun pop punk. The mass didn't like it. Billie doesn't think it's his best work. I personally think it's terrible for green day's standards, still would prefer listening to the trilogy than a lot of shit out there. Stop being so sensitive and accept the trilogy overall is viewed as a bad project musically.

I don't want to see the trilogy as viewed as a bad projet musically because everything is subjective, and i don't see it that way. The quotes of Billie you put are one aspect of the thing, he said at that time. I don't think it was necessarily sane for him to work it all so hard to put so many songs out at the same time, it doesn't have much to do with the songs' quality as such. I'm not being particularly sensitive (I could tell you stop being so insensitive, would that make sense to you?) from thinking these albums gather most of Billie's best work. The trilogy weren't my first album otherwise.

Am I the only one who doesn't prefer a Longshot club show to a GD, even arena one? I mean, I was close enough to touch him all the time and it was surreal, but I didn't see him happier than with Green Day, With Green Day, the few times I could really notice him because he was coming on my side, he was bearing a wide smile of happiness, I was lucky to see that. With The Longshot he was looking good but no particular explosion of joy, I don't know. He was all the time lashing out at his guitar with a lot of passion and energy, in a condensed way. That way great to see. But if we were to compare the amount of joy I'd say Green Day... The Longshot seems to bring him other stuff. This is not meant to say anything, other than replying to the comments saying he looked somehow happier than with Green Day... and that wasn't particularly my feeling

9 minutes ago, ¡Nunes! said:

@LaughingClock If I got it right, you mean The Longshot are (or "is" as long as Billie keeps the studio process by himself) in the middle of recording sessions now? If so, are the other members involved this time?

And can we expect another tour soon? This is the most important question for me because I really need to prepare myself to attend next time 😄

HL GD album will probably drop before December, possibly November or even Oct. I don’t know but if I had a gun to my head, November or maybe October and then a supporting tour quickly after. Depends on variables that people much higher than me on the proverbial food chain don’t even know yet.

😂😂 “Uber +”. “Taxi driver” 

oh, Billie. Never change.

I would honestly be more excited for an extended Longshot tour than seeing GD in a giant arena right now. I'd give almost anything to go to another 'Shot show in a tiny club and be that close and intimate. I didn't quite make it as close to the front as I wanted last time (first row, but on the very far left in front of Jeff :dry:) and I'd love another opportunity to see them in a setting like that again. It was by far the greatest concert I've ever been too and I treasure that experience.

I also was unable to go as early as I wanted to get a good place in line and meet and talk to people. I'd like to do that next time. I've never gotten to make a whole day of it.

5 hours ago, desertrose said:

This is the first time I have become a fan of an opener.  My dirty little secret is that I only like about 3-5 hardcore rockers, and they just made the list,

3 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I would honestly be more excited for an extended Longshot tour than seeing GD in a giant arena right now. I'd give almost anything to go to another 'Shot show in a tiny club and be that close and intimate. I didn't quite make it as close to the front as I wanted last time (first row, but on the very far left in front of Jeff :dry:) and I'd love another opportunity to see them in a setting like that again. It was by far the greatest concert I've ever been too and I treasure that experience.

I also was unable to go as early as I wanted to get a good place in line and meet and talk to people. I'd like to do that next time. I've never gotten to make a whole day of it.

Yeah, me too and it took some getting used to admitting it but I agree completely and strongly.  I have LOVED these shows.  Even though they were shorter, they were still even better than their longer bigger tour, last year. Not sure if anyone noticed but yeah, long 8-10 songs but I have never seen Billie do more improving with instrumentation with Kev like he does with Jay.  One at Santa (I can't remember what song) was so fucking amazing, I was nearly in tears.  He dented their QSC monitor and that shit is expensive (and venue owned) and it was the cable to the fx box.  I have to say, it was nice to see he was basically using distortion or clean.  He had like 2 petals or some shit.  The first band had like 12 petals. Someone needs to tell them it's not in the petal. lol.  God I love the drummer from Darts.  

The show (which I'm about to post another random shot of Happiness.  I'll keep posting them) but as I say in the description they are random and unorganized because the show was too good.  

Honestly, the LA show was the best BJA affair I've been to since 2009.  I liked it even more than the Santa show which was pretty fucking amazing and I was literally 3 feet away while he was performing and even at the pop up type small shows, at La Santa, I was so close I had to protect the monitor and his petals which was not easy but it was so fun.  I love the man.  Always have and will. I can't stop thinking about how good the album is. I kept saying "more shows" on every quiet but got no response. I hope they do tour more and the LA show, showed that the band is getting momentum.  I think they could be international superstars and the energy is just higher buy disclaimer, like ai said, BJ is like a blow job, the last one you got was the best one.

Although the LA show, even though I wasn't able to kiss him if I wanted, and I never wanted to be gay so badly in my life, but the LA show he was just on fire and happy and Santa too but I don't know. I can't sleep.  I am still on a nature high from the shows and they were so good.  Pretty great crowd too and a little different but everyone was wild and kind. Met a ton of people.

I'll stop blabbing but I will miss The Longshot and hope they keep going.  There has to be a monetary incentive because I am sure Billie is getting a much larger percentage of the money (not that he is doing it for money) but he could turn this band out if he wanted I believe.  I think England would eat this shit up.  The melodic stuff in Europe on the AI tour were crowd favorites and Longshot is more of a melody band IMO.  It's odd because if you listen to the album, you would think they were softer but the shows are higher energy, by a lot.  And The Darts can open for GD for life.  I LOVED them.  I love when the opening bands get full crowd which they never do at the big shows and I hate half full venues and so do artists.

Kevin is so on.  I love the theatrics.  Billie loves it and feeds of it.  Franks is always smiling. Was it me, or did Billie, while rocking the fuck out play a little happier the night before. Not better or worse but he just had a smile on the whole time in LA which brings me to my next point.  Whenever Billie says "X is rocking so much better than those guys at Y", it's aways a shout to Y as though the show was great.  I've noticed that and the difference between the two shows was stark.  Maybe I'm wrong, as it's an opinion but the LA show was just legendary and amazing and will be discussed as a seminal moment for them for years and again, even though I loved my spot, the LA show was just better.  That said, they were both FUCKING AMAZING.  I should have traveled to Oakland.  Damnit.  I was thinking there was no way I was gonna even go to Santa before I wen to LA.  Man I am blabbing about nothing. I'll stop here and post one of the many videos I have to come.

Here is the first minute of Happiness from LA.  How lonely is your lonely? Mine is pretty crowded.  Lot's of voices in my head. Both of them.  I am sorry for rambling more than usual but I aint right,  HA!  Happiness the second to last show in LA.  Sorry I didn't record but there is an inverse correlation between me recoding and how fucking amazing he shows were and I barely recorded shit.  If you hear someone right on the phone yelling stupid shit, it wasn't me, it was I.

Would anyone really rather see Green Day in a big venue than any Green Day side band in a small venue? It should be a given tbh, a no brainer that a close up, intimate party of a show, with songs that are written and performed by the same frontman and just as good, is better than a show in a large venue. It's not even a knock on Green Day or Green Day shows to say it, it's just obvious. 

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Would anyone really rather see Green Day in a big venue than any Green Day side band in a small venue? It should be a given tbh, a no brainer that a close up, intimate party of a show, with songs that are written and performed by the same frontman and just as good, is better than a show in a large venue. It's not even a knock on Green Day or Green Day shows to say it, it's just obvious. 

I like Green Day music much better than Longshot music, so I would prefer the larger GD show. But that’s just me. I can see why a Longshot show would be incredible but I’m not a huge fan of that album so I wouldn’t enjoy it as much. I would enjoy the performance aspects of it that @LaughingClock described so well though. I too love seeing Billie so happy and spontaneous and in the moment. And musically free. That is something to behold. 

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

I’m glad I got to go to the two shows I did last year, but this past week makes me wish I had gone to more. Still, in an act of pure selflessness, I would sacrifice another east coast tour for a UK tour so the Brits can see these shows. I really want that for you guys (and then they can come back and do the midwest and I’ll travel 😊)

16 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Great shot man!

Even better one 😉

Archived