New Longshot Shows

Squashie

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Asik said:

Today is the Last longshot show?

Yes tonight in Santa Ana 😢 I have to say I appreciate this so much of The Longshot keeping us happy and distracted this week from waiting for Green Day news. It was getting hard this was just what I needed. Billie sounds and looks great he seems so happy and ready to go out on the road again 💚🔥

7 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yes tonight in Santa Ana 😢 I have to say I appreciate this so much of The Longshot keeping us happy and distracted this week from waiting for Green Day news. It was getting hard this was just what I needed. Billie sounds and looks great he seems so happy and ready to go out on the road again 💚🔥

Really jealous. Never seen Billie live. On the bright side, we are back on arguing about the upcoming album

50 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They should really just get their asses over to Europe though, we also deserve to see The Longshot in concert :cry: (also, despite what they may think, it would DEFINITIVELY pay off financially to do so).

Late to the party here. Straight up, last night was the best BJA show I have ever seen.

As an aside.. I really fucked up my ears from not wearing ear plugs. Pretty bad tinitus and pressure in my ears :( 

I'm posting this picture from last night's show in case the person in it is a member here and wants a memento.  😊

P1030755watermark.jpg

Wow, looking at the footage of the last show (at the Teragram Ballroom) is making me sooo jealous haha

Also, is it me, or does Billie also sound very good there? I don't know, his voice somehow seemed to have been in particularly good shape for that show!

3 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Wow, looking at the footage of the last show (at the Teragram Ballroom) is making me sooo jealous haha

Also, is it me, or does Billie also sound very good there? I don't know, his voice somehow seemed to have been in particularly good shape for that show!

He sounds great. If he’s in training for Green Day I’d say he’s in fighting condition right now. 

I’m so sad to have missed these Longshot shows. I would love to live in a parallel universe where something similar can happen in small European clubs as well.

First, GOD DAMN ANOTHER AMAZING SHOW.

I would follow this band and I’m old.

First, I want to get something out of the way. I am truly sorry that I get in on a guest list but this was the first show where I had a target on my back I felt because of it. There was a snag and people just thought I was talking my way in. On non club shows there is usually another spot, more people and it doesn’t piss off people who have been there all day. I get it BUT...

Nobody is letting me in for my devestating good looks. I get in because I’ve paid my dues as a fan and as a promoter and so I get that perk for helping being a part of it all which i get that everyone is. I even curteously didn’t stand front and center but someone asked me to move to center to where Billie is and I see why. That was painful! It would not be possible to be closer to Billie while he was performing.

It was surreal. Everyone was generally awesome and two beatiful girls gave me a great workout. That came out wrong m. So did that.

Anyway, I do feel bad but again, paid my dues. The attraction to Billie by the crowd was palpable and Billie was amazing. The pushing caused his cable to come out of his distortion petal which made him kick the QSC monitor and dented it (owned by venue, lol). It’s amassing I didn’t end up on bullies mic. I was SURE I was, I just didn’t know when. I had to turn his monitor back on 7x because someone was turning it off by accident. This was a weird situation to worry about that but it was again, just amazing to be that close to him performing. I have never seen THAT close. 3-5’.

Ill never forget it. Different from last night but not in a bad way. I think last night was legendary and tonight was simply amazing. I wish there was another show scheduled.

It seems like Billie enjoys playing more with Longshot. I know the energy level is higher and by the way, the second opener! Wow!!! They are so good. Their drummer is gonna be a STAR!

So some good vids I’ll post later. I’m sure I look stupid on A LOT of videos tonight. Lol

Hes so amazing. 

Long live Longshot!

Didn’t shoot a lot besuwe I was in front of his face. His draw that close is amazing. People are just drawn, near my death but I wouldn’t move. Was too amazing.

Soul Surrender goes into I Fought the Law!

I am a fan of the second act. The drummer is amazing. This kid sold flowers to see her and was there for her so I had her bring him her sticks and she came and spoke to him. Here’s your shot I took for you. She really was fun to watch her hit them thangs. Love the sticker. Don’t forget to check out Prima’s new stuff.

30il2yw.jpg

Sweat and spit close. Wild. A weaker man would have fallen on his stand. Almost did several times. All I could think was that going viral.

2qdts76.jpg

Ok, so I’m a Darts full fledge fan. They were great and won me over with their sexiness and great music. Their drummer is a rock goddess, their bassist is cool as hell, their guitarist is stunning and their keys and lead vocals in that black boister was yummmmy!

They has incredible merch including vinyl and slip pads!

Awesome!  Check out 3:30 CHRISTINA! Very sexually driven band and seems like they fit in an 80s punk band. Their tempos are everywhere. They are extraordinarily.

10 hours ago, Hermione said:

Billie taking the p with that beer lmao

Let that be the end of the debate he’s getting right in our faces with it lol 

Great review @LaughingClock ! I was front and center at two Longshot shows last year and painful but worth it is totally how I’d describe it.

I also agree he seems to be having more fun with this band but it must just be getting to play clubs but I can tell he loves the energy of the music too. I hope he’s able to recapture that energy when he goes back to playing Boulevard of Broken Dreams for the 10,000th time.

^^^you know you’re shit so you can tell it’s more than just the music. He’s enjoying playing with others (sans poor Jeff at the moment) but Kevin and Franks are living their dreams and for  Billie it is always a dream, that’s why his side projects are just harder than GD. FBHT, Network while some people hate love the music and I’m one, he tried to get it out with the covers at first but he had music that wasn’t gonna make it to GD because they don’t “rock enough” and he takes the most benign songs and makes them ragers. Last night wasn’t AS GOOD as LA but it was AMAZING!

Sure the intimacy helps but especially in LA, I’ve never seen BJ as excited and happy as he was. He loves it. I like Mikes Frustrators too. They get “sick of songs” faster than you think. How about the free form solo with him and Kevin yesterday? Who got a shot of it. Sucks because I was literally in his face so I didn’t want to record but I wanted to. 

Amazing shows and I’m gonna be pushing for The Longshot to keep growing and become a real entity. There are, unlike FBHT and the like, have fans that aren’t just there for BJ but for the band and for good reason. Watching the LA show you can see them growing. They can sell like FBHT already or maybe even more. In NY, I guarantee The Longshot could sell $2000.

I dunno; the best BJ (pun intended) was the one you just got and maybe it’s just that but I’m still reeling and that doesn’t happen to me anymore. They neee to record more and keep touring. I hate that there Ian I talk about it right now. Of course they are in the middle of recording and that’s why the show was shoeree this mini series. Great opener, the Darts, they earned a lot of fans. Just great. 

Rambling but yeah, love me some Longshot. My crew last night was amazing. My lil crew last night.

2ed8ldf.jpg

Love the people at these shows. Shiny new ritual people inside and out.  Was this a VIP pass or just their drinking band because I didn’t realize I had it until I got home and would have got me into their little corner wrap party at the end in the venue. Anyway, what a night.

needit it!

id6uyv.jpg

Archived