New Longshot Shows

Squashie

9 minutes ago, 1039Revolutions said:

I deleted the comments because this is a longshot shows page, and I didn’t want to contribute going way off topic, that’s all.

yeeeah right 

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The production is one of the main issue with the trilogy the fake live in studio approach didn’t fit a lot of the songs 

51 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

This is not a will call ticket.  It's an e-ticket.  Just want a bud.  Anyone wanna go?  Line jumper ticket I believe.

This is cool, hope you found someone to give the extra ticket.

I wish this thread was actually about the Longshot and the sets rather than yet another discussion on production of albums that have nothing to do with anything about the Longshot or the new shows. That’s unfortunate. I’m pretty sure there’s probably a more suitable thread for Trilogy bashing and opinions on production of Rev Rad or whatever. 

9 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

I wish this thread was actually about the Longshot and the sets rather than yet another discussion on production of albums that have nothing to do with anything about the Longshot or the new shows. That’s unfortunate. I’m pretty sure there’s probably a more suitable thread for Trilogy bashing and opinions on production of Rev Rad or whatever. 

Well it was sort of relevant because the Trilogy came up because Billie mentioned it at the Longshot show saying how no one listened to them so here people are giving their opinions as to why and whether he’s correct. The fact that he plays Trilogy songs now also makes discussion of it relevant to a Longshot thread. 

So what other Trilogy songs do people think are well suited to a Longshot set? The one I really want to hear them do is Rusty James. I think the sound would blend perfectly. 

If 80, Lee or someone on Billies/longshot account lives streams tonight and tomorrow and saves them, can someone please pleAse rip it and upload it to YouTube. I can’t stay up to see if anyone will livestream the shows and I won’t be around WiFi much until Sunday afternoon. 

Just got back from the LA show. It was indeed epic lol

That was one of the best BJA (GD included) shows in LA since the 90s. That was a legendary show. I think I won’t go tomorrow because it can’t be as good as this was.

Skewed young and that’s good because no industry. I have some great vids and now off to party. 

Wow what a show. This was something special. I’m glad they moved it when I wasn’t before because the show had a feel of growth of the band and I’m not gonna lie, I’d rather see a Longshot show in a small venue than GD in a big one. As fun as he had on the RevRad tour, I’ve never seen him like this. Crowd surfing, shit eating grin the whole time. He even sang into people’s phones up front because the whole house was jumping and everyone was generally awesome. One note: if you’re a person who doesn’t like getting knocked around, don’t go to the second row of a BJA show! That’s gonna happen even with the nicest people. This was good fun guys. I’ll post vids tomorrow. Too wasted now! 

5* review. Was a perfect show (with all his imperfections tonight and Kevin was amazing. Have they don’t that head to head thing already because that was sort of amazing. 

Ok. Still reeling.

This was an epic show  never seen so much stage  diving  at a longshot show  billie and the boys were on fire  and the   Crowd  was   Insane 

best longshot show I have seen so far .......

full audio coming soon  stay tuned .

- OB 

29 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

That was one of the best BJA (GD included) shows in LA since the 90s. That was a legendary show. I think I won’t go tomorrow because it can’t be as good as this was.

Skewed young and that’s good because no industry. I have some great vids and now off to party. 

Wow what a show. This was something special. I’m glad they moved it when I wasn’t before because the show had a feel of growth of the band and I’m not gonna lie, I’d rather see a Longshot show in a small venue than GD in a big one. As fun as he had on the RevRad tour, I’ve never seen him like this. Crowd surfing, shit eating grin the whole time. He even sang into people’s phones up front because the whole house was jumping and everyone was generally awesome. One note: if you’re a person who doesn’t like getting knocked around, don’t go to the second row of a BJA show! That’s gonna happen even with the nicest people. This was good fun guys. I’ll post vids tomorrow. Too wasted now! 

5* review. Was a perfect show (with all his perfections tonight and Kevin was amazing. Have they don’t that head to head thing already because that was sort of amazing. 

Ok. Still reeling.

I wholeheartedly agree. Even compared to the RevRad Palladium show, Billie’s energy and clear genuine happiness shined through tonight, and made for a show I’ll never forget. Truly an unforgettable night.

1 hour ago, LaughingClock said:

I’d rather see a Longshot show in a small venue than GD in a big one

Y’know I feel the same way, which is why I’m so glad I went. The Longshot show felt like a giant party and it was so so soooo fun! I didn’t get to crowdsurf though, maybe next time I’ll have a little more courage 

Randomly picked a video to upload. Not the best choice as it doesn’t show exactly how amazing this show was but it does a little. :)

https://youtu.be/6wqsvMshDgI

This one is a little better.

https://californiarocker.com/2019/06/13/billie-joe-armstrongs-the-longshot-rocks-the-teragram-ballroom-video-by-phanfanisonline/

2 hours ago, Other Billie said:

full audio coming soon  stay tuned .

- OB 

I recorded the audio too but it's terrible quality. Hope yours is better!

The teragram was great and I met a couple awesome ppl I hope to see again. I also finally met Billie at the bar next door and got a hug, which was cool.

Again, if anyone here recorded any clips please message me! I need them for the multi-camera edit

Creepiest thing ever? 

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

They will outdo it. They always do.

I sure hope so. This tops running the bases in your underwear for sure.  I want to see what comes next 😄

After Billie being so repulsed by the knickers, good to see he's not cleaned up his act too much! 😂

Great video! That spit was hilarious and all the feels for 80 - “I told you I loved you in 1990” 💝💝💝

Can anyone tell what Billie said to Kevin at the end?

These shows are so good. I went to both oakland and pappy's they were great. The energy Billie Joe has!  I love these club shows. Epic! 

28 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Can anyone tell what Billie said to Kevin at the end?

Something about "this next one is your response" - what did they play next?

21 minutes ago, jengd said:

Something about "this next one is your response" - what did they play next?

Love is for Losers. Wasn't there but I recognise the pre-song dance :P 

Archived