New Longshot Shows

Squashie

8 minutes ago, deathtofalsesushi said:

I snagged a ticket for Oakland.  First time!  It says doors open at 5 and the show starts at 9, I wonder if that’s accurate

Is it a bar? Maybe they’re hoping you’ll drink a lot 🍻 

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just posting for page 3.

Have 2 extra for Santa and need 2 more for LA.  If anyone would like to trade 2 of their Santas for 2 LA, lemme know.

Have fun y'all.  There are still a few in Pioneertown which I can guarantee will be pure fun.

25 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

I have extra tickets for Santa if anyone has two extra for LA (for two friends).  Happy to trade or whatever. :)

I thought I would be able to just buy but they sold out pretty fast it appears.

Don’t have anything to trade, but sure would like to buy your extra Santa ticket :) 

5 minutes ago, raaaaaaaaah said:

Don’t have anything to trade, but sure would like to buy your extra Santa ticket :) 

Sorry. Can't sell these.  If you're willing to go to Santa, go to Pioneer.  It's actually gonna be the best show, watch and tickets are still, unbelievably, still available.

1 minute ago, LaughingClock said:

Sorry. Can't sell these.  If you're willing to go to Santa, go to Pioneer.  It's actually gonna be the best show, watch.

Already got one! Have a lot of miles, so I’m gonna fly out from the east coast and hit all 3 SC ones. Wonder why Pappy’s is the only one not sold out yet? 

16 hours ago, raaaaaaaaah said:

Already got one! Have a lot of miles, so I’m gonna fly out from the east coast and hit all 3 SC ones. Wonder why Pappy’s is the only one not sold out yet? 

People don't know the venue or where it is.  

I have actually played that venue before.  It's a tiny little dive bar in the old west.  Pioneer Town is 21 Palms essentially.  It's got a little motel in the back that's like a wood cabin. It's in the middle of nowhere near Palm Springs.  It's about 2-3 hours from LA.  It's gonna be a FUN show.  It's a tiny little awesome place but probably has the most single day tickets to sell on top of it.

4 minutes ago, raaaaaaaaah said:

That’s probably the one with the least out of town travelers because people don’t know where it is. I had to look it up on maps. 

10 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That’s probably the one with the least out of town travelers because people don’t know where it is. I had to look it up on maps. 

It's got a great feel and an awesome little outdoor spot for larger shows like this:

This is the bar

Pappy-Harriets-Pioneertown-Outside.jpg

This is the indoor bar and stage:

shade_over_hang-e1468981457425.jpg

This is the outdoor area where they are playing:

I believe it has the most amount of one day tickets:

outdoor-1-e1468981439552.jpg

And get a motel room. It's directly behind the venue:

pioneertown-ca-7.jpg

81532239.jpg

Thanks for the info @LaughingClock! I bought tickets to Pioneertown, but don't know anything about that area. 

Got tickets for Golden Bull and Pappy and Harriets!

@LaughingClock Question for you since you seem knowledgeable about the venues...I saw Longshot last year at Redwood and had to push my way through the crowd to get a view that wasn't obstructed (that place was WAY over-packed and I know people in the back by the bar were unable to see anything due to the design of the place).  Is Moroccan Lounge better designed, meaning you won't have to worry about finding a place to be able to see the stage?

27 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

@LaughingClock Question for you since you seem knowledgeable about the venues...I saw Longshot last year at Redwood and had to push my way through the crowd to get a view that wasn't obstructed (that place was WAY over-packed and I know people in the back by the bar were unable to see anything due to the design of the place).  Is Moroccan Lounge better designed, meaning you won't have to worry about finding a place to be able to see the stage?

Well that all depends on whether the bar keeps the fire code. Moroccan is very similar to Hi-Hat if you saw them there last time. It’s a new place (fairly new ownership) so I expect it to be like that show where it’s intimate and not redic packed but who knows? That’s all up to how the space handles things. FWIW, I’ve never been there under the new management.

5 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Well that all depends on whether the bar keeps the fire code. Moroccan is very similar to Hi-Hat if you saw them there last time. It’s a new place (fairly new ownership) so I expect it to be like that show where it’s intimate and not redic packed but who knows? That’s all up to how the space handles things. FWIW, I’ve never been there under the new management.

Sounds good, yeah I didn't go to the Hi-Hat show.  Were you at Redwood?  God that was nuts.

5 minutes ago, greenday4924 said:

Managed to snag one for Pioneertown but was really hoping to get one for LA.

The Pioneer Town show will be epic.  I promise you'll be happy. My ass is just too lazy (but I'll probably still end up going). Go to Joshua Tree while you're out there.

3 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

The Pioneer Town show will be epic.  I promise you'll be happy. My ass is just too lazy (but I'll probably still end up going). Go to Joshua Tree while you're out there.

I was relieved when I read your earlier comments today that it should be the best show, but LA's not too far and it's a drag to miss out on seeing em twice haha!

@LaughingClock I was just looking into that Pioneer town more, and you're not kidding, that venue is cool. I wish I lived closer... 

I got my tickets for the LA show so disregard my trade request. I’ll be at all shows. Possibly not Oakland because I’m as old as Jesus.

If anyone has a plus one for Santa Ana please consider me. I am happy to reimburse you plus drinks and some cool stuff from SD. 

14 minutes ago, Matt3BJ said:

If anyone has a plus one for Santa Ana please consider me. I am happy to reimburse you plus drinks and some cool stuff from SD. 

I believe there are still tickets for Pappy & Harriets.

Wow 😲  So they’re now doing six shows in seven days! Two in Oakland, one day off and then four in a row in SoCal. Sounds like Billie is really in training for the road. 

So, is the 11th the day their announcing it or the day of the show... You're so confusing, Billie Joe! 

(not that it matters to me, unlucky midwesterner)

3 minutes ago, DadBod said:

So, is the 11th the day their announcing it or the day of the show... You're so confusing, Billie Joe! 

(not that it matters to me, unlucky midwesterner)

Sounds like the day of the show. I assumed since it is the day before the other LA show.

Archived