New Longshot Shows

Squashie

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Not surprised. Have fun anyone who's going. Maybe @Admiral_Needa will treat us again. 🙏

Thanks! I'll definitely try to get tickets so I can go! 

Might need some help, though, if I get unlucky on Thursday and have to buy an extra one from one of you. 

Just saw some of you a few days ago at the Ultra Q / Mt. Eddy show in SF! Hope to see you all again! 😎

Bill Schneider is saying new record June 6th as well...

New record for Dead Sound. 

I figured it would only be in Cali but I am excited at the possibility of seeing new live footage.

16 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

They’re all in California..

Fuck.

How do you know they're ALL in Cali?

Edit: Nvm misread it.

Gutted, flight times don't match with the ones I could possibly (after selling a kidney) afford, for the one show that would give me enough time to get there and back between work. Was really hoping I'd make it this time. 

Anyone else suspect this could be a ruse for Green Day to perform some new tunes?

16 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Anyone else suspect this could be a ruse for Green Day to perform some new tunes?

I don’t, I think it will be Longshot shows as advertised. It’s not like other side projects where all the same band members participate. 

47 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I don’t, I think it will be Longshot shows as advertised. It’s not like other side projects where all the same band members participate. 

Yeah but the timing does seem strange. It’s been a year since the album/tour. Nothing new to promote. Now we know GD has a new album on the horizon and all of a sudden they plan a mini-tour 🤔

7 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Yeah but the timing does seem strange. It’s been a year since the album/tour. Nothing new to promote. Now we know GD has a new album on the horizon and all of a sudden they plan a mini-tour 🤔

It’s to fill the time until the promotion starts for the new album. There’s just nothing for GD to do until then and Billie loves to perform and gets bored. It’s not really all of a sudden, he and Kevin have both mentioned wanting to play more shows since the last tour ended. He just loves The Longshot. 

Might be going to California with the family since my brother wants to go to the Fortnite thing on the weekend of the 15-16.
...might be able to convince them to go earlier. I'd love to see them in California.

3 hours ago, Adorkable said:

Has anyone found the link to buy tickets?

Not yet...

Oh my god :runaround: 

Another tour, double Longshot??? So used to side projects being a one and done (unless revisited after another Green Day album). I guess they enjoyed themselves too much! Excited to hear/see everything

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It’s to fill the time until the promotion starts for the new album. There’s just nothing for GD to do until then and Billie loves to perform and gets bored. It’s not really all of a sudden, he and Kevin have both mentioned wanting to play more shows since the last tour ended. He just loves The Longshot. 

Also the shows are local and not the kind that require much prep so I doubt it's something that takes up that much time by Billie/Green Day standards.

Doing side projects in conjunction with making Green Day albums has also seemed to inspire and do good things for the band in the past (The Network/American Idiot, FBHT/21st CB, plus Billie doing PHGP between earlier albums), I imagine Billie doing this is only a good thing for Green Day too.

Yep, and a little lower key practice/getting concert ready too!

Woke to Bill’s post and like lots, thought he meant new Longshot album, was gutted that it’s new Longshot music as that has to put GD back, but it’s not, it’s a new Dead Sound record - at least we get new footage to pour over but emotional wreck and it’s 6 am!

I'm sad that they're all in California this time, but I'm still incredibly grateful that I at least got to see them when they played here. Looking forward to some cool videos of these shows! :D

It was wishful thinking of me to hope for UK shows from this Longshot announcement, but I'm so happy that we are going to get some more Longshot shows now as I didn't expect there to be any more Longshot shows before album #13. I'm looking forward to the footage from these gigs. 

Anyone remember what the cost was for a ticket on the previous tour? 

35 minutes ago, joebot33 said:

Anyone remember what the cost was for a ticket on the previous tour? 

$25 for the shows I went to

Archived