NIMROD IS FUCKING WILD!

brainstevv

I'm a new fan of green day and I've been listening to only American idiot for like two weeks JKGFLDSKSSJF

And idk why but I was always got some prejudge to Nimrod, and I listened to the whole album today, AND.IT.WAS.SO.FUCKING.GOOD.

lesson 1:

never prejudge aNY green day song or album ever!1!1! 

P.S: I DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA OF HOW TO USE THIS WEBSITE

I am not a new fan, but I randomly decided to spin Nimrod today and this is the first thread I see on ol' GDC! Haha, funny. Nimrod is so awesome. I think my favourite part of the album might be the one-two punch of Jinx and Haushinka.

Nimrod is one of their best albums for sure. So much variation, 18 (!!!!!!!) songs and only one of them is bad. Love the title and album art as well. 

2 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

only one of them is bad

Wich one?

3 minutes ago, Malleus said:

I am not a new fan, but I randomly decided to spin Nimrod today and this is the first thread I see on ol' GDC! Haha, funny. Nimrod is so awesome. I think my favourite part of the album might be the one-two punch of Jinx and Haushinka.

lol

3 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

Nimrod is one of their best albums for sure. So much variation, 18 (!!!!!!!) songs and only one of them is bad. Love the title and album art as well. 

which song is the bad one🤔

Just now, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Wich one?

I’m sure everyone has a different opinion of which track is the bad one. Personally I always skip Last Ride In. Didn’t see the point of a repetitive surf instrumental on an album that already had 17 tracks on it. 

3 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Wich one?

2 minutes ago, brainstevv said:

which song is the bad one🤔

Take Back. The way they say TaAaKe BaAaAcK is enough to ruin an otherwise nice song and I can't stand it lol 

I don't think Last Ride In is bad at all, it's probably my least favourite but I enjoy listening to it and don't skip it when I listen to the record

Edit: Take Back is so great, I wish they had more songs like it haha

Just now, Nightlife said:

Take Back. The way they say TaAaKe BaAaAcK is enough to ruin an otherwise nice song and I can't stand it lol 

lmaoo tru dat

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Personally I always skip Last Ride In.

Exactly. Same for me.

Take Back is second worst for me. It used to really annoy me but I’ve gotten used to it and they rarely do flat out punk songs like that anymore so I find myself listening to it more. 

Take Back is fine to me because it's just Green Day doing a sound we've never heard before. If it was longer than 2 minutes, it would annoy me but it's really short so it's easy to just listen to and I like it's placement on the album right before King For A Day

My least favourites are Good Riddance (overrated as hell) and Last Ride In (yawn). There are a couple other tracks I don't care for too much like Walking Alone, and Uptight is way too repetitive with the chorus being repeated over and over. Honestly it's one of my least favourite GD albums but it's still great and has fantastic songs!

I appreciate Last Ride In for the different sounds. It’s part of what makes Nimrod the musical experiment that it is

I think Worry Rock is really underrated

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

One of my all time favourite songs. Too bad they never play it live, I can only find one audioclip on YouTube and it's only on setlist.fm twice (in '98 and '09). 

On 5/28/2019 at 12:02 PM, brainstevv said:

I'm a new fan of green day and I've been listening to only American idiot for like two weeks JKGFLDSKSSJF

And idk why but I was always got some prejudge to Nimrod, and I listened to the whole album today, AND.IT.WAS.SO.FUCKING.GOOD.

lesson 1:

never prejudge aNY green day song or album ever!1!1! 

P.S: I DON'T KNOW ANY IDEA HOW TO USE THIS WEBSITE

Damn that rules, getting into Green Day and discovering all this new music for the first time is so awesome. Nimrod is maybe my favorite GD album depending on the day, definitely blew my mind the first time I heard it. So many stone cold classics!! 

23 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

22 hours ago, Nightlife said:

One of my all time favourite songs. Too bad they never play it live, I can only find one audioclip on YouTube and it's only on setlist.fm twice (in '98 and '09). 

Yeah talk about a deeper album cut that's sure to be a crowdpleaser,  would love to see that back in the setlist! 

• 2 weeks later...

Best Green Day album buuutt I've gotten sick and tired of Good Riddance and I've always kinda hated Last Ride In.

The album that got me into Green Day, this one will always hold a special place in my heart.  

And as for the one bad song, I'd have to go with Haunshinka. 

This album came out right before my 12th birthday, although I didn't get it until after it was released.  My mom ordered it for me through one of the CD catalogs that used to come in the mail.  

This album, partnered with Enema of the State opened me up to a whole new world.  Up to that point, I thought Sheryl Crow was doing some risky things on her self-titled album.  Haha. 

Green Day got me through some seriously rough middle school years.  

Having not really been a fan around that period, it shocks me to hear reports of some Green Day fans allegedly giving up on the band after its release, simply because Nimrod was too much "out of the ordinary" for them. Personally, I think that's what makes it great! 

There's some extraordinary variety on this thing (at least for Green Day's standards) and it includes some songs that are so diverse and complex that they've actually struggled to do them justice when performing live and therefore rarely play them, something that isn't at all typical for 90s Green Day :lol:

Of course, I also think Warning is underrated and, although it took me a while to get into, it also is a great album featuring a lot of diversity and experimentation. However, Nimrod is probably Green Day's best varied album, since it features BOTH their classic distorted sound and many other musical directions that they hadn't explored until then. 

Also, whatever you may think of the songs, it undeniably wins the category of best produced Green Day album of the 90s, HANDS DOWN! Seriously, the production on this thing is INCREDIBLE! Dookie and Insomniac were also well recorded, mixed and mastered, but Nimrod makes them both look amateurish in this regard, it's simply that good. 

For all these reasons, I keep finding myself placing it at either N1 or N2 of my favourite 90s Green Day albums. 

Archived