"Billie Joe's Campfire" Instagram Posts

MillenniumFan

I feel like we need a thread called “Billie Joe’s campfire” just for these story times. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I can tell because I'm wearing shorts which is a rare occurrence." Yes, we know, Billie. We keep track. :lol:

After the number of shows they have played I find it incredible the stuff he remembers.  I think Tre once said Billie remembers everything to a really remarkable degree.

7 hours ago, jengd said:

After the number of shows they have played I find it incredible the stuff he remembers.  I think Tre once said Billie remembers everything to a really remarkable degree.

Both here and at the Wrigley press conference he’s prefaced a story with “I could be totally wrong” although he rarely is. 

Billie Joe's campfire volume 4 (or is it 5?)

16 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Both here and at the Wrigley press conference he’s prefaced a story with “I could be totally wrong” although he rarely is. 

He really does have an incredible memory. They all do! It's impressive just that they are able to remember the ridiculous number of songs that they have, including ones they haven't played in years. Yes, they do band practices and rehearsals to prepare for shows if they pull out some real oldies, but it's still really amazing how much they're able to keep in their heads.

6 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

He really does have an incredible memory. They all do! It's impressive just that they are able to remember the ridiculous number of songs that they have, including ones they haven't played in years. Yes, they do band practices and rehearsals to prepare for shows if they pull out some real oldies, but it's still really amazing how much they're able to keep in their heads.

Songs I can understand because that’s muscle memory but stories and facts from shows you did thirty years ago when you’ve done that much drugs and alcohol? That’s impressive. I never did that and I can’t remember shit from high school.

• Hermione changed the title to "Billie Joe's Campfire" Instagram Posts

This is kind of one too because he’s telling a backstory. It’s from just before he got the campfire idea...

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

This is kind of one too because he’s telling a backstory. It’s from just before he got the campfire idea..

His voice sounds so stupidly good here. I come back to this clip like annually and I always think that. 

5 minutes ago, SumDay said:

His voice sounds so stupidly good here. I come back to this clip like annually and I always think that. 

I know, it’s a crazy cool vocal 

I appreciate the story too because I did wonder why he chose a Misfits song for Metallica and this explains it. 

1 hour ago, SumDay said:

Yep, you just have to close your eyes so you don’t see the scarf on his head - what the hell was that about?  Dentist not available? 😂😂

2 minutes ago, jengd said:

Yep, you just have to close your eyes so you don’t see the scarf on his head - what the hell was that about?  Dentist not available? 😂😂

Chanelling his inner babushka 

so Billie spelt Southampton "South Hampton" and I politely corrected him.

Ive now been discussing with Billie and Larry Livermore the 'fact' that London used to be called "Lon Don" and whether Loughborough is in Connecticut.

Not how I expected to start my Saturday 

30 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Ive now been discussing with Billie and Larry Livermore the 'fact' that London used to be called "Lon Don" and whether Loughborough is in Connecticut.

Omg, this is great, I was just reading that and loving the exchange and it’s you!  You must be stoked, think I would be borderline hysterical. 😁

1 hour ago, jengd said:

Omg, this is great, I was just reading that and loving the exchange and it’s you!  You must be stoked, think I would be borderline hysterical. 😁

Was too busy resisting the urge to let billie know the next album is going to be pop shit to get excited 

8 hours ago, Joe. said:

Haha that was you? I always fear that it pisses him off when people nitpick his spelling and grammar because he seems sensitive about that.

I was too busy being sick to my stomach over the thought of him wearing clothes scavenged from a garbage bag on the street 🤢🤮 

But the best had to be falling off the stage, thought he was dead “turns out I lived” 😂 I imagine he has a long list of stories that end with “I thought I was dead...turns out I lived” 😄

This was a great one. Even the Def Leppard distraction he was like “...SQUIRREL!” 😂 

He really needs to write a book later in life, I think it would be hilarious.

4 minutes ago, jengd said:

He really needs to write a book later in life, I think it would be hilarious.

I'd totally read that. But not that boring kind of book a ghostwriter strips of all style. Obviously, he'd need lots of editing, but his way of storytelling kind of has its charm.

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

I'd totally read that. But not that boring kind of book a ghostwriter strips of all style. Obviously, he'd need lots of editing, but his way of storytelling kind of has its charm.

Oh I think leave it unedited, it would lose his charm otherwise.

5 minutes ago, jengd said:

Oh I think leave it unedited, it would lose his charm otherwise.

I wouldn't mind it unedited, but I don't suppose that would happen. Usually biographies of famous people get at least partially done by professional writers, so I suppose it's inevitable that so would his if he wrote one… Anyway, I absolutely loved Keith Richards' book. Something like that would be great.

Archived