Billie Joe Armstrong to collaborate with Jesse Malin

WorryRock02

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Alf said:

Can't hear Billie on Russian Roulette, I guess he was miscredited

He could be playing guitar and may have co-written.

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

He could be playing guitar and may have co-written.

The creditson spotify show the authors of the song, nor Billie nor Jesse have written the song

Jesse Malin released Russian Roulette on his 2008 album "On Your Sleeve". It's a cover by "The Lords of The New Church". From what I heard from this snippet, it sounds a little different from his 2008 release, so I think he re-recorded it.

On 6/14/2019 at 3:23 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Do you mean this one? Looks like the b-side to the single it is also co-credited to Billie:

Not credited as co-writer, right? That's a Lords of the New Church song. (Which I love!)

Jesse Malin's music is boring. Song is ok but ehh, not interesting to me.

On 6/20/2019 at 8:22 AM, Hermione said:

Jesse Malin's music is boring. Song is ok but ehh, not interesting to me.

Most of his music, I agree. But there are some tracks by him that are pure musical joy!   

Black Haired Girl

Don't Let Them Take You Down  and Burning Down the Bowery (with some group)  

Him and Billie did a fantastic cover of "Death or Glory" by the Clash....their cover made me realize how much I adored the original, and just how amazing that band is.  

.....and that's about it.  His covers are good, and he clearly has the same passion for punk rock classics as Billie Joe and company, so that's cool.  Seems like a genuinely nice guy.   Some of the better covers:   "Do you Remember Rock N Roll Radio" and "Wonderful".   

I take back my comment about him joining Green Day, but wish him all the best.  

10 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Most of his music, I agree. But there are some tracks by him that are pure musical joy!   

Black Haired Girl

Don't Let Them Take You Down  and Burning Down the Bowery (with some group)  

Him and Billie did a fantastic cover of "Death or Glory" by the Clash....their cover made me realize how much I adored the original, and just how amazing that band is.  

.....and that's about it.  His covers are good, and he clearly has the same passion for punk rock classics as Billie Joe and company, so that's cool.  Seems like a genuinely nice guy.   Some of the better covers:   "Do you Remember Rock N Roll Radio" and "Wonderful".   

I take back my comment about him joining Green Day, but wish him all the best.  

Yeah I've got nothing against him, just don't find his music interesting

Jesse Malin @jesse_malin Jun 14

"Strangers & Thieves” started as a song for a fun side project with the @GreenDay guys. I had the music & chorus. @billiejoe sent lyrics about the Bay Area scene through his eyes & it was very parallel to my experiences in New York. Listen now: https://geni.us/StrangersAndThieves …

I love this song even more now that I have the lyrics. Cute GD shout outs in the video too including some vintage flyers and a Coverups setlist. 

Here’s the full lyric video, it’s actually a nice video and there’s a few really cool “easter eggs” :) 

This is growing on me. I've even had it stuck in my head today. I do like Jesse Malin but find he's better live than on the record.

• 1 month later...

Jesse Malin @jesse_malin

A little behind writing "Strangers & Thieves" with my great friend

@billiejoe

Sunset Kids is out 8.30 - (link: http://geni.us/SunsetKids) geni.us/SunsetKids

watch video here:

• 4 weeks later...

The album is out and is actually really really good. I think Strangers and thieves fits perfectly in it, I am digging it even more now. 

Archived