RevRad backing vocals

Aron4000

31 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

@Asik No offence but I think you're talking shite lol. How can you tell what Billie's backing vocals sound like vs Mike's backing vocals?

No offence, but i think your talking is even shittier. Doesnt matter if its backing vocals, its still their vocals. Since i listen to gd everyday, its pretty easy to differentiate the vocals of bill and mike. There were people arguing that its mike who sang bang bang give me fame in the studio. There might be some vocals of mike, but i havent heard them. You can tell me the songs, and i will check them out

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

@Asik No offence but I think you're talking shite lol. How can you tell what Billie's backing vocals sound like vs Mike's backing vocals?

Yeah, he might be lol. I think it is impossible to tell who's singing when it's a harmony, so I don't know why he is so certain about it being Billie

Is it possible that they overdubbed both Billie and Mike doing harmony/backing vocals? I remember from hearing this vocal only track of Still Breathing that it sounds like Billie on the lead track and also harmony but if this is only Billie’s vocal tracks, then maybe there are separate tracks of Mike’s vocals and they’re laid together? If not then I only hear Billie on this.

Next album needs some Billie/Mike harmonies and some sick bass lines from Mike. 

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Is it possible that they overdubbed both Billie and Mike doing harmony/backing vocals? 

Yeah, could be but I doubt they do that on harmonies, on shouting (like Bang Bang), possibly

Mike sings backing vocals on every album. I think they're just less prominent in more recent ones and are mixed in with Billie's. Plus their voices blend together/complement each other, you get so used to hearing the sound of Billie + Mike doing backing in Green Day songs that it can start to seem like that sound is just Billie.

I absolutely love Mike and Billie's harmonizing! I wish they would do more of it. There's a wonderful acoustic version of Words I Might Have Ate on 1039 Smooth I think and it gives me chills every time. Just their voices together and one guitar and it's perfect.

4 hours ago, cav9mm said:

In those YouTube clips, how do they isolate the vocals ?

The clip that I uploaded is from Inside the Mix.

It is a video with RevRad mixer Andrew Scheps, and he walks through Bang Bang. It is basically a behind the scenes, he shows what effects he used and such. It costs money, but I found a website that lets you watch for free. If you want the link, DM me.

The Still Breathing one is from Rock Band, a game that has multitracks, unfortunately, Still Breathing is the only one we have from RevRad

On 5/17/2019 at 4:00 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Is it possible that they overdubbed both Billie and Mike doing harmony/backing vocals? I remember from hearing this vocal only track of Still Breathing that it sounds like Billie on the lead track and also harmony but if this is only Billie’s vocal tracks, then maybe there are separate tracks of Mike’s vocals and they’re laid together? If not then I only hear Billie on this.

I only hear Billie in this

22 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

I only hear Billie in this

I know that’s what I said but my question was whether Mike also sings backing vocals separately and they lay the tracks together. This clip is Billie’s track but does that negate the fact that Mike can also do a backing track or does that never happen.

50 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I know that’s what I said but my question was whether Mike also sings backing vocals separately and they lay the tracks together. This clip is Billie’s track but does that negate the fact that Mike can also do a backing track or does that never happen.

I'm sure Mike does some on the songs but the fact is they are not audible in the mix. It becomes even more evident when you hear them performing live with the backing vocals performed by the band as Billie sings. 

On 5/17/2019 at 5:07 PM, Asik said:

Nope thats Billie.

No, it is definitely Mike without a doubt

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I get what you mean, but I doubt that they would only release a "Billie vocal track" separately, hopefully we will get more multitracks and then it will be easier

The thing is, if both Billie and Mike are doing backing vocals together, it might just be harder to recognise Mike, because whenever we hear a hint of Billie's vocals in the background (which are very distinctive, when you hear Billie Joe's voice you know it's Billie Joe) it might just be assumed that it's just Billie singing the backing vocals.

On 5/17/2019 at 2:18 AM, Aron4000 said:

Hey, anyone know if Mike does any backing vocals on RevRad? I know that Billie does it on Still Breathing, the other ones I cannot be sure because it is hard to isolate backing vocals without multitracks. I know Mike is credited for backing vocals on the record, but I don't really hear him. Can anyone provide evidence from an interview or article or something?

Btw many think that Mike is doing backing vocals on Bang Bang, but I am pretty sure he isn't. Here is a snippet from Inside the Mix with Andrew Scheps (bang bang vocals isolated),   to me it sounds like Billie:

Thanks, and sorry if this was asked before.

Edit: Separted Left and Right tracks to isolate individual vocal tracks

Who do you think are these voices?

@Beerjeezus @Christian's Inferno! @Little Boy Named Airplane @Asik @pacejunkie punk

Of course its Bill. Its 100 percent his voice, and i doubt than any membrr of gd can sing like that

Archived