RevRad backing vocals

Aron4000

Hey, anyone know if Mike does any backing vocals on RevRad? I know that Billie does it on Still Breathing, the other ones I cannot be sure because it is hard to isolate backing vocals without multitracks. I know Mike is credited for backing vocals on the record, but I don't really hear him. Can anyone provide evidence from an interview or article or something?

Btw many think that Mike is doing backing vocals on Bang Bang, but I am pretty sure he isn't. Here is a snippet from Inside the Mix with Andrew Scheps (bang bang vocals isolated),   to me it sounds like Billie:

Thanks, and sorry if this was asked before.

Edit: Separted Left and Right tracks to isolate individual vocal tracks

Who do you think are these voices?

@Beerjeezus @Christian's Inferno! @Little Boy Named Airplane @Asik @pacejunkie punk

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think someone other than BJ sings background vocals on "Too Dumb to Die" - at least during the solo it's not BJ, I think.

And on "Forever Now" (1st part) there might be background vocals from someone else.

Yes, might be, I found that Mike could be doing vocals on the end of Forever Now (somewhere now) and maybe on Bouncing Off The Walls, other than that, I am not sure

With backing vocals, I can never tell who's doing it. I loved the backing vocals throughout 21CB (the album), can anyone confirm whether those were Billie or Mike?

I am certain that it is Mike throughout the whole album except East Jesus Nowhere. Also, there are parts where they both do it at the same time, for example in Know Your Enemy or 21 Guns. You can watch videos on YT to listen to lead vocals removed if that helps

36 minutes ago, Aron4000 said:

I am certain that it is Mike throughout the whole album except East Jesus Nowhere. Also, there are parts where they both do it at the same time, for example in Know Your Enemy or 21 Guns. You can watch videos on YT to listen to lead vocals removed if that helps

Any idea why he would have stopped doing backing vocals? Does he have any on the trilogy?

55 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Any idea why he would have stopped doing backing vocals? Does he have any on the trilogy?

“Well I don’t want to be an imbecile” on Sex Drugs And Violence 

4 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

“Well I don’t want to be an imbecile” on Sex Drugs And Violence 

Yeah I know that. That's a lead vocal though

It's not Mike who's saying "I ain't gonna stand in line no more" in Forever Now?

2 hours ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

It's not Mike who's saying "I ain't gonna stand in line no more" in Forever Now?

Haven't heard that song in a while but I recall it sounding like Billie was singing that. He also sings it when they perform it live I believe

9 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Any idea why he would have stopped doing backing vocals? Does he have any on the trilogy

I am pretty sure he does all or most of the backing vocals on the trilogy, RevRad is what I am not sure about

4 hours ago, Asik said:

In revrad all the audible back vocals are billie

That makes me sad Billie and Mike have always had such beautiful harmonies. I hope they bring that back next album. 

6 hours ago, Asik said:

In revrad all the audible back vocals are billie

How do you know?

I'm pretty sure I can hear Mike in Say Goodbye and Too Dumb to Die at the very least.

28 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

I'm pretty sure I can hear Mike in Say Goodbye

He's saying ''And Suferiiiiiing''

6 minutes ago, Asik said:

Nope thats Billie.

Seriously? Shit I'll listen carefully next time.

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Seriously? Shit I'll listen carefully next time.

I just gave it a listen. I can't guarantee that its billie, but the way he sings it sounds like Bill to me. 

@Asik No offence but I think you're talking shite lol. How can you tell what Billie's backing vocals sound like vs Mike's backing vocals?

I hope on the new album we get backing vocals from Mike and Mike sings a portion of a song like he did on American Eulogy.  

4 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

I hope on the new album we get backing vocals from Mike and Mike sings a portion of a song like he did on American Eulogy.  

I'm the class of thirteen
In the era of dissent
A hostage of the soul
On a strike to pay the rent

😍😍

Archived