The Nimrods Podcast - new Green Day discussion podcast!

TheNimrodsPodcast

On 10/4/2019 at 5:14 AM, Austin_of_Suburbia said:

I enjoy this podcast! It's helping to fill the void since the dangling end of Kenn Edwards and Patrick Miller's Welcome to Paradise that I loved - which if you're looking for less harsh opinions and more in-depth album research/analysis in your Green Day podcast you should check out.

Thank you so much for suggesting the Welcome To Paradise podcast! I’m nearly done listening to every episode and I’ve loved it. Doing an album per episode it can’t go as in depth as the Nimrods ranking podcast does analyzing each song, but the musical reference points they cite and play are really interesting and I’m learning a lot.  I don’t know if they’re still around but I e-mailed to ask if they would come back to do episodes for the Longshot album and Father of All Motherfuckers when it comes out. 

All this to say I’ve gone on a search for more Green Day podcasts. Does anyone have any others to recommend?  I discovered there’s a new one on Spotify called Redundant that just began this month. They are doing an album by album thing too and I plan to start it next. There are three episodes up so far. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/3/2019 at 7:04 AM, Beerjeezus said:

I understand the dislike for the nhl deal, but with the direction they're going, it seems wise to wait until they make a exclusive promo deal to write tampon ad jingles for the next 10 years and then complain lol

With all due respect the tampon ad jingle business died years ago when they started using Stuck In The Middle With You 

• 8 months later...

Yep, got very behind but just caught up again.  Thought the re-ranking episode was hilarious.  I’m given up trying to rank the songs myself, just listen for fun.

9 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Does anyone else here besides me still listen to these guys? 

I do. With quarantine it’s become one of the things I really look forward to every week.

15 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Does anyone else here besides me still listen to these guys? 

Listening to the new one right now!