Happy 10th Anniversary 21st Century Breakdown!

Little Boy Named Booze

42 minutes ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

This is the album that got me into Green Day and I still love it to death! I can't comprehend how it's been 10 years already. Everyone is 10 years older and it's crazy. How did this happen? I really miss all the 21CB songs being played live. Especially Before the Lobotomy, 21 Guns, and Last Night on Earth. Then there's the tragedy that Peacemaker was never played live (that I'm aware of), and Christian's Inferno was possibly a one off. It would have been great if they'd played those.

Peacemaker has been played 3-4 times at least mainly the 3-4 shows they performed the whole album live in April 2009

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's audio of Peacemaker from the Fox Theatre and it's fabulous

There are still a lot of trilogy songs I'd kill to see, but 21st Century Breakdown in full would be the ultimate show for me.

Edit: speaking of which I don't remember listening to Horseshoes & Handgrenades from that show before and that's great too. In case anyone else wants to hear

7 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

This is the album that got me into Green Day and I still love it to death! I can't comprehend how it's been 10 years already. Everyone is 10 years older and it's crazy. How did this happen? I really miss all the 21CB songs being played live. Especially Before the Lobotomy, 21 Guns, and Last Night on Earth. Then there's the tragedy that Peacemaker was never played live (that I'm aware of), and Christian's Inferno was possibly a one off. It would have been great if they'd played those.

They played the entire album front to back a few times around the time of release. So every song was played a few times at least

Yeah that's what I thought. I just never saw any videos of it. Audio is nice, but was there ever any video taken of any of these songs?

1 hour ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Yeah that's what I thought. I just never saw any videos of it. Audio is nice, but was there ever any video taken of any of these songs?

There is a good quality video, or was on YouTube of one if the very first shows where they played it all so keep looking,  I haven’t time just now but will try and find it later.

Can't believe it's been 10 years! Can't believe how fast time flies, haha

I think a lot of GD fans tend to underrate this one. This is a fantastic album and a worthy follow-up to AI imo

This album is my adolescence. Because of this album i'm become a really fan of GD. Thanks you 21st CB for being part of my life since the last 10 years.

5 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Not if they weren’t in the pro video that was shot and aired.  As far as I know this is all that’s out there. The video is from the TV broadcast and the ones that didn’t air are either poor fan videos or audio only. But at least it’s the full show:

• 1 month later...

As if it’s been 10 years. I remember the demo of 21CB and listening to it on repeat. I really loved the piano opening of the song on that version. Then when the album was released I got friends to cover me at college while I ran into town to get album and when I got back to college I just listened to it on repeat in class through my headphones. Some of my best memories.

As someone else said, I kinda grew out of them a little bit so don’t give them as much love as I used to. But this album and the memories I hold with this album still remain the best.

also 2 months late almost but saw it bumped and had to chime in XD 

This was my 1st ''new'' Green Day album. I wasn't living - sadly - at my home that period. And I remember my mother coming taking me the book edition wich I still have. It was basically the day they released the CD. I've spent 2004 (when I bought Dookie) from 2008 buying everything about them. So that was a special day. I remember loving. Those ones were my early days on YouTube, and I remember their live performance for ''21st Century Breakdown''. I used to listen to it on repeat. I don't know how many times I played East Jesus Nowhere with the guy that was my best friend, back then. I love Before the Lobotomy and Static Age is been my fave for a while. Very good album and a nice period of my life-time, full of hopes and expectations. Viva la Green Day.

Archived