Warning Alternate Mix / Unmastered

di1

Hiya,

I've just picked this up and I'm not too into the Green Day community so I wasn't sure where to post this. It's a promo CD that has an alternate mix of the album and is unmastered. Is this circulating and can I post a download link here?

Each song seems to be a larger file than normal but it sounds the same to me.

Someone else may notice some differences though, I only listened to the title track.

I can hear the difference in Misery the most just off a quick scan of this 

Well, at least the levels are something off. Enough proof that is an unfinished product. Listen how unconsistent Blood, sex and booze is compared to the final release. I find some alternate mixing on that same song. Bass is placed a bit different.

Church and Sunday has a bit less drums and bit more keys. The bass on Misery is clearly different, and some of the orchestra arrangements are placed differently. There are a hit of sticks left on the end of Deadbeat Holiday. Hold On is almost a different song, but you knew that already. Some addicional voices, main vocal track a tad lower on the mix, harder stomping. Jackass has less saxo. Waiting is softer, at least on the beggining.

A very interesting listening. At least is good to hear how hard they worked for the final release :)

Castaway sounds different in the last verse probably just lower volume as well. I wonder how many album promo cds you see on ebay have slightly differwnt mixes

So glad to find this here.... and today is my birthday AND Warning is my TOP 2 Favorite Green Day album ever!!!

So happy, thanks a lot for sharing this!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived