Mike selling Piedmont mansion for $6.8 million

desertrose

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/04/26/photos-mike-dirnt-of-green-day-selling-piedmont-mansion-for-6-8m/

https://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-mike-dirnt-bay-area-20190425-story.html

Mike Dirnt of Green Day is tuning into the Bay Area market. His stately Mediterranean-style home of three years is up for grabs in Piedmont for $6.8 million.

The bassist has been making plenty of noise in the real estate industry as of late, selling homes in Ojai, Newport Beach and Montecito in the last three years. He bought the Piedmont property through a trust in 2016 for $5.85 million, records show.

Set on three-quarters of an acre, the gated estate centers on a 6,712-square-foot home built in 1927. Beamed ceilings, hardwood floors and thick hand-plastered walls keep the residence in touch with its roots, and the remodeled kitchen brings things into the 21st century.

A sweeping staircase leads upstairs, where a master suite with paneled walls expands to a column-lined terrace. It’s one of five bedrooms and 5.5 bathrooms in the two-story floor plan.

Arches frame the loggia out back, which descends to a trellis-topped flagstone patio space with a swimming pool and spa. The manicured grounds also hold a fountain and fire pit.

Heidi Marchesotti of BHG Highland Partners holds the listing.

la-fi-hotprop-mike-dirnt-bay-area-201904

I know there's been times it's been allowed before but I don't think we really need a thread every time a Green Day member sells a house. I don't mind if there's an article and it's posted in Random Green Day News (like, the article is publicly released info and it's kind of interesting to see how nice the house looks or whatever) but I don't really know what there is to discuss about it beyond that. It isn't our business to discuss and speculate about where they're living/moving to. Looking at the replies so far I'm just going to close this. Edit: On discussion with the team we're in agreement on this, lets not have threads for this going forward

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived