Why no live tracks of Revolution Radio Tour???

17Gonzalo

In every Green Day Reprise album era we had live tracks (bonus tracks, singles, EPs or live albums) of each tour, except Revolution Radio one. What do you think is due?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a big live album planned for a release, "Haushinka 2017.", 34 songs, but John Roecker stole it and we won't be seeing it till 2029

Yeah it's really a shame. The only effort made was the few Instagram live videos they did backstage, it's strange that they didn't put out live videos to promote the tour when it would've been so easy to in this day and age as well as live tracks etc. I think it's probably too late now, have to hope they do more next time.

I think they didn't do it because this tour was a lot like 21CB so AAF has it covered. I'd love a pro shot live video but it would be weird to put out another live album with almost the same content.

Yeah I wouldn't have expected a whole live album. But just some random videos and tracks would've been good. Like, even though they were doing a live album with the 21st CB tour they still also put out live videos and stuff during the tour, on their official site and fan site. It's weird that there was virtually nothing, not even photos.

I think the reason may be that BJ's voice was not very fine during that tour. 

Pearl Jam give us a live album from each concert.... Green Day have tones of great sounding live performances (maybe is the best band in this) and they olnly give a few tracks (some of them with the same repeated songs). I understand that is difficult and a lot of job to compose and record a new album, but is not the same with live ones...

I actually thought he sounded better live, or at least he did at my show (US summer 17). 

1 minute ago, DadBod said:

I actually thought he sounded better live, or at least he did at my show (US summer 17). 

I saw them twice (1998 and 2009) and heared many bootlegs, tv concerts, etc... always perfect sound except Billie's voice in RR tour... I think that is the best band in live performances. They must record and sell more live tracks for their fans (us)

Granted, the setlists don't change much from one date to the next but....I wish Green Day was one of those bands that has soundboard recordings available for fans to buy as they're leaving the venue.

38 minutes ago, 17Gonzalo said:

I think the reason may be that BJ's voice was not very fine during that tour. 

I think it varied a lot during the tour - sometimes he sounded great and sometimes not perfect. I don't really mind though, I like the raw singing he does when he's objectively having a bad day :P

It did vary but Hyde Park sounded great based on what I heard when they played it over the radio. They should have releaed that.

The only live track we had on this era was a bonus track from AAF. I don't know why Reprise/The band didn't release at least some live tracks of RR songs. You know, making some singles or an Live EP with live recordings of Bang Bang, RevRad, YoungBlood, Still Breathing, Forever Now, etc (Tons of live performances of these songs and nothing released... sad)

• 2 weeks later...

We technically also had the House of Blues Boston radio broadcast which covered almost the whole show.

(I should know, I was there. :P)

On 4/14/2019 at 2:35 AM, Beerjeezus said:

I think it varied a lot during the tour - sometimes he sounded great and sometimes not perfect. I don't really mind though, I like the raw singing he does when he's objectively having a bad day :P

Reminds me when he sang SB on Ellen - he sounded shite but I had messaged all my friends to watch - oh well.....

Billie's voice shined during the 21stcb,  hes still giving his best, but vocally he has degraded due to the age. Its the reason why there arent any videos

32 minutes ago, Asik said:

Billie's voice shined during the 21stcb,  hes still giving his best, but vocally he has degraded due to the age. Its the reason why there arent any videos

The fact that AAF vocals are quite heavily edited should be taken into consideration when comparing 21CB with anything before and after.

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

The fact that AAF vocals are quite heavily edited should be taken into consideration when comparing 21CB with anything before and after.

True but I have to agree with @Asik that even in fan made videos from the 21CB tour he sounded amazing, rarely a bad note much less a consistently bad song. Can’t be helped though, so many things catch up to you eventually and affect your voice— age, smoking, hearing etc.

19 hours ago, The Insider said:

Reminds me when he sang SB on Ellen - he sounded shite but I had messaged all my friends to watch - oh well.....

Oh come on now. Yes, that performance wasn't his best, but it definitely wasn't bad. :P He still sounded fine, just not absolutely perfect.

38 minutes ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Oh come on now. Yes, that performance wasn't his best, but it definitely wasn't bad. :P He still sounded fine, just not absolutely perfect.

hmm I don't agree😏🤩

On 4/27/2019 at 11:37 AM, Beerjeezus said:

I saw them live in 2009 (21CB Tour) and Billie's voice was perfect... I don't think he needed edition on than moment... Maybe he need it in 2016, so he decided to not give us live tracks.

3 minutes ago, 17Gonzalo said:

I saw them live in 2009 (21CB Tour) and Billie's voice was perfect... I don't think he needed edition on than moment... Maybe he need it in 2016, so he decided to not give us live tracks.

I don't think they thought that much into it.  What I would say is even though their setlists were kinda generic during RevRad their enthusiasm & energy each night would have lent itself well to a DVD of some kind 🤑 JOY JOY JOY

On 4/28/2019 at 8:48 PM, The Insider said:

I don't think they thought that much into it.  What I would say is even though their setlists were kinda generic during RevRad their enthusiasm & energy each night would have lent itself well to a DVD of some kind 🤑 JOY JOY JOY

Sure, some of the US stadium tour setlists were generic, but don’t discount the club shows and foreign shows where they played Stuart and the Ave, Private Ale, 86, Amy, Too Dumb to Die, Armatage Shanks, JAR, 409 In Your Coffeemaker, Brat, Nice Guys Finish Last, Razorbacks, I Was There, Why Do You Want Him, One of My Lies, Troubled Times, Going to Pasalacqua, Somewhere Now, and FOD. There were plenty of deep cuts and high-energy club shows that they recorded and could have made a DVD out of. 

1 minute ago, Todd said:

Sure, some of the US stadium tour setlists were generic, but don’t discount the club shows and foreign shows where they played Stuart and the Ave, Private Ale, 86, Amy, Too Dumb to Die, Armatage Shanks, JAR, 409 In Your Coffeemaker, Brat, Nice Guys Finish Last, Razorbacks, I Was There, Why Do You Want Him, One of My Lies, Troubled Times, Going to Pasalacqua, Somewhere Now, and FOD. There were plenty of deep cuts and high-energy club shows that they recorded and could have made a DVD out of. 

But,but,but not many people get to see club shows but I did get to see To Dumb to Die which was a highlight in Sydney.

A cut version of Scattered was a part of the setlists for a long while as well, which was a highlight of the concerts I went to!

Why they took it off i’ll never understand.. :confused:

I think they don't wanna spend that much money on assembling a team to make this kind of stuff. Seeing how awful is AAF, maybe they will restrain themselves of doing so again. Same applies for making live videos and posting them to youtube. Is a large process and in the long way, making it short will make the final product suffer.

Is noteworthy, that the house of blues 2016 show is pretty much a whole live album with decent quality, natural sounding and a good setlist. Also, it was free. It won't get better than that. 

Archived