Sign in to follow this  
17Gonzalo

Why no live tracks of Revolution Radio Tour???

17Gonzalo

In every Green Day Reprise album era we had live tracks (bonus tracks, singles, EPs or live albums) of each tour, except Revolution Radio one. What do you think is due?

Hermione

Yeah it's really a shame. The only effort made was the few Instagram live videos they did backstage, it's strange that they didn't put out live videos to promote the tour when it would've been so easy to in this day and age as well as live tracks etc. I think it's probably too late now, have to hope they do more next time.

• Like 2

Beerjeezus

I think they didn't do it because this tour was a lot like 21CB so AAF has it covered. I'd love a pro shot live video but it would be weird to put out another live album with almost the same content.

Hermione

Yeah I wouldn't have expected a whole live album. But just some random videos and tracks would've been good. Like, even though they were doing a live album with the 21st CB tour they still also put out live videos and stuff during the tour, on their official site and fan site. It's weird that there was virtually nothing, not even photos.

• Like 1

17Gonzalo

I think the reason may be that BJ's voice was not very fine during that tour. 

Pearl Jam give us a live album from each concert.... Green Day have tones of great sounding live performances (maybe is the best band in this) and they olnly give a few tracks (some of them with the same repeated songs). I understand that is difficult and a lot of job to compose and record a new album, but is not the same with live ones...

DadBod

I actually thought he sounded better live, or at least he did at my show (US summer 17). 

17Gonzalo
1 minute ago, DadBod said:

I actually thought he sounded better live, or at least he did at my show (US summer 17). 

I saw them twice (1998 and 2009) and heared many bootlegs, tv concerts, etc... always perfect sound except Billie's voice in RR tour... I think that is the best band in live performances. They must record and sell more live tracks for their fans (us)

localinsomniac

Granted, the setlists don't change much from one date to the next but....I wish Green Day was one of those bands that has soundboard recordings available for fans to buy as they're leaving the venue.

• Like 2

Beerjeezus
38 minutes ago, 17Gonzalo said:

I think the reason may be that BJ's voice was not very fine during that tour. 

I think it varied a lot during the tour - sometimes he sounded great and sometimes not perfect. I don't really mind though, I like the raw singing he does when he's objectively having a bad day :P

• Like 2

pacejunkie punk

It did vary but Hyde Park sounded great based on what I heard when they played it over the radio. They should have releaed that.

• Like 4

Insomniac1984

The only live track we had on this era was a bonus track from AAF. I don't know why Reprise/The band didn't release at least some live tracks of RR songs. You know, making some singles or an Live EP with live recordings of Bang Bang, RevRad, YoungBlood, Still Breathing, Forever Now, etc (Tons of live performances of these songs and nothing released... sad)