Have you ever abandoned any responsibilities because of green day?

Savannah89

Have you ever avoided any responosibilities because you rather drove to a gd concert or listened to the boys...?

I skipped school for green day concerts when I was in high school in 2009 and 2010 and pretended to be ill.

Luckily no one found out that I was traveling through europe the same time they learned algebra or other math stuff . :yay:

I still laugh when I think about it.

Often I avoid other things to do when I listen to gd on my phone. The guys have a bad influence on me :lol:

I took a morning off school to get tickets for the first Green Day gig I ever went to, then took the whole day off to queue and then attend said concert. My mum knew how much it meant and had no issue lying to the school for me, lol!

When the RevRad tickets went on sale I didn't skip work but I was on the Ticketmaster website instead of working :lol: I took a week off to go to Leeds, then London. Then I asked for two days off to fly to Glasgow, but only got the one day so I booked a flight early enough to get me back to work the next morning. Then they cancelled the gig :tired: 

I skip my job during a week to drive Quebec-NYC and go see Green Day in a festival. It was only a student job so I didn't care a lot.

54 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

Then they cancelled the gig

Oh no. I'm sorry for you. That sucks :cry:

In my early school years I wrote a lot of fanfictions about the band and I had a huge crowd of followers. Sometimes I wrote through the night and overslept the next day and called in sick at school.

Sometimes I wonder how I managed to get my high school diploma and managed to study later. 

:fool:

I avoided doing my job so I could buy tickets to my first Green Day concert while at said job.

And I skipped class to head to the mall and get a copy of 21CB. Good times!

I pretty much quit my job to see The Longshot and do this project. I also missed a lot of my third year at uni following the RevRad Tour, but I studied photography and got away with it by photographing it, so that doesn't really count.

My all-time favourite tho is getting repossessed because my mum and I chose to follow the 21st Century Breakdown Tour. It was totally worth it and you can even read about it :D  

https://www.mariagloriaharvey.com/post/21st-century-breakdown

I can't get anywhere close to that @solongfromthestars! That's amazing!

However, whenever they boys go on y tour I don't even check with hubby and kids before booking tickets and going to see them, I assume hubby will have the kids. Same, although I did at least ask, when I booked to go to Oakland for 11 days! 

I can't piss about with my job, I would have to give 6 week's notice and then, finding a new one I wanted on my return would be a ballache. I like my job, and it wouldn't be kept open, it doesn't work like that. So, I am hugely restricted to school holidays etc for anything I want to do for Green Day, or weekends... Happily legged it out of school on a train to London, saw GD and back to work next morning in Sheffield! I will always push the boundaries as far as I can 😍

Have skipped school and quit multiple jobs just to see Green Day. 10/10 would recommend.

I took 3 weeks off work to go see them at Emirates.  It was basically my excuse to go to UK.

i have also skipped school to go to concerts, gone to class late to buy tickets.

now I can kinda do my job anywhere so it is more about shifting times to work around Green Day

Can't say that I have, but I've always been a rule follower. I've never been ballsy enough to take risks like the rest of you have. I did spend close to $300 to see GD during the Trilogy tour, but the concert was canceled due to Billie's rehab so the person I bought the ticket from refunded me.

Did you tell anybody where you've been going to when you skipped school or responsibilities?

I never did. I was scared somebody would find out and I have to the consequences.

The craziest experince I had was the following: I once said I was sleeping at a friends house and she said the same. We both hitchhiked to france together to see gd.

Our parents thought we just visited each other. :yay:

Luckily we didn't went to the same school, so nobody ever found out.

Skipped school on consecutive days to go to a signing, then a free show in Boston. Since then I've avoided work responsibilities probably half a dozen times for GD/Longshot tickets. #noregerts

If you consider the week in bed from the disgusting virus you caught after the tour ends then yes - twice for me.

When I went to the Barclays Center on March 15th, 2017. (During my final year of High School)

I sent an E-Mail to all my teachers saying I was going to take the 16th off because of the concert. Since I was doing very well in their classes, and they knew I was a GD fanatic, They all basically told me “We totally gotcha. Go have fun.” And boy did I ever.

Ahh, memories! :happy:

• 3 weeks later...

Not really but very nearly and in a major way!  I was sitting at my desk, literally at the very last stages of ordering my tickets to see them in Glasgow in October 2009 when the fire alarm in the building went off.  I was the office manager so totally had to leave and carry out all my duties but for just a second or two I nearly didn't but the fallout would have been massive - lost job, pension etc not to mention my staff would probably not have left either :D  Needless to say, by the time we got back into the building about 20 minutes later, all tickets had gone and I then went through a complete nightmare of ordering tickets online, getting ripped off, having to re-order from a guy locally who promised faithfully he had three, got them by courier the next day but he only had two, had to meet some random stranger outside the Armadillo in Glasgow to get the third ticket 30 minutes before the concert started and had to pursue through my credit card to get the money back from the three where I got ripped off as at one point I had about £200 per ticket!  OMG, nightmare.  In retrospect, I maybe should have stayed at my desk in the first place - fire be damned 🤣

I faked getting sick in the bathroom (2 different jobs) when Demolicious and RevRad leaked. 

Archived