Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

7 minutes ago, Brutalitops said:

If they really are becoming associated with Crush Music, then I don't think a drop in popularity is on the cards. 

My other favourite band (Weezer) joined Crush about 3 years ago and is responsible for their resurgence in recent years. That said, I'm well familiar with the double edged sword that is Crush and especially Butch Walker (produced Weezer's Pacific Daydream, a notoriously badly produced album among the Weez community) so I have to be a little cautious

I enjoyed Pacific Daydream. I feel like the songwriting made it fall short rather than the production. Not as good as the White Album though.

Weezer definitely gained somewhat of a second wind in recent years, although I can't say every decision they've made has been the best. Hopefully Green Day can connect swith fans again and remind the general population that they exist.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DadBod said:

I'm going to be selfish and continue to what stadium shows. As much as I want to experience a club/theater show, I don't see them doing one in the Kansas City/Omaha, NE area (where I'm somewhat located).

Hey, nothing wrong with that! Honestly, as long as they're still making music and touring consistently, and they're still having fun do it, we should all be grateful.

8 minutes ago, Brutalitops said:

If they really are becoming associated with Crush Music, then I don't think a drop in popularity is on the cards. 

My other favourite band (Weezer) joined Crush about 3 years ago and is responsible for their resurgence in recent years. That said, I'm well familiar with the double edged sword that is Crush and especially Butch Walker (produced Weezer's Pacific Daydream, a notoriously badly produced album among the Weez community) so I have to be a little cautious

what was it about the production that the Weezer Community didn't like on Pacific Daydream? The songs really just didn't do it for me, same with the Black Album. White Album, on the other hand my favorite since Pinkerton.

1 minute ago, localinsomniac said:

Hey, nothing wrong with that! Honestly, as long as they're still making music and touring consistently, and they're still having fun do it, we should all be grateful.

Exactly my friend.

Pacific Daydream is one of the reasons I'm excited Butch is producing, I think it's a really great record even if it doesn't fit into what most Weezer fans want from the band.

6 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

Pacific Daydream is one of the reasons I'm excited Butch is producing, I think it's a really great record even if it doesn't fit into what most Weezer fans want from the band.

Some songs fall flat but I liked the production just fine. It had a good amount of punch to it, which recent GD records have really lacked.

8 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

I like PD too. It’s WAY better than TBA.

So The longshot just announced on Instagram this:

So the thing that was a secret is just this? Just another date? @Matt

That announcement comes off more as a spur-of-the-moment thing. Like the LA show sold out, so they added a second date.

37 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

what was it about the production that the Weezer Community didn't like on Pacific Daydream? The songs really just didn't do it for me, same with the Black Album. White Album, on the other hand my favorite since Pinkerton.

White Album is fantastic. I believe it's one of the best albums since 2000, period 

Pacific Daydream was chock full of bits and pieces that truly drowned everything out. The whole album is full of clipping sound artifacts and questionable noises which don't really complement the songwriting, which was also below par anyway.

Butch Walker also did Raditude which.... Yeahhh

21 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

I like PD too. It’s WAY better than TBA.

I hope by TBA you mean Black and not Blue haha.

But yeah Black sucked, was a pure Crush album that one, barely even Weezer. Which is why I'm hesitant for Crush to get their hands on Green Day 

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

He specifically said it wasn’t a Longshot thing.

He said it wasn't Green Day

5 Longshot shows announced for this week!

But there's another news coming!

And it's one extra Longshot show! Something nobody could have suggested :ga:

Nah, I bet it's something they just decided like that, so LA fans will have two heart attacks instead of one by trying to get a ticket

Does anyone know which (if any) of the albums that Butch has produced are really well received by either critics and/or fans? Annoyingly, it appears to me that the times when he has produced albums for vaguely rock-sounding bands, they almost always tend to be less well or barely well received (in the case of Weezer, All Time Low, Fall Out Boy, Train, Panic At The Disco, Avril Lavigne for example). As far as I can see, when it comes to those artists, he never seems to have produced a single critically acclaimed or really well received album. 

24 minutes ago, Asik said:

How?

Summer is all about Green Day, he said. We are still in Spring. He couldn't be more clear that this weeks announcement is not GD's

1 hour ago, Alf said:

He said it wasn't Green Day

Nope. This is what he said:

““Something will happen” this week besides the Longshot shows. “I know it.”

Does that fulfill your requirements? As said before, I’ll gladly stop if these hints aren’t wanted. I’m vague so I can protect my sources and not ruin a good thing. I don’t have to share any info at all, I do it because I like this place and, as a longtime Green Day fan, I know how we all like any info we can get our hands on.“

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Does that fulfill your requirements? As said before, I’ll gladly stop if these hints aren’t wanted. I’m vague so I can protect my sources and not ruin a good thing. I don’t have to share any info at all, I do it because I like this place and, as a longtime Green Day fan, I know how we all like any info we can get our hands on.“

Nailed it, thank you! I am pretty fuckin confident that this Longshot show isn't the announcement Matt was referring to.

Well it's pretty cool that in the next 3 days we will get something!

11 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It doesn't mean it'll be GD, since it's not summer yet. A Longshot single I think it's way more plausible

1 minute ago, Alf said:

It doesn't mean it'll be GD, since it's not summer yet. A Longshot single I think it's way more plausible

Did you read the second half of his quote where he refers to appreciating Green Day news? 

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

Did you read the second half of his quote where he refers to appreciating Green Day news? 

Yes, and I am sure it's not a hint of anything

The one thing I'm sure of right now is that by the end of the week, somebody here is going to look straight up foolish.

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived