Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

12 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Curious to see if they continue the trend and do a deluxe edition of this album.

I don’t think RevRad had a deluxe edition

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Oh right! I was thinking about extra bonus tracks but RevRad doesn’t have any

japense version has a live version of Letterbomb as bonus track

I think it was just a bunch of photos in the CD book, like they did with the trilogy. Not positive on that, as I don't own it. No bonus tracks or anything.

7 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

What extra stuff did revrad deluxe have? I didn't know it was a thing.

the book version has just a exclusive booklet with photos and stuff, no bonus tracks

1 hour ago, Alf said:

the book version has just a exclusive booklet with photos and stuff, no bonus tracks

When I bought the deluxe edition I get 3 lanterns (candle style). That was enough to make me happy. I still didn't light them to this day.

6 hours ago, Nightlife said:

- Once the tour starts we'll find out their show is finally updated and a lot less predictable (ok this one probably won't happen but I want to believe

I actually think there really is a good chance they’ll change the show up this time. The RevRad tour was the first post-rehab tour and I think Billie needed familiarity because he was worried about performing completely sober for the first time.

9 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

I actually think there really is a good chance they’ll change the show up this time. The RevRad tour was the first post-rehab tour and I think Billie needed familiarity because he was worried about performing completely sober for the first time.

They've really never changed up their shows much. On every tour since Dookie (even before that to an extent) they've stuck to playing the same songs from each album and roughly the same setlist at each show of a tour, and just added a few new songs from the new album each time they release one along with a minimal amount of switching out other songs. Apart from with the very successful American Idiot (which they added more songs from than usual) it's standard for them to only alter setlists/shows gradually.

Just now, neverdone2000 said:

The trilogy's delayed tour was actually the first post-rehab tour. I find a lot of people here are really dramatic about the rehab thing and I find it funny that people think that something like recovering from that would make them change or not change something about the show. I was in their shoes for a couple years before transitioning to my new career. I've been on stage loads of times including one time being after a major health issue. 

My onstage focus was just about coming out playing the best show as possible and just enjoying getting my health back. For me it was just about celebrating that hour of time with some music. 

I can see how it would change backstage activities or even activities on the tour bus. I give credit for Mike and his attitude at this time. He was willing to sacrifice his enjoyment that goes on after the show or behind the stage to make sure Billie could stay on track for the tour and in his recovery. 

9 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

The trilogy's delayed tour was actually the first post-rehab tour. I find a lot of people here are really dramatic about the rehab thing and I find it funny that people think that something like recovering from that would make them change or not change something about the show. I was in their shoes for a couple years before transitioning to my new career. I've been on stage loads of times including one time being after a major health issue. 

My onstage focus was just about coming out playing the best show as possible and just enjoying getting my health back. For me it was just about celebrating that hour of time with some music. 

I can see how it would change backstage activities or even activities on the tour bus. I give credit for Mike and his attitude at this time. He was willing to sacrifice his enjoyment that goes on after the show or behind the stage to make sure Billie could stay on track for the tour and in his recovery. 

Billie did touch on worrying about how sobriety might affect him on stage. He said how he'd basically been self medicating for problems with anxiety/social anxiety so facing certain situations without that could be more daunting. He talked about it (sometimes bringing it up himself) in several Rev Rad interviews and I think it's true that he seemed a little more cautious at the first Rev Rad shows after the break (but his confidence soon grew).

Like I said they've always done the not changing setlists much thing though so I'm not sure if that relates to it.

I don't expect much of a change either. It would be nice, but if they want to make their casual fans happy they'll have to play American Idiot and Dookie, then with the new album (4-5 songs even if they're crappy) there's only space for a couple deep cuts.

22 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

After rehab, they pretty much held back on playing Trilogy songs live, kept those songs at a minimum if anything. But I think he started to slowly bring them back. I’m hoping to one day finally hear them play Dirty Rotten Bastards live!!! Billie even said himself he wrote that with stadium/arena shows in mind!!!

37 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Billie did touch on worrying about how sobriety might affect him on stage. He said how he'd basically been self medicating for problems with anxiety/social anxiety so facing certain situations without that could be more daunting. He talked about it (sometimes bringing it up himself) in several Rev Rad interviews and I think it's true that he seemed a little more cautious at the first Rev Rad shows after the break (but his confidence soon grew).

Like I said they've always done the not changing setlists much thing though so I'm not sure if that relates to it.

What I was just going to say. I didn’t pull the idea of Billie being unsure about performances post-rehab out of the air. He actually talked about it in an interview. It’s natural for a person to not want to attempt new things when already feeling nervous about how something is going to go. I would just think at this point the band has to have some awareness of how stale the whole KFAD sequence, etc has gotten and are at a point in their lives that they’re ready to move on to a different kind of show. If not, then they deserve any criticism they get about it and I doubt the concert critics will be kind this time around. 

7 minutes ago, bmt93 said:

I just want Tre to wear a tutu next tour 😍

I don’t know, I think I’m done with those legs.

26 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

What I was just going to say. I didn’t pull the idea of Billie being unsure about performances post-rehab out of the air. He actually talked about it in an interview. It’s natural for a person to not want to attempt new things when already feeling nervous about how something is going to go. I would just think at this point the band has to have some awareness of how stale the whole KFAD sequence, etc has gotten and are at a point in their lives that they’re ready to move on to a different kind of show. If not, then they deserve any criticism they get about it and I doubt the concert critics will be kind this time around. 

I don't think there's anything wrong with doing their shows in a structured way sticking to a setlist etc and keeping in popular/traditional songs. Don't know why they'd suddenly deserve criticism for it now when that's always been their style either. There's more than one way to do shows than just changing the setlist a lot, might not be their preferred way and if they did that it might have negative effects on other aspects of the show.

Just now, Hermione said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with doing their shows in a structured way sticking to a setlist etc and keeping in popular/traditional songs. Don't know why they'd suddenly deserve criticism for it now when that's always been their style either. There's more than one way to do shows than just changing the setlist a lot, might not be their preferred way and if they did that it might have negative effects on other aspects of the show.

What’s wrong with it is that it’s lost it’s spontaneity and fun. It seems canned now and longtime fans kind of tune out at these sections of the show.

Just now, neverdone2000 said:

longtime fans kind of tune out at these sections of the show.

I love how you feel so confident speaking for all of us 🙄

You have to remember that a large number of people at each show are seeing them for the very first time. There would be a fuck ton of disappointment if the big hits weren't heard. and it just so happens that this band has a lot of big hits. 

26 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

I'm not saying you just pulled that out of anywhere but I think it's being blown to be bigger than what it really was. It's really just a feeling of being unsure, nervous and anxious. 

Anyone that's ever played any show knows that feeling just before getting on stage. I'm sure drugs and booze for him numbed that in the past and it may have felt like a new feeling since it had been so long. Getting on stage is like getting into the lake at the beginning of summer. It's cold and shocking at first but the water starts to feel warm the deeper you go in. 

As a second thought though viewing it from another perspective I could see it affecting the setlist in the view point that being sober may allow him to play specific songs that have certain changes and other structures he may not have been able to remember. For example if he's hammered on stage I don't think they'd go and attempt playing Homecoming for the first time in years. 

The thing is we don't really know but we do know that regardless, Green Day has a standard that they never fail to meet both in good and bad times. We all love them for that. 

13 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

What’s wrong with it is that it’s lost it’s spontaneity and fun. It seems canned now and longtime fans kind of tune out at these sections of the show.

I don't agree that it suddenly seems stale now, surely it would've already felt stale for the setlist to be the same show to show and not change that much tour to tour 5, 10, 20 years in. When I saw them on the last tour the show was more energized than ever simply due to the band's attitude, and the "stale" setlist allowed me to see 9 songs I'd never seen before (and this was my 6th time seeing them).

I think the thing is a large number of people at every show are seeing them for the first time and very few have seen them a huge number of times or will see multiple shows per tour. People want to see the show they're famous for and all the famously great live songs and the band enjoy delivering it. Their shows, done this way, are successful, popular and critically acclaimed. I think the number of people who've seen them a large number of times or at multiple shows per tour, enough to tune out during songs/routines they're familiar with, are really a small minority of the audience. They're just more vocal since they're in the fandom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I love how you feel so confident speaking for all of us 🙄

You have to remember that a large number of people at each show are seeing them for the very first time. There would be a fuck ton of disappointment if the big hits weren't heard. and it just so happens that this band has a lot of big hits. 

Ok so I’ll clarify. A lot of longtime fans who have seen multiple shows are tired of the KFAD/Jump montage and the back and forth during Hitchin a Ride. Also Billie needs to do about 1/3 of the hey-ohs he did during RevRad. As far as live song choices I have less of an opinion because that doesn’t bother me as much. That’s just my opinion and others wish they would bring a fresher set list. Others are fine with sticking with the old formula on all of the above. Fans at their first show are probably fine with all of it. Hope that makes it clearer.

4 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I don't agree that it suddenly seems stale now, surely it would've already felt stale for the setlist to be the same show to show and not change that much tour to tour 5, 10, 20 years in. When I saw them on the last tour the show was more energized than ever simply due to the band's attitude, and the "stale" setlist allowed me to see 9 songs I'd never seen before (and this was my 6th time seeing them).

I think the thing is a large number of people at every show are seeing them for the first time and very few have seen them a huge number of times or will see multiple shows per tour. People want to see the show they're famous for and all the famously great live songs and the band enjoy delivering it. Their shows, done this way, are successful, popular and critically acclaimed. I think the number of people who've seen them a large number of times or at multiple shows per tour, enough to tune out during songs/routines they're familiar with, are really a small minority of the audience. They're just more vocal since they're in the fandom.

This is true and the fact may be that if you are a super fan and still enjoy seeing them multiple times per tour then great. If you (meaning anyone) are finding the shows stale and repetitive, maybe you’ve gone too many times now and no longer desire to see as many shows per tour. It won’t affect their attendance much if we’re talking a handful of people that do that. I went twice last tour and spaced out over six months it was great. This time I’d like to do one or two more.  Not sure I’d want to see a run of shows for weeks straight I can see how that would get boring. And if it’s boring for you don’t do it. 

4 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Ok so I’ll clarify. A lot of longtime fans who have seen multiple shows are tired of the KFAD/Jump montage and the back and forth during Hitchin a Ride. Also Billie needs to do about 1/3 of the hey-ohs he did during RevRad. As far as live song choices I have less of an opinion because that doesn’t bother me as much. That’s just my opinion and others wish they would bring a fresher set list. Others are fine with sticking with the old formula on all of the above. Fans at their first show are probably fine with all of it. Hope that makes it clearer.

Yeah...I personally love the KFAD montage and can always used more "hey-ohs." High energy shows that go on for over 2.5+ hours also need a little bit of time built in for the band to breathe a bit. All of those moments are designed to not only engage the fans, but also provide a bit of a much needed "rest" for the band. 

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived