Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I doubt working at home and sharing ideas would be strictly limited to workdays, but yeah it's possible too.

meant from a rehearsal room as they work through stuff - keeping a record of say different intros etc

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope @Clockwise is right.  At first I thought it was perhaps just Billie writing and working but saving stuff so Mike, Tre etc could see/hear it as I wasn’t convinced they were in the studio, Tre has the baby and all the stuff they have going on; but I think that he wouldn’t just be posting during the working week, from all anyone, including him, has said about how he works.  Am beginning to believe however, what with getting hair done, that they are well along with the process and this could be super cool to see at the end!

19 minutes ago, jengd said:

what with getting hair done, 

In the majority of cases this would be laughable but he transforms into such  a hobo off season it's probably a good gauge of an imminent announcement.😋

1 hour ago, The Insider said:

In the majority of cases this would be laughable but he transforms into such  a hobo off season it's probably a good gauge of an imminent announcement.😋

So true but he’s not been so bad of late though 

1 minute ago, jengd said:

So true but he’s not been so bad of late though 

challenge accepted🙂

8 minutes ago, The Insider said:

challenge accepted🙂

No please, don't throw down the gauntlet, heaven knows what he could come up with!

I know GD and their wives are following the account but I'm intrigued to know who else is following it- it's annoying that we can't see 

56 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

I know GD and their wives are following the account but I'm intrigued to know who else is following it- it's annoying that we can't see 

Of the public accounts, I know Joey is and also Lee Bothwick. Those are all the ones I know. 

Just discovered another follower of this account and this one is very interesting. Butch Walker is pictured with Billie and Adie at Mike’s birthday party from yesterday he is a singer/songwriter and producer. He is also connected to bands including Weezer, Fall Out Boy and Panic! among others. His creds look right and he is following songsforassholes!  Could this be GD’s producer for this album? 

https://instagram.com/butchwalker?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=1fcqc8u5rpzvz

Wikipedia page: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butch_Walker

6 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Just discovered another follower of this account and this one is very interesting. Butch Walker is pictured with Billie and Adie at Mike’s birthday party from yesterday he is a singer/songwriter and producer. He is also connected to bands including Weezer, Fall Out Boy and Panic! among others. His creds look right and he is following songsforassholes!  Could this be GD’s producer for this album? 

https://instagram.com/butchwalker?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=1fcqc8u5rpzvz

Wikipedia page: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butch_Walker

OMG, excitement building!

9 minutes ago, jengd said:

OMG, excitement building!

Thanks for pointing out the comments in Adie’s post naming him. I never would have spotted that ❤️

Looking at his producing portfolio, it's quite impressive. I'm not a fan of the stuff some of the bands he produced do (too poppy :P), but I have some faith left in Green Day so I assume they could pull it off withought making Nightlife vol. 2.  Hopefully.

15 minutes ago, Goofygoldfish said:

@pacejunkie punk that first video is liked by Sara and Tré 😊

Yup and the band members and the wives have liked many of his posts recently and follow him. He follows all of them too. At this point it would take a lot to convince me that he’s not their producer. Seems like a very good fit and a nice mix of both underground and mainstream in his resume. It seems they’re hoping to make an impression with this album and get noticed again. 

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Could this be? 🤔

Man guys all this speculation is fun 😂 

I’m gonna add to it in Butch’s video their is a keyboard synth thing when I saw it I thought I recognised it.  And sure enough it seems like it also appeared in a IG Live Billie did last November.  

https://youtu.be/IhuuwdxjzSE

Have a look and see what you think, I believe it is.  Which further supports the speculation.

But no closer to knowing officially when we are gonna know!! 

8 minutes ago, scottnz6789 said:

Man guys all this speculation is fun 😂 

I’m gonna add to it in Butch’s video their is a keyboard synth thing when I saw it I thought I recognised it.  And sure enough it seems like it also appeared in a IG Live Billie did last November.  

https://youtu.be/IhuuwdxjzSE

Have a look and see what you think, I believe it is.  Which further supports the speculation.

But no closer to knowing officially when we are gonna know!! 

They sure were having fun messing around with all those keyboards. Could be!

ok I am starting to believe this theory!!! 

So does his video imply they just started recording? Our insiders seemed to say they already finished recording.

Also...can't say I'm a fan of this producer's work. Too poppy and glossy.

25 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

So does his video imply they just started recording? Our insiders seemed to say they already finished recording.

Also...can't say I'm a fan of this producer's work. Too poppy and glossy.

The posts were from February and March which is when they were recording by my calculations (ie, when they were in SoCal and when they were posting to the songsforassholes account). They appear to be done now. 

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The posts were from February and March which is when they were recording by my calculations (ie, when they were in SoCal and when they were posting to the songsforassholes account). They appear to be done now. 

Oh right I didn't check that.

Am inclined to agree with @DookieLukie but he seems pretty excited, and if he’s at Mike’s party too that seems to me like they all really gelled together so I think/hope that could we’ll be more important that what he’s done before.  I think a change of producer could be really good for them.

• Hermione changed the title to Next Album Anticipation Thread
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived