Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

This album title speculation has me wondering.....other than Liquid Dookie, do we know of any other album titles that got changed or of potential album titles that never came to be?  Particularly albums that changed titles.  

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, That Dude said:

This album title speculation has me wondering.....other than Liquid Dookie, do we know of any other album titles that got changed or of potential album titles that never came to be?  Particularly albums that changed titles.  

Insomniac was almost Jesus Christ Supermarket

4 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I read that they were going to call the Trilogy albums Green Day I, II, and III after the Van Halen Trilogy. And then I think it was Adrienne that told Billie that it would be funny if they called them UNO, DOS, and TRÉ and the rest is history

4 minutes ago, Matt. said:

I don’t mind that artwork 🤔

Yeah I have a feeling this is going to be a fun, kickass album!!!

8 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Is it real?

11 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Alright, I thought I was the only one that didnt think it was bad.

The more I look at it, the more I want to like it. It's just extremely difficult 😂

So, I think we were on page 30 when I asked what page we’ll be on when they make the announcement. Someone said they think page 50 and now we’re almost there!!!

I actually like the font on this supposed album art, but I don't like whatever the red blob is.

3 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I actually like the font on this supposed album art, but I don't like whatever the red blob is.

Upside down heart

There’s NO way in hell Green Day would blatently re-use a heart again on an album cover.

That THING is nothing the boys would create.

I mean it definitely looks fake. I do like the font though.

It is fake. Los dangles said "I don't have a gdc account" on reddit and said "I don't have a reddit account" here. He's playing dumb, likely one of us.

15 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

It is fake. Los dangles said "I don't have a gdc account" on reddit and said "I don't have a reddit account" here. He's playing dumb, likely one of us.

But then who is the Los Dangeles on Instagram who is followed by the Green Day wives?

I really think the 4chan and Reddit guys are copycats.

5 hours ago, legendary said:

In full resolution

Jesus christ

3 hours ago, Justin1 said:

Not necessarily.. Any time there has been new albums coming people have people would share their excitement, but never have I seen this kind of craziness. People so quick to share fake leaks, fake album covers, fake track listings before so much as much as announcement, just to get attention or a reaction. This is the most juvenile thread and behaviour I have ever seen leading up to a new album.. just my opinion though.. 

You must've been away when "Hillside Dance" and "Coffee and Regret" were things. If there's an announcement from the band it'll get its own thread. For now this thread is just for general anticipation of the new album and people are just having fun with the "leaks" and rumours that have come out.

I could almost believe the album cover but for the red blob.  It’s too like the red hand grenade heart and we know Billie wasn’t that happy with that, likened it to a strawberry so a I don’t expect any more red lumpy things on the front of a GD album. 😂  I like the font but would they start reversing an “E” at this point? Like the title fallen to the bottom though unconvinced about the title itself.

This thread is hilarious, got up to like 5 new pages of it this am - silly me, thought something had happened 😂😂

27 minutes ago, jengd said:

This thread is hilarious, got up to like 5 new pages of it this am - silly me, thought something had happened 😂😂

Same here. I saw the new pages when loading the forum and for a few seconds I was excited, but then I realised that the mods hadn't put a red banner at the top of the page with an announcement :cry::lol:. I assume the mods will use a red banner to announce the album.

1 hour ago, jengd said:

I could almost believe the album cover but for the red blob.  It’s too like the red hand grenade heart and we know Billie wasn’t that happy with that, likened it to a strawberry so a I don’t expect any more red lumpy things on the front of a GD album. 😂  I like the font but would they start reversing an “E” at this point? Like the title fallen to the bottom though unconvinced about the title itself.

I can't believe that billie didnt like the heart grenade.. is there a source where he said that?

10 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

I can't believe that billie didnt like the heart grenade.. is there a source where he said that?

Will need to think about it for a source but I thought he’d said it a couple of times in the intervening years, not at the time.

7 hours ago, Justin1 said:

Wow, I think this thread has to be the most irritating and mis-leading thread in the history of GDC. There is absolutely nothing of substance in here what so ever..

Mods should change the title to “Complete Bullshit and Rumour Spreading about New Music” to save people from wasting there time sifting through 45 pages of garbage.

So far this thread has indicated that

- Butch Walker is most likely the producer (not been officially confirmed but it's safe to say at this point)

- That Songs For Assholes is the possible album name

I wouldn't say there's nothing of substance here. But we're just having fun. Some people are being a little bit too gullible but it's fine. This is purely just a speculation thread until an announcement is made

Unpopular opinion, but “Songs For Assholes” is too simple of an album title for Green Day. Even one word titles such as Dookie or Insomniac are somewhat meaningful, because they either fit with the album’s songs, or partially shows how the band was in a certain stage of their career. (Ex. Dookie: Bratty, carefree, etc.) What’s this rumored title suppised to mean? “Oh, Y’know. Here are just some songs for some assholes.”

This forum is starting to sound just like it did when the RevRad album art leaked, almost verbatim. Just chill everyone.  if it’s real, cool. If it’s not real, than something else is coming. Personally, I have a feeling this is it. Everyone’s entitled to their own thoughts and opinions on the matter. 

9 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Unpopular opinion, but “Songs For Assholes” is too simple of an album title for Green Day. Even one word titles such as Dookie or Insomniac are somewhat meaningful, because they either fit with the album’s songs, or partially shows how the band was in a certain stage of their career. (Ex. Dookie: Bratty, carefree, etc.) What’s this rumored title suppised to mean? “Oh, Y’know. Here are just some songs for some assholes.”

Because “Kerplunk” is such a deep title name. I for one think that’s exactly what they’re going for. 

5 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

I mean it definitely looks fake. I do like the font though.

Didn’t most of everyone on this forum say that about RevRad, too? 

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived