Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

3 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

Wow, I think this thread has to be the most irritating and mis-leading thread in the history of GDC. There is absolutely nothing of substance in here what so ever..

Mods should change the title to “Complete Bullshit and Rumour Spreading about New Music” to save people from wasting there time sifting through 45 pages of garbage.

Someone’s got a case of the grumpies!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

Welcome to GDC :lol:

I’ve been here a lot longer than you junior.. what you mean to say is “Welcome to the new GDC”

5 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

My thoughts on the leaks so far:

Album title: I believe it. Maybe it served as a title during the process and they'll change it though but my guess it that it stays.

Why would Billie have an Instagram account with the exact title of the album? That would be reckless.

1 minute ago, Justin1 said:

I’ve been here a lot longer than you junior.. what you mean to say is “Welcome to the new GDC”

Old GDC was the good ol place with no speculation about shitty albums. Must have been good times.

1 minute ago, Justin1 said:

You should know this thread will be shit until an official announcement is made then, senior. 

Just now, neverdone2000 said:

Why would Billie have an Instagram account with the exact title of the album? That would be reckless.

Because he never meant for it to be a huge secret? He was using #RevRad a full six months before that album was announced. 

1 minute ago, neverdone2000 said:

As a teaser and later they can uncover it as a making of. It doesn't seem that unlikely to me.

10 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

Wow, I think this thread has to be the most irritating and mis-leading thread in the history of GDC. There is absolutely nothing of substance in here what so ever..

Mods should change the title to “Complete Bullshit and Rumour Spreading about New Music” to save people from wasting there time sifting through 45 pages of garbage.

Woah, pipe down dude. Where in the thread title does it say: Factually based album anticipation thread? Also, who here is spreading new rumours? Most of us are simply commenting on or interpreting existing leaks/rumours about the upcoming album. Are we getting ahead of ourselves sometimes? Yes. Are we jumping to conclusions unnecessarily more often than not? Yes, but it's our right to do so. 

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

As a teaser and later they can uncover it as a making of. It doesn't seem that unlikely to me.

I’m still hoping for that account to go public. I love the making of docs they’ve done. 

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

For some reason that just doesn’t make sense to me. It makes the whole thing anticlimactic after being so secretive.

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m still hoping for that account to go public. I love the making of docs they’ve done. 

Yeah, I suppose it's going to. They could've used a chat or an actually secret account if it wasn't meant to be noticed.

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

Yeah, I suppose it's going to. They could've used a chat or an actually secret account if it wasn't meant to be noticed.

More reason I don’t think that’s the actual title. Just too obvious.

1 minute ago, neverdone2000 said:

For some reason that just doesn’t make sense to me. It makes the whole thing anticlimactic after being so secretive.

That’s what he did with The Longshot account though. The fact that it was private built the hype.

1 minute ago, Nightlife said:

You should know this thread will be shit until an official announcement is made then, senior. 

Not necessarily.. Any time there has been new albums coming people have people would share their excitement, but never have I seen this kind of craziness. People so quick to share fake leaks, fake album covers, fake track listings before so much as much as announcement, just to get attention or a reaction. This is the most juvenile thread and behaviour I have ever seen leading up to a new album.. just my opinion though.. 

Just now, neverdone2000 said:

That's a good point. It's low key enough to not ruin the secret though. At least it's been that way so far.

That’s what he did with The Longshot account though. The fact that it was private built the hype.

I think that’s different because we had no idea of what was happening and we knew nothing about Longshot. With Green Day I would think they would want to announce the title of the new album without most of the fandom already knowing it.

They just threw #revrad out there for everyone to guess at. This is without the guessing but they're keeping it off their accounts so that kinda evens it out.

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

They just threw #revrad out there for everyone to guess at. This is without the guessing but they're keeping it off their accounts so that kinda evens it out.

I guess we’ll find out eventually. And if that is the name of the album I’ll be the one yelling LAME! What I could definitely see is the title being a similar twist on that phrase.

9 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

I guess we’ll find out eventually. And if that is the name of the album I’ll be the one yelling LAME! What I could definitely see is the title being a similar twist on that phrase.

Psalms for Households?

9 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

To me it’s like Awesome as Fuck or even Dookie or American Idiot in a way —  it’s direct and to the point and pretty audaciously funny. I’d like it. Why sugarcoat it? 

21 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Or they can release a DVD like ¡QUATRO! and call it Recording an Album for Assholes, which is a play on the “For Dummies” book series LMFAO!!!

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

To me it’s like Awesome as Fuck or even Dookie or American Idiot in a way —  it’s direct and to the point and pretty audaciously funny. I’d like it. Why sugarcoat it? 

But how would they do promotion for an album they can’t even say the full name of on regular TV or radio?

2 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

But how would they do promotion for an album they can’t even say the full name of on regular TV or radio?

Just say A-holes?

2 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

That’s what I said but someone told me they don’t really censor the word asshole on TV anymore

Just say A-holes?

Possible I guess. Still think it’s too obvious giving the exact title on an account they had to know fans would find.

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived