Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

5 minutes ago, Maddie86 said:

Did Billie have blonde hair at all within the last 6 months? 

Yeah, shortly, before Christmas.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Still, i’m sure the boys can say with certainty that it’s not their proudest moment.

The first Twilight soundtrack is one of the best movie soundtracks I’ve ever heard, so I don’t think there’s any shame at all in contributing a song to the franchise personally 

Just now, DeJennsitized said:

The first Twilight soundtrack is one of the best movie soundtracks I’ve ever heard, so I don’t think there’s any shame at all in contributing a song to the franchise personally 

The soundtrack is only half of a movie.

2 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

The other half is Kristen Stewart being hawt.

8 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

And it’s the half Green Day were involved in so what’s your point? 

5 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

And it’s the half Green Day were involved in so what’s your point? 

It’s not the part that Twilight is remembered by. 

12 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

The other half is Kristen Stewart being hawt.

Byotiful.

9 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Btw does anyone still care about Twilight? I don't see much of it anymore.

Yeah Ik right? Let’s get back to our album predictions

44 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Btw does anyone still care about Twilight? I don't see much of it anymore.

Edward was announced as the next Batman, so maybe they’ll be some discussion about it?

Let’s not though-

I started reading at 25 pages of this thread but it seems there isn't any vital info I missed? :P I just think we're gonna get the album in the following months and it's great. Something tells me Billie wants to perform at his best while he's still young enough and I wouldn't want him to put too much pressure on himself about it, but I sure would be glad to see them live in less than a year! I'm sure they'll be great.

7 hours ago, Justin1 said:

I honestly can’t see why they should have any fear, or feel the need to ‘calculate’ anything at this point in their careers. I just hope they are writing as true to their hearts as possible. 

They’ve done any and everything they could possibly do within the rock category, aside from a really chill acoustic based album (although Warning was pretty close).

In all likelihood, Billie is going to be a grandfather on their next tour, and it would be really nice to see them create an album that reflects their maturity. Songs like Revolution Radio are great, but I really hope we can get something a little less political this time around, and maybe a little more family oriented and relatable. Politics are okay, but it just seems like we get more than our fair share of that on social media nowadays.

Your phrase in bold made me smile. Although I don't see Billie as old, I do see him in his age and willing to have a grandchild and I would love to see that happen soon, but I wouldn't bet it will happen for the next tour. Billie being a dad at the very young age he did is an exception, especially nowadays.

Also, about the politics, I think Billie writing them is him being true to his heart as you say. I'm personally outraged at stuff happening in US 'politics' (if we can call it that) right now, coming from the Trump government. I wouldn't be surprised nor annoyed if Billie would write some engaged content in the next album. I don't look much at social media but from the little I see I think we get our fair share of a little bit everything. I still like to see Billie expressing himself on what matters to him through songs, instead of through internet which he seems to be doing less these days.

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Up there with Live Freaky, Die Freaky 😄

I saw it, and was amazed. Billie really lent his voice for Charles Manson? It's not his natural voice at all. If so, he really is talented at modulating his voice.

On a side note, after reading the discussion I was troubled at '4chan', after the New Zealand attack I looked up for what '8chan' was, and I mixed them up... Don't seem to have much to do with one another, but it gives me even less energy to give much seriousness to a 4chan rumor about the next album :P

4 hours ago, Doggins said:

4chan is just full of trolls

But what will you say if Green Day actually puts out a single in June?

Any info about the Instagram story of tre cool ?

he visited alt 1053 radio

2 hours ago, nohamxx said:

Oh yeah, I think I saw a video of him juggling. Also, he has blue hair....hmmmm

All 3 of GD have had their hair done in recent weeks. Photoshoot or video 🤔

3 hours ago, nohamxx said:

He went on last year too during the bottle rock festival he’s at. 

4 hours ago, nohamxx said:

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Oh yeah, I think I saw a video of him juggling. Also, he has blue hair....hmmmm

Did you see the other video where he dressed up in a full clown outfit and then threatened to kill the interviewer with a chainsaw ?.  (when Tre was asked by a fan at the last iheart release party,  what he would do if he wasn't in Green Day) . Mike said he would make a " Great killer clown" - so if the new album fails he has a good career to fall back on  haha 😉

DON'T BELIEVE ME ? ( Here's proof below ;) )

TRE-COOL.jpg

So let’s talk album titles. It still could be Songs for Assholes and now we have a possible subtitle in A Love Story About Hate in Butch’s post. Do we think these two combined could make up the title or will it be something else entirely?  I like the idea of a subtitle — “Songs for Assholes: A Love Story About Hate” sounds like the title of a novel.  There’s something about it that is reminiscent of “Green Day Presents American Idiot”

12 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So let’s talk album titles. It still could be Songs for Assholes and now we have a possible subtitle in A Love Story About Hate in Butch’s post. Do we think these two combined could make up the title or will it be something else entirely?  I like the idea of a subtitle — “Songs for Assholes: A Love Story About Hate” sounds like the title of a novel.  There’s something about it that is reminiscent of “Green Day Presents American Idiot”

To be marketable in stores, they would have to put Songs for A**holes on the cover, like they did with the live album, Awesome as Fuck (Awesome as F***). 

27 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

To be marketable in stores, they would have to put Songs for A**holes on the cover, like they did with the live album, Awesome as Fuck (Awesome as F***). 

Is "asshole" even a censored word anymore? They can say asshole and bitch on TV and radio now in the US.

If they call it “A Love Story About Hate” they’re clearing ripping off Idles’ “Joy As An Act of Resistance” and I will be ready to swing fists

1 minute ago, Joe. said:

If they call it “A Love Story About Hate” they’re clearing ripping off Idles’ “Joy As An Act of Resistance” and I will be ready to swing fists

Really? I’ve never heard of that but the two sound nothing alike to me.  Love and hate are opposing concepts, joy and resistance are not. The two phrases don’t even have the same grammatical structure.

35 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Is "asshole" even a censored word anymore? They can say asshole and bitch on TV and radio now in the US.

I’ve heard them censor hole but say ass when saying asshole. 

Bad Album: A Success Story Of A Failure

(I actually like the version with the subtitle better than just Songs For Assholes. It has a bit of American Idiot cheesiness in it, but can I complain about that?)

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived