Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

38 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Haha your posts are the best!

Ugh, but seriously. The record is going to be good. It’s like a cycle. Give the people what they want and what is safe for the masses and stadium tours (I.e. 21CB and RevRad) and do cool side projects to counterbalance for different creativity and smarter fans that want more and fun times (I.e. Foxboro Hot Tubs and the Longshot) and then Green Day think it’s a good idea to release something like the Trilogy that encompasses all of these things and then BOOM!!! Silly Green Day fans are pissed off and act ignorantly for years to come. Haha. Oops! Not all fans but some fans and mostly the ones who spew the most garbage comments.

And I almost forgot: Same with Warning between Nimrod and American Idiot. Warning was brilliant but not brilliantly well received. It was a think piece and new and a bit experimental and gearing up for something new. And people in general want their shit polished and delivered with no hassle or need to think too much. It pissed some people off.

I can’t wait for the new album! I bet it’s bad! Based on all the facts we have this next album we know nothing about is going to be terrible! 

I honestly can’t see why they should have any fear, or feel the need to ‘calculate’ anything at this point in their careers. I just hope they are writing as true to their hearts as possible. 

They’ve done any and everything they could possibly do within the rock category, aside from a really chill acoustic based album (although Warning was pretty close).

In all likelihood, Billie is going to be a grandfather on their next tour, and it would be really nice to see them create an album that reflects their maturity. Songs like Revolution Radio are great, but I really hope we can get something a little less political this time around, and maybe a little more family oriented and relatable. Politics are okay, but it just seems like we get more than our fair share of that on social media nowadays.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

In all likelihood, Billie is going to be a grandfather on their next tour

Do you know something we don’t? 🤔

11 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Do you know something we don’t? 🤔

Haha.. no I don’t. Speaking from a purely statistical point of view..

4 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

LOL all we know at this point that something is definitely happening soon!

6 hours ago, cav9mm said:

Kinda related , but Mark Hoppus posted the new Blink 182 track on his Twitter a few weeks back. Man , it got slated . I reckon 90% of the comments were overwhelmingly negative.

Im pretty sure their album is done and ready to go too, do artists ever like go “oh shit, people hate our new stuff “ and try to delay or write new tracks based on initial feedback ?

Or typically is it a case of when the first single is released then it’s too late to do anything about it .

Well the Sonic movie is being delayed because everyone hated the design of Sonic in the trailer lol. That’s the first time I’d ever heard of something like that, a creator listening to feedback post-production and going back to fix it. I’m guessing it’s possible but idk how likely it is, especially with music. 

5 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

Well the Sonic movie is being delayed because everyone hated the design of Sonic in the trailer lol. That’s the first time I’d ever heard of something like that, a creator listening to feedback post-production and going back to fix it. I’m guessing it’s possible but idk how likely it is, especially with music. 

I wonder if they're going to change the Bad Album's cover too.

tumblr_prk5g3KNKs1tw90tyo1_1280.jpg

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I wonder if they're going to change the Bad Album's cover too.

tumblr_prk5g3KNKs1tw90tyo1_1280.jpg

What if a new Green Day song is in the Sonic Movie soundtrack LOL!!!

I think they would make themselves crazy if they listened to the internet and reacted by making changes and trying to please those people. Nothing will please everyone, there are too many trolls out there determined to hate on everything just to stir shit up so make the music you want to make and then throw it out there and say fuck it just like they did with AI. 

1 hour ago, Justin1 said:

The average age a man fathers his first child in the US is 31 and rising. I doubt the odds of a man in his early 20s who isn't married and that we don't even know is in a relationship becoming a father in the near future is statistically very high. Also like, it's obviously possible to become a grandfather at 47 but it's not exactly old age. I believe Green Day have always written songs that reflect their age, and the majority of Rev Rad's lyrics are both mature and personal.

Been away for a week, and reading this thread was interesting to say the least! I'm very surprised that there's so much negativity surrounding the new album. While some of the things in the 4Chan leak could be true, for now I'm going to take what 4Chan said as seriously as anyone who says the infamous words ''it sounds like Dookie''. 

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

What if a new Green Day song is in the Sonic Movie soundtrack LOL!!!

Still better than a Green Day song in Twilight.

2 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Still better than a Green Day song in Twilight.

Warners had to recoup their money for that album so I can’t say I blame them for that decision 

11 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Warners had to recoup their money for that album so I can’t say I blame them for that decision 

Still, i’m sure the boys can say with certainty that it’s not their proudest moment.

6 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Still, i’m sure the boys can say with certainty that it’s not their proudest moment.

The whole damn Trilogy (and pretty much all of 2012 for that matter) was not their proudest moment 😄  Still, I’m glad he still loves some of those songs though and I hope he brings one or two back to the setlist next tour. 

13 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

A couple of years before when Billie was asked who he'd like to play Christian if a film/musical of 21st CB was made he said Robert Pattinson (based off Twilight) so perhaps not.

Anyway I'd say having songs in Tranformers 2 and Freddy Got Fingered is worse. Majority of films with Green Day's music in them are bad films.

15 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Anyway I'd say having songs in Tranformers 2 and Freddy Got Fingered is worse.

Freddy Got fingered is a cinematic masterpiece.

Just now, Too domb to die said:

Freddy Got fingered is a cinematic masterpiece.

Up there with Live Freaky, Die Freaky 😄

9 minutes ago, Hermione said:

A couple of years before when Billie was asked who he'd like to play Christian if a film/musical of 21st CB was made he said Robert Pattinson (based off Twilight) so perhaps not.

Anyway I'd say having songs in Tranformers 2 and Freddy Got Fingered is worse. Majority of films with Green Day's music in them are bad films.

I remember that, haha! And at least Transformers is a good franchise at it’s core, so there’s some redeeming value to it. And they had Know Your Enemy as the theme song to WWE SmackDown! for a while, which i’d say is something to write home about.

16 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The whole damn Trilogy (and pretty much all of 2012 for that matter) was not their proudest moment 😄  Still, I’m glad he still loves some of those songs though and I hope he brings one or two back to the setlist next tour. 

The Trilogy (Mainly ¡Uno!) is grossly underrated in my opinion. And i’d agree that i’d love to hear some of the Trilogy’s songs in the next tour.

Varsity Blues was a good movie, as were the second Austin Powers, Angus and Private Parts. I don't know how fair it is to say the majority of films featuring Green Day songs are awful. Get Him to the Greek was funny as hell too, although I'm not sure that one counts since it technically wasn't a Green Day song.

I think the fact that so few Trilogy songs have made it into the setlist the last couple of tours is telling. It was really cool to see a handful of them busted out at Longshot shows though. Maybe Mike and Tré vetoed? I don't know, don't want to hijack the thread in the interest of Trilogy discussion though.

I really hope that a new album really is coming!!!!!

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

If 47 is old what are we going to call them when they're in their 70's? :P

Ancient? 

I think Green Day having a song on Twilight is fine. The quality of the movie is irrelevant and loads of good bands have had music on Twilight

7 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I think Green Day having a song on Twilight is fine. The quality of the movie is irrelevant and loads of good bands have had music on Twilight

Agreed. If there's one good thing about Twilight, it's the soundtrack, so being on it is no shame.

Did Billie have blonde hair at all within the last 6 months? 

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived