Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

I hope not. Hearing half the album in advance kind of takes away from the excitement.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I hope not. Hearing half the album in advance kind of takes away from the excitement.

I agree. I prefer a single or two max. Then the album.

5 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

We were practically spoiled with the Trilogy as they already played 90% of it at clubs in 2011, most of which leaked on YouTube

9 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I agree that’s why I don’t like it but it may improve streams. I’m just thinking with the new manager and producer they may be updating their promotion style as well

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I agree that’s why I don’t like it but it may improve streams. I’m just thinking with the new manager and producer they may be updating their promotion style as well

Updating their promotion strategy or actually having one? There was really no promotion done for the last 2 efforts. 

and yeah I think one single and then the album is the best way to go. I want them to come out with the element of surprise again. 

They've given us too much in the past. 

Regarding the promotion thing, have they actually switched to Crush Management? Forgive me, I haven't been around in a while ! But I remember that was rumoured to be happening

16 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

Updating their promotion strategy or actually having one? There was really no promotion done for the last 2 efforts. 

and yeah I think one single and then the album is the best way to go. I want them to come out with the element of surprise again. 

They've given us too much in the past. 

The band gave tons of interviews and live TV appearances during revrad era, also 3 official music-videos and a lot of lyric videos. A worldwide tour (the last time they visited south america was 7 years ago). I think that is good promotion, not spetacular but enough I guess.

During Trilogy era Billie's rehab limited the whole thing.

This thread putting together a timeline trying to figure out if Butch is the producer and when the album should come out and whether or not the tracklist is real

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Has anyone on here ever tried to datamine Green Day’s website for any clues of future updates? I’ve heard of people who datamine Nintendo’s website or other video game retailers for future game releases and 90% of the time, they end up being right!!!

20 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

Regarding the promotion thing, have they actually switched to Crush Management? Forgive me, I haven't been around in a while ! But I remember that was rumoured to be happening

Yes, they switched.

27 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Has anyone on here ever tried to datamine Green Day’s website for any clues of future updates? I’ve heard of people who datamine Nintendo’s website or other video game retailers for future game releases and 90% of the time, they end up being right!!!

What does that even mean?

1 hour ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

There was promotion but it was the same kind of promotion you would do in 1995 if you want to sell an album. They went on talk shows, award shows, did performances largely on TV and a few magazine feature interviews. That’s a 20th century strategy. So is releasing one single to promote an album. 

Today it’s about streams and downloads of individual songs not album sales and promotion happens by putting your face and music out there in the popular culture. Do YouTube features, Carpool Karaoke, livestream specials and concerts, online Q&As, in addition to the TV appearances but those are mostly for your older fans. They have younger fans that need to be reached online.  

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Is it possible they could go the route others are going these days and release more than one single prior to the album release — like one in June, one in July, one in August and then the album in September? Personally I hate that but I follow other artists that have done that in recent years. It’s good for streaming numbers I guess. 

Or they could do what some acts are doing and just drop the album, I doubt it though.

12 minutes ago, jengd said:

Or they could do what some acts are doing and just drop the album, I doubt it though.

You can do that if you’re Beyonce or Ariana Grande and are confident that you’ll get a billion downloads. They’re not in that league. 

13 minutes ago, jengd said:

That'd be cool. Billie did it with the Longshot too but that was meant to be a low key record, so he wasn't risking anything. 

18 minutes ago, jengd said:

Would they be generous enough to just drop it in iTunes for free just like U2 did 6 years ago?

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Would they be generous enough to just drop it in iTunes for free just like U2 did 6 years ago?

I think that was a huge mistake. I remember resenting it. I don’t want your fucking album. By forcing it on me it made me hate them. 

I think there’s a huge arrogance about that too, like we don’t need your money anymore because we’re so rich and so great we know you’ll love and appreciate this. Uh, no.

6 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think that was a huge mistake. I remember resenting it. I don’t want your fucking album. By forcing it on me it made me hate them. 

I think there’s a huge arrogance about that too, like we don’t need your money anymore because we’re so rich and so great we know you’ll love and appreciate this. Uh, no.

I was so mad that day. I always put my phone on Shuffle. Then out of nowhere there is a song I don't even know. I was like ''Seriously U2? GTFO of my phone''

Give your album away to your fans is one thing. Panic gave away a CD or vinyl with the purchase of a concert ticket and that’s cool. Tours are where they make their money anyway. Way to give to your fans.  That they could consider.

Anybody else find themselves getting too excited when they see a new Instagram post from one of the guys and you’re like, “OMG this might be when we find out the news!”? And then it turns out to be nothing. I saw Mike had a new post but it turned out to be just a photo with his son.

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Anybody else find themselves getting too excited when they see a new Instagram post from one of the guys and you’re like, “OMG this might be when we find out the news!”? And then it turns out to be nothing. I saw Mike had a new post but it turned out to be just a photo with his son.

I think we'll have the news on the Green Day Facebook page first or on Youtube.

Just now, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

I think we'll have the news on the Green Day Facebook page first or on Youtube.

Actually I think Instagram is where they first announced Bang Bang

2 hours ago, walking_c0ntradicti0n said:

This thread putting together a timeline trying to figure out if Butch is the producer and when the album should come out and whether or not the tracklist is real

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

I was really hoping this comparison would get brought up. I almost put it on there but I ran out of space and was too lazy to reorganize it.

CONFIRMED: Split album with U2 titled “The Saints Are Still Coming” and it’s dropping for free straight to everyone’s Instagram app on June 1st. Good job cracking the code, everyone!

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Or a free download. Just don't force it on people who aren't interested.

This is actually kind of a cool idea. Can't speak for anyone else, but if they released an album as a pay-what-you-want type of deal, I would probably end up giving them more money than I would normally pay at the record store.

Edit: Spelling and to acknowledge that this scenario is highly unlikely.

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived