Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

Looking at the guesses at what the political songs may be...Billie should never mention politics again. I don't want to see him turn into this guy.

hello-fellow-activists-where-are-we-doin

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Oh yeah I forgot about that! 

I'm gonna try and crack this..... 

Gonna let it girl gave forward rah.... Gonna let a girl live forever?

Gonna let it burn ? Forever

Gonna let it burn ever after?

Is are we are back get out

Is are....is her/is our/

Back get out "backing out"

Maybe together it should say "it's our/her way of backing out"

Maybe it's about a girl getting out of a marriage? 

That's as much as I got so far lol....I'm keeping on this. Been trying to sing the way Billie sings certain words to see what my mic corrects it to

Honestly, my dream for the next Green Day album is an entire album that’s mixed and sounds like “Fever Blister”. It’s a long shot and probably won’t happen but a man can dream.

That being said I don’t think this album is going to be as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I feel like I might be biased because a lot of my opinions differ from the majority of people in the Green Day/mainstream music listeners. I like when Green Day experiments with their sound. Consequently, Warning is probably my 2nd/3rd favorite Green Day album. People like to shit on “Nightlife”(which has honestly grown on me in later years)for stepping outside of Green Day’s normal territory, but honestly I think songs like “Carpe Diem” and “Sweet 16” that played it way too safe on the trilogy should be the focus of criticism.  The same issue is prevalent with RevRad(that’s not to say I don’t like the album for what it is, a safer than the “experimental trilogy” return to AI/21st CB era Green Day with a few callbacks to past eras). RevRad played it safe and I can’t really blame them for that after how the Trilogy was received. Side note: I really hope RevRad gets a remixing at some point in my life time, I get where they were going with the mix but I’d like to hear Mike’s bass a lot more. I got really excited over the whole “Bow guitar” that was plastered all over those pre-album release interviews and you can barely hear it in the release. If Green Day wants to do a “poppier” album with synths, Let-’em. Might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I’ll listen to it. 

Plot Twist/Prediction: Green Day “has their master recordings stolen/lost/destroyed” for their upcoming album once again and mysteriously after an 18 year hiatus The Network drops an album on January 1st, 2020. 

Edit: Added more to my description of RevRad.

34 minutes ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

That being said I don’t think this album is going to be as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I feel like I might be biased because a lot of my opinions differ from the majority of people in the Green Day/mainstream music listeners. I like when Green Day experiments with their sound. Consequently, Warning is probably my 2nd/3rd favorite Green Day album. People like to shit on “Nightlife”(which has honestly grown on me in later years)for stepping outside of Green Day’s normal territory, but honestly I think songs like “Carpe Diem” and “Sweet 16” that played it way too safe on the trilogy should be the focus of criticism.

People shit on Nightlife because it’s terrible not because it’s a change in genre. I agree though songs like Carpe Diem and Sweet 16 should’ve remained on the cutting room floor

55 minutes ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

Honestly, my dream for the next Green Day album is an entire album that’s mixed and sounds like “Fever Blister”. It’s a long shot and probably won’t happen but a man can dream.

That being said I don’t think this album is going to be as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I feel like I might be biased because a lot of my opinions differ from the majority of people in the Green Day/mainstream music listeners. I like when Green Day experiments with their sound. Consequently, Warning is probably my 2nd/3rd favorite Green Day album. People like to shit on “Nightlife”(which has honestly grown on me in later years)for stepping outside of Green Day’s normal territory, but honestly I think songs like “Carpe Diem” and “Sweet 16” that played it way too safe on the trilogy should be the focus of criticism.  The same issue is prevalent with RevRad(that’s not to say I don’t like the album for what it is, a safer than the “experimental trilogy” return to AI/21st CB era Green Day with a few callbacks to past eras). RevRad played it safe and I can’t really blame them for that after how the Trilogy was received. Side note: I really hope RevRad gets a remixing at some point in my life time, I get where they were going with the mix but I’d like to hear Mike’s bass a lot more. I got really excited over the whole “Bow guitar” that was plastered all over those pre-album release interviews and you can barely hear it in the release. If Green Day wants to do a “poppier” album with synths, Let-’em. Might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I’ll listen to it. 

Plot Twist/Prediction: Green Day “has their master recordings stolen/lost/destroyed” for their upcoming album once again and mysteriously after an 18 year hiatus The Network drops an album on January 1st, 2020. 

Edit: Added more to my description of RevRad.

What about more 4-on-the-floor songs like Kill the DJ?

32 minutes ago, Joe. said:

People shit on Nightlife because it’s terrible not because it’s a change in genre. I agree though songs like Carpe Diem and Sweet 16 should’ve remained on the cutting room floor

Music is subjective. I can think of songs that are absolutely terrible and that’s not one of them. I think there are things that could have been differently with that track that would make it more palatable for more people. It’s a cheesy song with cheesy lyrics, if you don’t take it so seriously it can be an enjoyable tune.

12 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I liked “Kill The DJ”, although I think angsty 8th Grade/Freshman year enjoyed it more than 20 year old me does(it doesn’t get skipped on shuffle lets just put it that way). One of the better tracks from the Trilogy IMO. Wish they would have played it live more than a handful of times. I personally would entertain additional songs written in a similar vain sound wise. 

14 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I rate Kill the DJ. Musically its solid and with better lyrics I think could've been a live staple

To add to the Butch Walker stuff... 

(swipe to photo 2) 😂😂😂

16 minutes ago, Joe. said:

I rate Kill the DJ. Musically its solid and with better lyrics I think could've been a live staple

It has such groove. The lyrics get a pass, I'd dance to that.

7 minutes ago, Goofygoldfish said:

(swipe to photo 2)

:lol: this is going to become legendary if he fucks up

also, asshole? Songs for Assholes confirmed? 

Me a bit lit 

Rap album confirmed at this point. See ya haters!

I love that he responded. That’s awesome (and yes it confirms it in my book)

5 hours ago, jengd said:

Surfing - rather than Trump.  He clearly said Trump was getting nothing from him, I hope he’s stuck with that.

Yeah I really hope it stays that way. They already did the anti-Bush thing which was exactly the time to do it and that should never ever be revisited especially with Trump. They can be political but don't have to necessarily address this guy. Trump loves all the hate it really makes his dick hard. He should be handled like the old Alzheimer's patient he is and just completely be ignored. 

I'm also tired of these SJWs just going after him because it's the easy thing to do for attention. It's not cool just to hate someone because you're a sore loser. Get over it because unfortunately, this how democracy is. If you want to stand against him and fight the policies that's cool but do it in a way where it comes from intellect and not some type of sulking cause you didn't get what you wanted out of the deal.

Also blame Hillary too. If she actually took some of the problems head on and outworked him none of us would have to hear the old piece of shit in the first place. But either way if she won nobody would be outraged but she's still a corrupt politician as well, maybe the lesser of the two evils but still the same. 

We have a conservative government here in Ontario and everyone is so quick to criticize all the cuts there has been meanwhile the last government in power racked up a debt so large that they're actually the party that forced the cuts in the first place. I know I'm sorry a bit off topic but I feel this strongly against Green Day falling into this trap...

The political lyrics may be cool as long as they're sincere and to the point and not done as a shtick. That said, in this regard I don't have much faith left.

5 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

The political lyrics may be cool as long as they're sincere and to the point and not done as a shtick. That said, in this regard I don't have much faith left.

I'd prefer they don't go political at all. I wouldn't mind them presenting lyrics as a fictional story the way that Rush would do. Imagine a 13 song album of these little stories. They don't have to be linked as a rock opera would be. Imagine a group of songs each has lyrics that are written as if it's a single novel accompanied by music. 

Even if he wrote out of inspiration from a specific novel that would be cool too. Two of my favorite GD songs were written like that (Who Wrote Holden Caulfield and Rusty James). I could relate to what he wrote to on a personal level and that struck a chord with me.

As of late Rusty James has been a go to because I matured and grew as a person and then my gang from my earlier punk years came to turn on me. They can no longer relate to me despite me always being a happy person raising my glass and toasting them even while knowing a target was likely on my back. Like Rusty James if I were to run into them now I'd probably just give them the cold shoulder. It would be the peaceful and more mature thing to do and would probably make them think deeper because in my younger years I was outspoken and not afraid to express my anger regardless of whether they liked it or not.

1 hour ago, Goofygoldfish said:

(swipe to photo 2) 😂😂😂

He's also confirmed that he's the producer in the comments (in case we needed any more confirmation)

2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

He's also confirmed that he's the producer in the comments (in case we needed any more confirmation)

He confirmed where?

3 minutes ago, Alf said:

He confirmed where?

In the comments of the instagram post above. Just click view all comments and you should find it. He said "He’s the producer of the next gd album btw if you didn’t know yet"

8 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

In the comments of the instagram post above. Just click view all comments and you should find it. He said "He’s the producer of the next gd album btw if you didn’t know yet"

It’s just the accountholder that says that not Butch. 

I was just thinking, I really don’t think the album will be called Songs For Assholes since that’s not very FCC friendly, but just imagine if it were.

”This morning on Good Morning America, Green Day is here performing their hit new single, As the World Turns from their forthcoming studio album, Songs For BLEEEEP!”

See what I mean?

9 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I was just thinking, I really don’t think the album will be called Songs For Assholes since that’s not very FCC friendly, but just imagine if it were.

”This morning on Good Morning America, Green Day is here performing their hit new single, As the World Turns from their forthcoming studio album, Songs For BLEEEEP!”

See what I mean?

Well they did call an album Awesome as Fuck so I don’t think they care.

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

Well they did call an album Awesome as Fuck so I don’t think they care.

LOL I totally forgot about that!!!

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It’s just the accountholder that says that not Butch. 

Oh right never mind I'm dumb lol. I thought that was like an official green day account or something. I don't use instagram so idk

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived