Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

4 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

The difference is that those songs were still new to the fans when they were released on Nimrod (Good Riddance did have a different version as a Brain Stew B-side but still, that was only like 2 years earlier)

Yeah that's true, but Dreamcatcher was played live 10 years ago once or twice. Not many people remember.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

I must confess I only listened once cos I'm on the go at the moment, will probably check it out more when I get home. But if someone could provide a transcript of it that would be good. I'm sure she reads out a tweet and it is unclear whether the July 19th thing is her responding to the tweet, or if the date is the content of the tweet

Its quite specific. She doesnt read out a tweet

2 minutes ago, KarlAuerE12thSt said:

You Know it came to my mind that Bratwurst could be the anti trump song because he has German ancestors and is fat 🤔

May no shot be too long🤘🏻

@Billie Hoe would love that hope you're right

2 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Well on the Kerrang radio clip, she mentions July 19 5pm so if she was reading a prediction, I doubt it would be THAT specific

Isn't that what the gdc leak said?

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

Which leak? We've had so many I don't even remember

Just now, Christian's Inferno! said:

Which leak? We've had so many I don't even remember

That germanwarnerwhatever dude who also posted the serlist with bratwurst made a post that said 19/7 and some hour that I don't remember. Could be the same as the radio lady.

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

I believe the leak said 7pm CET, which is actually 6pm BST. If it’s a random fake leak they guy has been pretty damn lucky nonetheless :D 

19 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Not to be that guy, but it doesn't seem that weird to me. They recycle ideas often, and they've released older songs before (Haushinka and Good Riddance were both written before dookie came out but were only released on nimrod etc) so it's not so unlike them to use an older song. Plus, sadly, as long as songwriting is concerned, Green Day 10 years ago >>> Green Day now.

The only difference is Haushinka was 5 years old, Good Riddance was 3. Letterbomb was 4. 10 years is quite a stretch for an album track. The longest known gap they’ve ever had between writing and release was When It’s Time, which was 18 years old by the time they released it, and that’s only because they wanted something exclusive to the American Idiot musical. And let’s be honest, if they considered the other 37 trilogy songs more worthy of release than Dream Catcher, then there’s no fucking way they’d release it now. 

5 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Well on the Kerrang radio clip, she mentions July 19 5pm so if she was reading a prediction, I doubt it would be THAT specific

Just like all of the not THAT specific predicted tracklists on here? Haha I'm only messing, I get what you mean. I do believe in the Kerrang thing like the rest of you, I am just sceptical 

7 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yeah that's true, but Dreamcatcher was played live 10 years ago once or twice. Not many people remember.

Dream Catcher was soundchecked once. Then it was used for These Paper Bullets. 

5 minutes ago, Todd said:

Dream Catcher was soundchecked once. Then it was used for These Paper Bullets. 

Because it was a Bullets song I expected The Longshot to release it. If that didn’t happen then probably not GD.

July 19 is also the date that Sum 41's new album is released

In 2016, Green Day and Sum 41 released albums on the same day

6 minutes ago, J a c said:

I believe the leak said 7pm CET, which is actually 6pm BST. If it’s a random fake leak they guy has been pretty damn lucky nonetheless :D 

Well, that guy did say "YouTube". It could be, that the song premiers on the radio and then an hour later we get a lyric or even an official music video on youtube.

If I'm not mistaken Green Day have done smth like that with there singles in the past.

1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

And what a great day that was. Definitely looking forward to Order in Decline!

Just now, Christian's Inferno! said:

Confirmed: Green Day legitimately considers Sum 41 a threat to their success. 😝

Blink, Green Day, Sum 41, and All-American Rejects all releasing new music this year. It's 2004.

8 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Blink, Green Day, Sum 41, and All-American Rejects all releasing new music this year. It's 2004.

Damn, I think I might accidentally go back to school this year😆

2 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

Haha, well that was anti-climactic. Didn't think Green Day performing at the super bowl was likely anyway though. If you think Green Day at Glastonbury is unlikely (which I don't), then Green Day performing at the Super Bowl is in a whole other dimension of improbability. 

SuperBowl more likely than Glastonbury. RHCP for example have done the SuperBowl, they won’t do Glastonbury.

8 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Damn so many recently browsing people waiting for something to happen lol

Honestly I wouldn't excited if a studio version of Dreamcatcher is released . It's a song we already heard like... 10 years ago? I want new green day, not recycle things and much less music we already heard. That thing would be good for  something like shenanigans part 2 or sort of. 

Pleaseeeeeeee let this be true! I’m desperate for some new Green Day music haha

Here we go again! 

Just to kill the wait time, I’m sleeping again. 😂🙈🥁

I really can't be bothered to read back, is there some actual news and what is it?

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived