Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

True. The RevRad tracklisting leak turned out to be real too and it's not hard to believe they're making a bad album.:P But the fact that the source is 4chan is a reason to take it with an extra grain of salt.

I really hope so, because jesus christ, if this album actually sounds like it is being described, i.e (quoting 4chan): 

-the band is going in what I would call a fallout boy type of direction with this album most poppy album by far for them

I'm not a green day fan. I've been able to listen to about 6 songs, I didn't listen to any from start to finish. I'd say this is is going to be a mediocre pop album with some alternative rock in the mix. Seriously, this is probably going to make hard core fans pissed, this is a very poppy album from a rock band

Then I'm going to feel violently sick. I also honestly think that Billie and the guys must have completely lost their marbles if this album sounds ANYTHING like current FOB.

The only thing that gives me any consolation whatsoever, is that the quite accurate RevRad 4chan leak only concerned track-listing, art-work and singles to be released, NOT any information regarding the sound of the album. Also, the leak was posted AFTER the announcement of "Bang Bang" had already been made. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Btw, another 4chan speculation thread has just opened. I'm starting to believe it's probably all just some elaborate joke...

https://boards.4channel.org/mu/thread/87835744

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I'm waiting for @The Insider's verdict

Maybe it's @The Insider is whose making these 4chan threads🤔

27 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

I'm starting to believe it's probably all just some elaborate joke...

April fool's part II

No-one believed the warnings, then it happened, then it un-happened 😜

29 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

I'm not a green day fan. I've been able to listen to about 6 songs, I didn't listen to any from start to finish. I'd say this is is going to be a mediocre pop album with some alternative rock in the mix. Seriously, this is probably going to make hard core fans pissed, this is a very poppy album from a rock band

Could Back in the USA have been a trial to test the water. And now they do a whole album like this? 

Not poppy as such, but much more melodic/rock and roll than straight out rock music. But I can see how someone would call it poppier. 

Fall Out Boy's last three albums were excellent, and if Green Day could manage to pull of a MANIA-type sound (I don't think they could pull it off like FOB) then I'd be so incredibly hyped. I have full faith in them if they decide to go pop. People always act like pop music is bad and it's like... no. A lot of it is way more refreshing that guitar-driven rock is nowadays.

Anyway, I don't need to worry about this. Green Day haven't let me down for like 18 years so I can't suspect they'll start now haha

1 hour ago, MillenniumFan said:

Then I'm going to feel violently sick. I also honestly think that Billie and the guys must have completely lost their marbles if this album sounds ANYTHING like current FOB.

Same. And the worst part is that after Trilogy we can't console ourselves by thinking they're not capable of a grand fuck up.

Btw, wasn't the revrad leak on Instagram anyway? Let's just pretend 4chan doesn't exist hahaha 

P Diddy and DJ Khaled producing with features from Lil Pump Justin Bieber and Chad Kroeger 

3 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

I really hope so, because jesus christ, if this album actually sounds like it is being described, i.e (quoting 4chan): 

The only thing that gives me any consolation whatsoever, is that the quite accurate RevRad 4chan leak only concerned track-listing, art-work and singles to be released, NOT any information regarding the sound of the album. Also, the leak was posted AFTER the announcement of "Bang Bang" had already been made. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Btw, another 4chan speculation thread has just opened. I'm starting to believe it's probably all just some elaborate joke...

https://boards.4channel.org/mu/thread/87835744

As for the 4chan track list leak, “As the World Turns” sounds like the kind of song Billie would write. I could see this being the first single

Let’s keep this here to refer back and laugh in a few months:

1.Burn it all
2. Don't patronize me
3. Antisocial media
4. Average Workin Man
5. Dollywhoop
6. Broken bridge 
7. Peace 
8. As the world turns
9. Rome Falls
10. Puppydog crush
11. The jury and the judge
12. Take a Stand
13. Orange Summer

And he claims Peace is the first single.

Gonna be honest this tracklisting looks shit imo. 

Just now, Christian's Inferno! said:

What does that even mean? They’re just song titles, how do you judge a song title? What if you saw Playtpus and Do Da Da on the list and didn’t know how they sounded, or any song you can name for that matter. 

3 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I said the same when I saw the revrad tracklisting leak :lol:

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

Right, tbh I find the track listing here to be the most believable thing about the leak. The rest sounds like bullshit but these titles look like they could actually be songs. 

I can't wait for the fears about a pop album to rise and rise, Green Day to announce a new single on the way, and it to be Back In The USA 2.

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Right, tbh I find the track listing here to be the most believable thing about the leak. The rest sounds like bullshit but these titles look like they could actually be songs. 

Yeah they could I guess. I mean, what lead me to assume the revrad leak was fake was that the titles sounded so predictably Green Day-like that I refused to believe they were legit. :lol: So I don't really trust my judgement when it comes to song titles anymore...ngl, I say I refuse to believe the leak because they say the album's bad and I don't want that to be true haha

9 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I know right? Some of those song titles sounded like references to the Trilogy

Troubled Times (99 Revolutions)

Too Dumb To Die (Sex Drugs and Violence)

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

I know right? Some of those song titles sounded like references to the Trilogy

Exactly! It looked like someone was pulling our leg and wasn't even creative about it.

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yeah they could I guess. I mean, what lead me to assume the revrad leak was fake was that the titles sounded so predictably Green Day-like that I refused to believe they were legit. :lol: So I don't really trust my judgement when it comes to song titles anymore...ngl, I say I refuse to believe the leak because they say the album's bad and I don't want that to be true haha

Same. If he had just led with the tracklist and kept the rest to himself we’d all be freaking out right now. 

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

I know right? Some of those song titled sounded like references to the Trilogy

Which either meant they had to be fake or they had to be real because Billie loves to recycle old lines and ideas he likes. Turned out there you go...

I love how this guy comments "I don't like a single song they've put out, but dookie and american idiot aren't objectively horrible. they're just horrible in my opinion. every other album is objectively horrible. if you think 21st century breakdown is a blessing from the gods you deserve to be put down."

First of all, how is music objectively horrible? Secondly, why would you listen to every other GD album if you hated AI and Dookie?

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Same. If he had just led with the tracklist and kept the rest to himself we’d all be freaking out right now. 

Which either meant they had to be fake or they had to be real because Billie loves to recycle old lines and ideas he likes. Turned out there you go...

I am freaking out but not in the way I'd like to! :lol:

That's true. Billie reuses lyrics a lot so in hindsight, the tracklist wasn't that unbelievable.

1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I love how this guy comments "I don't like a single song they've put out, but dookie and american idiot aren't objectively horrible. they're just horrible in my opinion. every other album is objectively horrible. if you think 21st century breakdown is a blessing from the gods you deserve to be put down."

First of all, how is music objectively horrible? Secondly, why would you listen to every other GD album if you hated AI and Dookie?

That's what makes me think he's a troll.

Hopefully we’ll finally get a studio version of this someday!!! They also played Stay The Night at this soundcheck. That came out on ¡UNO! 2 years later!

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

Hopefully we’ll finally get a studio version of this someday!!! They also played Stay The Night at this soundcheck. That came out on ¡UNO! 2 years later!

Totaly agree...i've always loved Dreamcatcher

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived