Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

Free music as having a link to a free download on social media would be cool. Shoving it down everyone's throat like U2 would be annoying imo.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

This had to be for Back in the USA

God dammit 

45 minutes ago, That Dude said:

What if Green Day decided to give Album 13 away for free?  Free cds, free vinyl  - everything.   Could reach some folks who either have never given them a chance, AND some less fortunate.  Just good all around for everyone. 

This idea came from me wondering about what they could do different this time around without it being a gimmick or seeming forced.  

We don’t live in Venezuela

What if they did something with the pay-what-you-want model? Starting at a dollar. I'm sure they wouldn't do it, and I don't know how much of a hit they could afford to take financially. But for the love of God, just don't pull that U2 bullshit

4 minutes ago, Matt. said:

That worked out well.

It was shit.

Most people don't buy music the same way anymore. Artists upload new songs to YouTube which is essentially giving them away for free. Whereas past generations (including myself) required ownership to listen to music, not music seems more about access. Memberships and exclusivity and such.

Let me take you down 

‘cause I’m going to

speculation’s not dead

and no new hints or new leaks are out

Next Album Anticipation Thread forever.

10 minutes ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

Let me take you down 

‘cause I’m going to

speculation’s not dead

and no new hints or new leaks are out

Next Album Anticipation Thread forever.

Would be pretty much the same story for a long time. 

3 hours ago, That Dude said:

What if Green Day decided to give Album 13 away for free?  Free cds, free vinyl  - everything.   Could reach some folks who either have never given them a chance, AND some less fortunate.  Just good all around for everyone. 

This idea came from me wondering about what they could do different this time around without it being a gimmick or seeming forced.  

2 hours ago, Todd said:

The U2 approach? 

I hate that every time I open my Apple Music app I have to delete that damn U2 album I didn’t ask for. EVERY DAMN TIME! 

2 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

What if they did something with the pay-what-you-want model? Starting at a dollar. I'm sure they wouldn't do it, and I don't know how much of a hit they could afford to take financially. But for the love of God, just don't pull that U2 bullshit

Apple already does this with every artist... it’s just $1.29/songs sometimes.

there's waaaay too much capital to be made in variant/exclusive/special editions of a release to forego the traditional model(s) of sales for a gimmicky approach for the sake of the modern market. there will likely be all of the usual variants, and on various formats.

3 minutes ago, dallasthemenace said:

there's waaaay too much capital to be made in variant/exclusive/special editions of a release to forego the traditional model(s) of sales for a gimmicky approach for the sake of the modern market. there will likely be all of the usual variants, and on various formats.

Yeah whenever the album comes out, there will be a lot of options, CD, Digital (Apple Music/Spotify), vinyl, special edition colored vinyl

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

Most people don't buy music the same way anymore. Artists upload new songs to YouTube which is essentially giving them away for free. Whereas past generations (including myself) required ownership to listen to music, not music seems more about access. Memberships and exclusivity and such.

A few months ago I caught myself wondering why some of the artists/bands I follow appeared to be touring almost continuously, only occasionally stopping for a few months, yet also releasing new material every other year or so. Then it dawned on me that that's how any real money is made in today's scene, which is not like previously by selling one's music, but mostly by selling tickets for live shows. The whole: "release an album, make a lot of money, tour a bit to promote the album, take a break and then go back into the studio" cycle, only works for bands who already made their fortune back in the day and can afford to take a break now or are massively wealthy for some other reason. Most less well known or newer artists can't afford to take such long breaks anymore or simply don't want to, because it's now on tour where they make money. 

11 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

Just saw Butch Walker mention there's a big announcement coming tomorrow... Could it be...?

Give it a few hours, if Billie, Mike, Tré, and their wives all like the video, then it’s pretty much confirmed!!!! But on the other hand, why wouldn’t Butch let Billie be the one to announce it?

23 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

Just saw Butch Walker mention there's a big announcement coming tomorrow... Could it be...?

Finally something to be excited for in those last 70 pages 😂 Even if tomorrow it's not related about Green Day at least we have reason to believe in something.

18 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:
Give it a few hours, if Billie, Mike, Tré, and their wives all like the video, then it’s pretty much confirmed!!!! But on the other hand, why wouldn’t Butch let Billie be the one to announce it?

He wouldn’t. The producer wouldn’t announce anything. Butch is also a musician he’ll be announcing some project of his own. 

13 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Le sigh.... 😒

To “like” someone’s post doesn’t mean shit. 

Jeezus, take a step back and STOP thinking every damn “like”, or post is a fucking “message.”

Butch has his own music to promote.

13 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Le sigh.... 😒

Jeezus, take a step back and STOP thinking every damn “like”, or post is a fucking “message.”

But he says trust me. So i trust him

Anything else Butch Walker is working on that this could be related to?

4 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Anything else Butch Walker is working on that this could be related to?

His own music. He’s been doing shows

26 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Le sigh.... 😒

Could very much be this especially if he has some personal release he's working on... 

but I do bet he's proud of working with Green Day and I'm sure it will be an album he talks about for a long long time.. 

But like I said it's just an announcement....

6 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

Could very much be this especially if he has some personal release he's working on... 

but I do bet he's proud of working with Green Day and I'm sure it will be an album he talks about for a long long time.. 

But like I said it's just an announcement....

If there is an album and he's in fact working on it. Nothing is confirmed.

Just now, Charby said:

Having the producer announce an album makes no sense.

In all fairness he said an announcement is coming. He didn't specify WHO was announcing it 

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived