Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

4 hours ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

But I'm pretty sure the next album gonna sound like The Longshot.

I’m pretty positive it won’t or there would have been no Longshot, they just would have saved those songs and released them under Green Day.  The fact that it was a side project tells me it was intentionally not Green Day. 

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, petros said:

Ignore this quote bubble my phone is acting up lmao

I think the next album will sound like RevRad green day but with more still breathing like songs. I think most songs will have a poppy aspects to them but I don't think they'll go full maroon five obviously. I'm thinking and hoping for something like the album By The Way by RHCP. Just a rock album with unconventional poppy aspects.

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m pretty positive it won’t or there would have been no Longshot, they just would have saved those songs and released them under Green Day.  The fact that it was a side project tells me it was intentionally not Green Day

Oh yeah I didn't realize that. You're probably right ahah

Whatever sound they go with I already know I'm gonna have it on repeat for the next years to come.

There's a big difference of pop song and a forced pop song. Green Day never did a forced pop song like FOB. 

For me, after trilogy, RevRad was confort zone. And now, when we say Green Day's confort zone we meaning something like RevRad sound.... but its doesnt mean RevRad was bad.

For Green Day's new album, I'm expecting a refreshed sound and experimentations things.

I'm not sure exactly what I'd like. I know I'd like it to be genuine, whatever it is! So option A from earlier post! 

How about this... 

A greatest hits but not greatest hits, more greatest styles. 

A new album that experiments with a time machine, new lyrics, old styles. 

2 songs in 1039 style

2 in kerplunk/Dookie style

2 in insomniac/warning/nimrod style 

2 in AI/21 CB style

2 in trilogy (the good ones) style

2 in rev rad style

2 in longshot style

2 in FBHT style 

And before you tell me the albums I've bunched together aren't the same sound, I know, it was more to explain a concept, and eras as I feel them looking back, than be 100% accurate on styles etc.  I wouldn't mind the exact splits. But an album filled with historic Green day styles mixed with new lyrics would make me happy! 

I hope I've explained this as I mean it... Basically, don't get wrapped up in the details, more the concept 😁 

9 hours ago, Goofygoldfish said:

I'm not sure exactly what I'd like. I know I'd like it to be genuine, whatever it is! So option A from earlier post! 

How about this... 

A greatest hits but not greatest hits, more greatest styles. 

A new album that experiments with a time machine, new lyrics, old styles. 

2 songs in 1039 style

2 in kerplunk/Dookie style

2 in insomniac/warning/nimrod style 

2 in AI/21 CB style

2 in trilogy (the good ones) style

2 in rev rad style

2 in longshot style

2 in FBHT style 

And before you tell me the albums I've bunched together aren't the same sound, I know, it was more to explain a concept, and eras as I feel them looking back, than be 100% accurate on styles etc.  I wouldn't mind the exact splits. But an album filled with historic Green day styles mixed with new lyrics would make me happy! 

I hope I've explained this as I mean it... Basically, don't get wrapped up in the details, more the concept 😁 

Imo I think this is exactly what should be avoided. The trilogy proved for them to be cohesive in this era they need to have focus. Rev Rad was a return to a focused effort but there's still a few moments where focus was lost and it made the album more of a 6/10 rather than a 7.5-8.5 out of 10. 

This focus is evident from Tracks 1-4 on Rev Rad. Tracks 5 and 6 have their moments but are not completely focused. Track 5 has moments that hurt the album. 

Still Breathing is a great song but I still think that more could be done in regards to the format of the song. Then again, they didn't have a producer so these are the risks you take when making such a bold statement. It is still however, a great song it just didn't display the magic that Green Day has in some of their other pop radio songs. Youngblood is another song that has it's moments but as a complete effort falls short for me personally. 

It's hard to say anything bad going through tracks 9-12 as their focus rolls back in. 9-12 are a good mix of songs that all sound somewhat different but still work together. If you listen to Rev Rad all the way through from 1-12 and then compare and contrast by listening to it with your 4 least favourite songs from the album removed you'll notice a difference. Rev Rad was a good album for modern Green Day but it left the fans hungry for something more. 

Due to that feeling for me this next Green Day album is probably the most anticipated since 21cb

2 hours ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

Due to that feeling for me this next Green Day album is probably the most anticipated since 21cb

Only amongst the fanbase. 21stCB had a much wider audience waiting for it, not sure anyone outside the hardcore fanbase is actively waiting for their next release tbh

9 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Only amongst the fanbase. 21stCB had a much wider audience waiting for it, not sure anyone outside the hardcore fanbase is actively waiting for their next release tbh

Yeah my comments are in regards to the fanbase and those closely orbiting the band in someway or another. However, that can all change if a really great single drops during promotion for the album prior to the release date. That's how it was for American Idiot right? The single drops and everyone was just really happily surprised. 

21cb was just a whole different animal altogether. They just pulled off a huge comeback that's changed the future of the band. "How do they follow it up?". I remember them being asked about a new album a year or two before it dropped. The media was all over it. 

The Trilogy and Rev Rad were just poorly promoted and it seems intentional. There was a hard schedule for the band making all those appearances between 2004-2010. The last 2 efforts seem to be an attempt at coming back down to the ground and playing because they love to play. There was no desire to climb a mountain that they climbed twice. Hell, they expressed feelings of not even wanting to continue on a major label at the time of the trilogy. 

They don't need to return to rock opera Green Day we just need maximum Green Day. Maximum Green Day may sound different at this age than they did before but if maximum Green Day is present on the record everyone in the fanbase will know. 

Hmm, a synth pop album called "songs for assholes" with a track called "fuck these people" definitely sounds like a band trying to end a contract with their label 😂

I want P Diddy and DJ Khaled to produce the next Green Day album

Billie Joe posted this on May 6. Why would he be excited about a new hat? New merch for the next album perhaps? Look at the logo on the hat!!! Hmmmm......

14 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:
Billie Joe posted this on May 6. Why would he be excited about a new hat? New merch for the next album perhaps? Look at the logo on the hat!!! Hmmmm......

It’s an actual band

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It’s an actual band

Oops....LOL this speculation got me a little too excited and that caught my eye

6 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

We'd all collectively shit our pants if they left the major label.

I'd love to see the band go to Epitaph

7 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

I'd love to see the band go to Epitaph

Or back to Lookout

If they left Reprise why would they sign to someone else? They’re a big enough band to where they don’t need a label 

Keep an eye out for Billie’s potential #hashtags relating to the album title. The first time he posted #Revrad, I immediately knew it would be Revolution Radio, I couldn’t think of anything else that made sense to me.

According to the 4chan "leak," new single would come next month. So at least we don't have long to wait to determine if it's true.

2 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

According to the 4chan "leak," new single would come next month. So at least we don't have long to wait to determine if it's true.

On one hand I don't want that leak go be true, on another hand... more green day music.

15 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Do we really believe fucking 4chan?

No but it's not impossible

13 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

No but it's not impossible

True. The RevRad tracklisting leak turned out to be real too and it's not hard to believe they're making a bad album.:P But the fact that the source is 4chan is a reason to take it with an extra grain of salt.

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived