Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

I know I shouldn't be like this, but seeing the other bands Butch has worked for doesn't make me exactly optimistic. I can't imagine green day sinking to that level but who knows? We need some music right now

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I know I shouldn't be like this, but seeing the other bands Butch has worked for doesn't make me exactly optimistic. I can't imagine green day sinking to that level but who knows? We need some music right now

Tomorrow is July 1st, so hopefully we’ll get some news soon!!!

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I actually think the BOTW into Still Breathing transition is the worst transition they've done tbh

I love the way that other songs segue into each other like Brain Stew/Jaded, LOTAG/Murder City, Holiday/BOBD, Christian's Inferno/LNOE.

But this one? Nah

My favorite transition has always been Chump into Longview. Sooooo good.

3 minutes ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

My favorite transition has always been Chump into Longview. Sooooo good.

Or how about Last of the American Girls into Murder City.

*beepbeep beepbeep beepbeep beepbeep* DESPERATE......

For 'Murder City' being added last minute that transition is smooth af!

45 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Tomorrow is July 1st, so hopefully we’ll get some news soon!!!

I wouldn't say more than a month at most til we hear some news 

What if: *tightens tinfoil hat* the last of the American girls book is actually a placeholder for another green day related book possibly something to do with the new album? 

4 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Or how about Last of the American Girls into Murder City.

*beepbeep beepbeep beepbeep beepbeep* DESPERATE......

Even Holiday to BOBD! It’s really smooth. 

1 hour ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/By9BiTCgfWZ/

Probably not green day related but maybe? I really want it to be at least lol

I think Billie was at Glastonbury all weekend so I doubt this anything to do with Green Day. Unless the picture was taken weeks ago

How do you guys think we'll get an announcement? Teases like with RevRad? Just a random ass announcement? 

31 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

How do you guys think we'll get an announcement? Teases like with RevRad? Just a random ass announcement? 

The moment all the guys go out together to party, that’d be an indication that the job’s finished 😌. As happened with RR. But then, i do think it will happen in a subtle pace. IG teasers. More Radio play to Green Day’s hits. 

6 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Yeah. I know that there's potential for something new and amazing to come out of this, but based on the other bands he's worked with, it's also reasonable to expect the worst.

Well if it is anywhere near as good as the last album they worked with someone called Butch on, we're in for a treat

All I’m asking for is a decent mix on album 13. I read the interviews during the RevRad Era, I know what they were trying to achieve but I’d like to still have my hearing lmao.  I feel Butch Walker won’t let it come out of his studio sounding too compressed(Trilogy) or whatever the fuck was going on in RevRads mix. Also, more Mike Dirnt “melody in a melody” bass lines, one of the few things the RevRad era lacked imo. 

That is all.

So cool for Green Day, they don’t have to remember so many Producer names. - Rob, Butch, Butch. 😛 

7 minutes ago, Morse Code Guy said:

So cool for Green Day, they don’t have to remember so many Producer names. - Rob, Butch, Butch. 😛 

You forgot Andy

2 hours ago, Alan86 said:

I think Billie was at Glastonbury all weekend so I doubt this anything to do with Green Day. Unless the picture was taken weeks ago

Speaking of Glastonbury, I feel like Green Day should be a headliner at that festival at least once in their career. I mean, both Reading and Glastonbury have changed beyond recognition, mostly in terms of moving to a more bland main-stream pop direction, so whereas a few years ago it might have been arguable that Glastonbury was "too pop" for Green Day, these days, one look at Reading's increasingly horrifying and sickening line-ups should swiftly disprove that point. 

44 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

You forgot Andy

Never heard about Andy. Even in HOF induction speech, Billie just mentioned Rob and Butch. 

22 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Speaking of Glastonbury, I feel like Green Day should be a headliner at that festival at least once in their career. I mean, both Reading and Glastonbury have changed beyond recognition, mostly in terms of moving to a more bland main-stream pop direction, so whereas a few years ago it might have been arguable that Glastonbury was "too pop" for Green Day, these days, one look at Reading's increasingly horrifying and sickening line-ups should swiftly disprove that point. 

We felt Glastonbury is giving over way too much to more folk/jazz,  really alternative (church choirs from SA - who were excellent but a little niche perhaps), legacy acts (Kylie, headlining, really??) and sentimentally driven acts like the The Cure. Yes, I know the Cure were huge - emphases on were - and are around more now but it was pretty cringeworthy.  Think Glastonbury needs a shake up, or maybe this year's line-up just wasn't for me.  I could hardly believe however that BJA would visit and neither of the Eavis' speak to him about the possibility.  He has said before that he doesn't know much about it, but if he enjoyed it he could be thinking, yep, got to fit that in. 

8 minutes ago, Morse Code Guy said:

Never heard about Andy. Even in HOF induction speech, Billie just mentioned Rob and Butch. 

Andy Ernst was the producer for Green Day albums during the Lookout years (all the songs on the 1039 Smoothed Out compilation And Kerplunk) Rob was the producer from Dookie on 

10 hours ago, That Dude said:

I have the artwork for ALBUM 13 done.  Green Day have always been authentic, so I decided to go with some unedited pictures of their faces. 

https://s1295.photobucket.com/user/thatdude03/media/GREEN DAY 13 STUPID COVER3jpg_zpsqg6zn3aa.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

A true masterpiece, man

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived