Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

42 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

The songwriter was not in a good place mentally or physically with the Trilogy.

25 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think at they time they did, but looking back Billie has said he wasn’t clear during the process or he would have done things differently.

22 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

He did well considering the circumstances 

I wonder if Billie’s insane guitar solos on the Trilogy were a result of being hopped up on speed or whatever drugs he took at the time. If you notice on every other album, the guitar solos are much more simple and melodic.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I wonder if Billie’s insane guitar solos on the Trilogy were a result of being hopped up on speed or whatever drugs he took at the time. If you notice on every other album, the guitar solos are much more simple and melodic.

Or maybe, he was challenged by Jason White? 😎

Or maybe he wanted to show off his skills to Lady Cobra? 😜

11 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I think having Jason there freed him up to do different things but also they were trying to get back to an early sound like Kerplunk and those first two records were loaded with guitar solos. 

52 minutes ago, Morse Code Guy said:

Or maybe, he was challenged by Jason White? 😎

Or maybe he wanted to show off his skills to Lady Cobra? 😜

I thought Lady Cobra was the one with the “skills”.

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Not to get into speculation about Billie's business but the only drugs he mentioned having an issue with at that time were alcohol and prescription meds just fyi. I think it's more just that fun/over the top guitar solos fit the rock n roll/party style of the albums.

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

In that case I need to get whatever he had to amp up my playing ha!

16 minutes ago, Matt. said:

I thought Lady Cobra was the one with the “skills”.

Well, she did enjoy doing “Nightlife” with Billie. 

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think having Jason there freed him up to do different things but also they were trying to get back to an early sound like Kerplunk and those first two records were loaded with guitar solos. 

Could it also depend on Producer’s perspective too? Because they have just worked with only 2 producers. Even then 21 CBD had some well set solos. KYE, Little Girl, Peacemaker, 21 Guns, to name a few. I think Rob wasn’t much into Solos. Even then, he did not add the insane part of solo in F*ck Time, as we saw in Cuatro. 

9 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

She didn't look too happy when he advised her on how to stay wet :P

Maybe she is already a pro at it 😛 

It was rumored, but we don't need to get too deep into any of their personal lives.

Never heard of that rumor... hope it's false. 

I came here to read some juicy and stupid speculation about the new record and I ended up reading some just stupid speculation about none of our business uhoh2.gif

Billie himself has said he's not a fan of excessive solos if I recall correctly, it's one of the reasons he thinks 39/Smooth is a bit cringey, he didn't play the full solo in Dry Ice at the House of Blues gig for that reason too I believe.

13 minutes ago, Libertine Angel said:

Billie himself has said he's not a fan of excessive solos if I recall correctly, it's one of the reasons he thinks 39/Smooth is a bit cringey, he didn't play the full solo in Dry Ice at the House of Blues gig for that reason too I believe.

I wonder what made him have a change of heart during the Trilogy sessions

9 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I wonder what made him have a change of heart during the Trilogy sessions

He said before the trilogy he always tried to stay simple and tasteful but then Mike encouraged him to just go for it when they were doing those sessions

35 minutes ago, petros said:

I've never seen her actually someone provide a pic of that woman. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/uds6P2aPstNxz1kM8

1 minute ago, Jankowski576 said:

He said before the trilogy he always tried to stay simple and tasteful but then Mike encouraged him to just go for it when they were doing those sessions

And Mike himself played that epic bass solo in DRB

44 minutes ago, Libertine Angel said:

He probably couldn't play it right. Isn't this the reason they couldn't record that song cause he was messing the solo all the time, hence the cheering in the end when they finally got it right. 

On a side note...when the fu** are we going to hear about getting new music from the day?

4 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

On a side note...when the fu** are we going to hear about getting new music from the day?

Top secret intel: we will hear about it when they tell us ;)

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Top secret intel: we will hear about it when they tell us ;)

Damn, that's definitely insider info right there...who do you know? 😲

Now every time that there is an Instagram notification about Billie’s post or live video, my heart skips a beat. 🙊

1 hour ago, petros said:

He probably couldn't play it right. Isn't this the reason they couldn't record that song cause he was messing the solo all the time, hence the cheering in the end when they finally got it right. 

Probably. But then, everything depends on what kind of a Guitarist that person is. Billie’s kind of in the middle of rhythm and lead guitar player. Not completely lead or completely rhythm guitarist. 

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived