Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

25 minutes ago, steve46 said:

They added some songs? So they increased the number of songs on the new album?

that is typically what adding something to something else means...

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, papa said:

that is typically what adding something to something else means...

Okay, if you don’t have anything meaningful to contribute there’s no need for snark 🙄

9 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

“A few” is a lot if they had thought it was done previously (did they?)  So I wonder how short the album was and how much longer it is now.  I wonder if this also indicates how much Billie is obsessing over this one and trying to get it right. Sounds like the pressure that came with 21CB and that whole process.

Could be some songs replacing others, not changing the overall length too much

1 minute ago, localinsomniac said:

Could be some songs replacing others, not changing the overall length too much

Not to be pedantic, but that would be substituting a few, not adding a few. Maybe wishful thinking but I’m hoping for a longer album

17 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

“A few” is a lot if they had thought it was done previously (did they?)  So I wonder how short the album was and how much longer it is now.  I wonder if this also indicates how much Billie is obsessing over this one and trying to get it right. Sounds like the pressure that came with 21CB and that whole process.

Maybe the leak with tons of songs was actually... NO 38.gif

*preventative posting mode off*

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Not to be pedantic, but that would be substituting a few, not adding a few. Maybe wishful thinking but I’m hoping for a longer album

Well according to the Reddit leaks it's 14 songs 😂

50 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Sorry, the “like right now” part was regarding preparing the release, not recording. Recording was done in April, then they added a few more songs earlier this month.

All I want is another album with 18-19 tracks, then it would worth the wait =D

17 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Good point, but I will counter it- they could have added a few for consideration. Don't get me wrong, I'll take a longer album over a shorter one 8 days a week. Who knows? At this point most of us are overanalyzing every last little crumb 😄

1 hour ago, Matt. said:

Sorry, the “like right now” part was regarding preparing the release, not recording. Recording was done in April, then they added a few more songs earlier this month.

This is the sort of information I like. Definitely excited for the September release now. Probably a single at the end of July or August.    Nice.

Also, it lines up perfectly with the coverups being a surprise Green day show.

12 minutes ago, Too domb to die said:

This is the sort of information I like. Definitely excited for the September release now. Probably a single at the end of July or August.    Nice.

Also, it lines up perfectly with the coverups being a surprise Green day show.

Even though I’ll be at that show I really don’t think it will be. It’s an annual event put on by the local businesses and would probably be uncool of GD to come in and overshadow it and cause chaos (even if one of those businesses is Billie’s own). As it is, I’m hoping for a nice chill crowd for the Coverups show.

As for September, I sure hope so but I wonder if adding songs within the last month has delayed that at all or had no effect on a release date?

11 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Even though I’ll be at that show I really don’t think it will be. It’s an annual event put on by the local businesses and would probably be uncool of GD to come in and overshadow it and cause chaos (even if one of those businesses is Billie’s own). As it is, I’m hoping for a nice chill crowd for the Coverups show.

As for September, I sure hope so but I wonder if adding songs within the last month has delayed that at all or had no effect on a release date?

When exactly is that Coverups show?

7 minutes ago, steve46 said:

When exactly is that Coverups show?

It’s the 40th street block party July 20 that takes place in the street outside Broken Guitars and 1234Go! Records. It’s sponsored by the local business district and there are bands all day, kid’s activities, food trucks, etc. 

At any rate, I don’t think anyone should make any big plans to be there expecting Green Day.

I'm fine with having 12-14 songs as long as they're all really good songs. Obviously, having 18 great songs would be preferable but I don't want them to include anything not worth including

10 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Billie must have really found some inspiration if this album is coming out this year, only two years (well probably three by the time it's out) after the release of revrad. Can't wait

Just wanna point out they released an entire trilogy of albums just 3 years after 21st Century Breakdown

5 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Just wanna point out they released an entire trilogy of albums just 3 years after 21st Century Breakdown

That was his experience in the AI musical that inspired all that creativity.

27 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They recorded Murder City last minute before releasing 21CB on May 15 that year. Does anybody know when exactly they recorded Murder City?

1 hour ago, Matt. said:

I had been so good recently at staying calm, being sensible, taking it all with a pinch of salt and now....

:yay:aaarrrrggggghhhhhhhh :dance:bring it on, I'm ready!

2 hours ago, Matt. said:

That should explain the inactivity on the SongsForAssholes IG after April and then suddenly, after about a month there was a new post. The account is private, so idk about you, but too bad we can’t see it

11 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Ugh another trilogy vol 2

What if they did it again, but got it right?  I'm a trilogy-lover, and I loved every minute of it.  But this new trilogy would sound totally different, AND be promoted properly.   

Probably released in one bundle instead of 3 release dates, 3 discs, all that confusion for all the non-fan boys.  

Billie is in a good state of mind, healthy and ready to play a trillion shows in support. 

OR

The Offspring have a possible double album on their hands.   That would be something for Green Day to consider.  Not WAAAAAY too much, but enough for Billie to get a lot of songs out if they have enough that are good.  

In an age where rock albums are whittled down to 10 songs (which a lot of times STILL aren't that good), Green Day should do something different.  Make 14+ songs. 

Nah I'm good with 12-14 songs that are actually good than spreading the good ideas in a sea of 30 meh songs. 

39 minutes ago, That Dude said:

What if they did it again, but got it right?  I'm a trilogy-lover, and I loved every minute of it.  But this new trilogy would sound totally different, AND be promoted properly.   

Probably released in one bundle instead of 3 release dates, 3 discs, all that confusion for all the non-fan boys.

Even if they pulled it off flawlessly, some fans would be quick to disregard or pan it just because the concept is another Trilogy.

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Haha that'd be like Star Wars

Except in that case, the first Trilogy was really good

7 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Except in that case, the first Trilogy was really good

Though thankfully Green Day didn’t decide to release Special Editions.

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived