Jump to content
Donation to help with costs Read more... ×
Verycool99

Next Album Anticipation Thread

Recommended Posts

DadBod
6 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

we are by no means entitled to anything. 

This.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alf
1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

This may be a function of their new management for all we know. They may have a promotion plan that involves keeping quiet until they decide it’s time.

Actually they're doing this since the trilogy exposure went wrong... everything that came next got quieter and quieter... they perfected the modus operandi of being out of radar while recording

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grinch

it's nice that people are recognizing the ridiculous speculation this time around. revrad was just as bad if not worse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pacejunkie punk
7 minutes ago, Alf said:

Actually they're doing this since the trilogy exposure went wrong... everything that came next got quieter and quieter... they perfected the modus operandi of being out of radar while recording

I think it’s for different reasons though. They were quiet for RevRad because they didn’t even know if they were recording their next album, they just were happy to be working together again and wanted to keep expectations low. They didn’t even tell the label until it was almost done. Despite that they still teased us a little with hashtags and studio pics about once a month from January 2016 until they announced the single in August. 

This time they are more sure of themselves but despite that have kept even quieter. I’m guessing new management has a bigger promotion plan than what was done for RevRad but part of that involves saying nothing until a release announcement. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re under a gag order.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neverdone2000
19 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

This may be a function of their new management for all we know. They may have a promotion plan that involves keeping quiet until they decide it’s time.

I actually understand what @Alf is saying about the lack of info specifically about the new album being frustrating. But like @pacejunkie punk points out here, it does seem to be a trend for artists to try to surprise their fans and say, “Hey we haven’t talked in awhile but here’s the new single! And album in a month!” Or just put out the album with no warning. And then hysteria and sobbing on social media ensues, which is the idea.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
localinsomniac
1 minute ago, neverdone2000 said:

I actually understand what @Alf is saying about the lack of info specifically about the new album being frustrating. But like @pacejunkie punk points out here, it does seem to be a trend for artists to try to surprise their fans and say, “Hey we haven’t talked in awhile but here’s the new single! And album in a month!” Or just put out the album with no warning. And then hysteria and sobbing on social media ensues, which is the idea.

This is kind of what I was hoping they would do. They may not be on the level of, say, a Beyonce. But I would love to watch social media and all of the fandom melt down over a surprise album drop.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pacejunkie punk
5 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

This is kind of what I was hoping they would do. They may not be on the level of, say, a Beyonce. But I would love to watch social media and all of the fandom melt down over a surprise album drop.

If only we were truly surprised when that time came but with all this anticipation I think we here would just sigh and say “finally!!”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
localinsomniac
Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

If only we were truly surprised when that time came but with all this anticipation I think we here would just sigh and say “finally!!”

True. We know something's coming, and we have a rough timeline, but we don't know exactly when. You're probably right that it would be more a sense of relief than surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Todd
1 hour ago, Alf said:

Some mistery is really cool, just like when he dropped the partnership with Norah from out of the Blue, but right now

 

Well we did have that Morissey song and the Jesse Malin song, both in the past month! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alf
Just now, Todd said:

Well we did have that Morissey song and the Jesse Malin song, both in the past month! 

So significant that I had forgotten hahahahahah

As I say, I just woke up sad that there is nothing new to speculate right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
localinsomniac

Look man, my words were a little harsh with you earlier today. Take some solace in the fact that we're 99% likely to get a new album in the next six months.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yosuke Hanamura
16 hours ago, DadBod said:

giphy.gif

I knew it! All the speculation is the work of CHAOS THEORY!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neverdone2000
29 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

I knew it! All the speculation is the work of CHAOS THEORY!

Jeff Goldblum is a plus in ANY discussion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DookieLukie

Kind of crazy that we got all hyped up for something that most likely won't happen until the Fall. But strangely now I'm more comfortable waiting. My expectations have dropped a bit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beerjeezus
1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

My expectations have dropped a bit.

Good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GDFan2019
3 hours ago, Ross_19 said:

If you had to predict, do you think the new album will have a really long song on it? Like JOS, Homecoming or Forever Now.

 

I think it will, whether it is forced or not I think there will always be a part in Billie's mind that says "fuck this I'm gonna join these 3 songs together"

 

3 hours ago, walking_c0ntradicti0n said:

Part of me wants one and the other part of me wonders if it'll be forced or not but something shorter like American Eulogy might be cool

Don’t forget Dirty Rotten Bastards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GDFan2019
6 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Enjoy your summer !! Go play outside, travel and relax :) We'll see each other again on Sept. 21st 😎

Or late July or early August for the single if we’re lucky!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
petros
23 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

 

Don’t forget Dirty Rotten Bastards

I'm trying to forget that shit song. 

I never expected a summer release from green day tbh they've never done it. Early September was always my guess. A single in July/August would be nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Bellie

I like @GDFan2019. Doesn't give a shit about what's being said on him/her and just keeps on with the joyful expectations after all these pages. Does me good to read

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That Dude

Oh, I want a jewel case for this one.  Not a fan of the cardboard nonsense Rev Rad was in, and I don't believe there was another option.  

I did some driving today and listened to 21st Century Breakdown and American Idiot in anticipation of new Green Day music.   That was nice, I haven't listened to them in a while.   I was blasting Rev Rad the other week and I may pull out some other Green Day albums as well.  

Maybe the new album will feature more of that insane, over the top Trumpet we got in "Bouncing off the Wall"  !!!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

   

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GDFan2019
2 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Oh, I want a jewel case for this one.  Not a fan of the cardboard nonsense Rev Rad was in, and I don't believe there was another option.  

I did some driving today and listened to 21st Century Breakdown and American Idiot in anticipation of new Green Day music.   That was nice, I haven't listened to them in a while.   I was blasting Rev Rad the other week and I may pull out some other Green Day albums as well.  

Maybe the new album will feature more of that insane, over the top Trumpet we got in "Bouncing off the Wall"  !!!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

   

 

 

Or what about that sound of the guitar played with a violin bow on Outlaws?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That Dude
4 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Or what about that sound of the guitar played with a violin bow on Outlaws?

I'm not entirely sure where the bow guitar parts were, but I like to think I hear them.....I really like "Outlaws" a lot.  

Being serious, the mystery trumpet and bow guitars are probably one off type things, but I do hope that Billie Joe continues to experiment with guitars.  I've been branching out in my own playing recently and here's the thing.  When it comes to guitar, nobody can fully master it.  It's almost infinite what can be done.   

Green Day as a team seem to really care about their playing and instrumental prowess, we hear about them taking lessons before doing albums and that's really cool.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×