Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

I kinda feel bad for the guy/gal/non-binary human person. Their excitement is endearing, but we all pile on because, frankly, some of it is just way too out there or plain irrelevant.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still surprised that there was no speculation about a new album after updating their Oakland Coffee Spotify setlist.

You know I’m not sure about if the person is trolling or not. Quite possibly is. 

But I would only have realised that restringing guitars and polishing it would be a thing regularly on the road.

If anything the person is at least very ignorant. 

Please don't start arguing who's the dumbest person in this thread. We don't have to compete about that. Everyone who posts here wins.

29 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

This is beyond speculation into the realm of the ridiculous. This is on the level of: “Billie took a selfie with a Tiki mug, it must mean the next album will be a tribute to Don Ho!!!”

More like trolling than reasonable speculation.

Everyones speculation is on different level. Is it really hurting your anus that much?)

8 minutes ago, Asik said:

Everyones speculation is on different level. Is it really hurting your anus that much?)

Everyone trolling is on different level too.

I think it's most likely just some misguided speculation. But in any case once it's been pointed out there's no need for 50 more people to pile on repeating the same thing :rolleyes:

59 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

I'm still surprised that there was no speculation about a new album after updating their Oakland Coffee Spotify setlist.

Yeah but it’s just their favorite songs, that’s all

33 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Yeah but it’s just their favorite songs, that’s all

Just like Broken Guitars is just a shop that Billie co-owns.

1 hour ago, Asik said:

Seriously?

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d137d2e6b75496b6f

If you had to predict, do you think the new album will have a really long song on it? Like JOS, Homecoming or Forever Now.

I think it will, whether it is forced or not I think there will always be a part in Billie's mind that says "fuck this I'm gonna join these 3 songs together"

1 minute ago, Ross_19 said:

If you had to predict, do you think the new album will have a really long song on it? Like JOS, Homecoming or Forever Now.

I think it will, whether it is forced or not I think there will always be a part in Billie's mind that says "fuck this I'm gonna join these 3 songs together"

Part of me wants one and the other part of me wonders if it'll be forced or not but something shorter like American Eulogy might be cool

7 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

Not necessarily long, but with different tempo. Like 21st Century Breakdown.

If the band had quit in 2017 I bet we would have more information about them then we are having with the guys just taking a break... It's really bothering me to have no news at all

Just guessing,  it I think the long song thing has played itself out and they won’t do it on this album.

1 minute ago, Alf said:

If the band had quit in 2017 I bet we would have more information about them then we are having with the guys just taking a break... It's really bothering me to have no news at all

Will make it all the more exciting when we do get real news 😁

33 minutes ago, Alf said:

I'm fine with them not doing anything. It would be cool if Billie did more of this side projects thing he's started.

42 minutes ago, Alf said:

Well, yeah. If they had called it quits, it would have rocked the entire music world. Every music journalist worth their salt would be scrambling for information to report on, so of course we would have more to read about.

Sorry it bothers you, but less time has passed from their last album to this day, than did the time between Nimrod and Warning. I can't imagine what this place would be like sometimes if it were a Tool fan community.

34 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Well, yeah. If they had called it quits, it would have rocked the entire music world. Every music journalist worth their salt would be scrambling for information to report on, so of course we would have more to read about.

Sorry it bothers you, but less time has passed from their last album to this day, than did the time between Nimrod and Warning. I can't imagine what this place would be like sometimes if it were a Tool fan community.

yep, but between the end of Nimrod and the release of Warning we got o few shows in 1999 and a warped tour, so it's not the same thing. We are since November 2017 with almost none information about Green Day. Some mistery is really cool, just like when he dropped the partnership with Norah from out of the Blue, but right now, it will be better to build a hype around their next move if they start droping some clues for the fans and the press spread the message.

Plus, I've been following them since nimrod days, the guys never been so quiet..

41 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I'm fine with them not doing anything. It would be cool if Billie did more of this side projects thing he's started.

Side projest are at least something, I would be cool if the Longshot tour had been longer

Well I heard somewhere that this summer will be about Green Day. So I guess they're not gonna be quiet anymore !

2 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Well I heard somewhere that this summer will be about Green Day. So I guess they're not gonna be quiet anymore !

Yes, I've been following the thread since the beginning... I just woke up frustrated today

Green Day may have been quiet since the tour ended in November 2017 but since that time we’ve had two side bands (Coverups and Longshot), multiple Coverups live shows, a Longshot album, a bunch of Longshot eps and bonus tracks, two tours (one big, one small), a Green Day greatest hits release, a bonus track and music video (Back in the USA) and a Longshot music video. And during that time they have written and recorded a Green Day album we just haven’t heard yet. Not bad for less than two years’ time. 

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Green Day may have been quiet since the tour ended in November 2017 but since that time we’ve had two side bands (Coverups and Longshot), multiple Coverups live shows, a Longshot album, a bunch of Longshot eps and bonus tracks, two tours (one big, one small), a Green Day greatest hits release, a bonus track and music video (Back in the USA) and a Longshot music video. And during that time they have written and recorded a Green Day album we just haven’t heard yet. Not bad for less than two years’ time. 

We got Dead Mermaids too, but most of this things happened last year... they've been radio silent in 2019, despite the longshot earlier this month.

And I am not saying they did nothing else with Green Day, what I am saying is that they're not sharing any shit lately and somewhat this bothered me more than usual TODAY. I know they nest album is on the way (and I really hope it is)

17 minutes ago, Alf said:

yep, but between the end of Nimrod and the release of Warning we got o few shows in 1999 and a warped tour, so it's not the same thing. We are since November 2017 with almost none information about Green Day. Some mistery is really cool, just like when he dropped the partnership with Norah from out of the Blue, but right now, it will be better to build a hype around their next move if they start droping some clues for the fans and the press spread the message.

Plus, I've been following them since nimrod days, the guys never been so quiet..

Side projest are at least something, I would be cool if the Longshot tour had been longer

Ok, so you're frustrated that there's been no big Green Day news in 19 months.

I'd love to hear something about this upcoming album too. The fact that there's been nothing concrete to go on is unfortunate, but we are by no means entitled to anything. The idea that there will be something in every pair of our grubby little hands by year's end is enough to bring a smile to my face. Your mileage may vary.

4 minutes ago, Alf said:

And I am not saying they did nothing else with Green Day, what I am saying is that they're not sharing any shit lately and somewhat this bothered me more than usual TODAY. I know they nest album is on the way (and I really hope it is)

This may be a function of their new management for all we know. They may have a promotion plan that involves keeping quiet until they decide it’s time.

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived