Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

The leaks may not be true but Matt still implied we are getting an album this year so I'm not worried about waiting much longer

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently some people on here have a hard time with the concept of sarcasm.

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

Oh man, a wait of Idiot to Breakdown proportions!   or longer!  

If the next album is not released by May 28th, 2021, this will be the longest gap between albums at 4 years, 7 months and 28 days minimum!  

Yikes!  

and you're saying June 23rd, 2023!  You're talking nearly 7 years between Revolution Radio and GREEN DAY 13!  That's some Offspring-style bullcrap right there.  

Offspring style bullcrap :lol: I hope to fuck that they don't wait until 2023. Also you have this down to a science and I'm impressed :lol: 

Cant wait for them to pull an Offspring and release the lead single off their new album and then reveal their new album would come out in 5-6 years :D

10 minutes ago, Doggins said:

New album is out tomorrow

Check your sources, it was already released yesterday

While we're talking about Offspring levels of bullcrap (concerning album wait times), here's something.  

They usually release albums the same years as Green Day, and their new one is supposedly going to be released in "fall" of this year.

That's something, right? 

Break in the sarcasm here. The Longshot tour was very short. Billie loves it but didn’t expand it to other areas of the country, and the other 3 guys don’t have anything going on right now that would have prevented further touring.  Does that maybe point to Green Day actively working on something now, and/or maybe something happening in July?  Just a glimmer of hope there that I had forgotten about.

17 hours ago, Joe. said:

Wasn’t an attack boss just saying that’s an alternative as you appeared “infuriated” at this thread :) 

thats fair mate, think I'm just used to people falling out on here over the last few weeks that I went into battle mode haha. To be honest I made that comment in jest. People can speculate as much as they want, whether it be withsupported evidence or just blind hope.

We've all had our picks for what the new record should sound like (I'd always be grateful for an Idiot/Warning amalgamation if it has to sound like something prior), but what would be the WORST combination of albums in your opinion?  

Would a Tre /Nimrod sound make you sick?

Does the thought of a Kerplunk / Breakdown style anger you?

What could Green Day do to absolutely bring all the worst elements together for a REALLY bad album?  

51 minutes ago, That Dude said:

We've all had our picks for what the new record should sound like (I'd always be grateful for an Idiot/Warning amalgamation if it has to sound like something prior), but what would be the WORST combination of albums in your opinion?  

What could Green Day do to absolutely bring all the worst elements together for a REALLY bad album?  

The worst would be revrad cause its too dull and too safe. 

53 minutes ago, That Dude said:

13 songs about lady cobra + a weird voice filter.

3 minutes ago, ¡Nunes! said:

13 songs about lady cobra + a weird voice filter.

I agree, 13 songs isn't near enough to cover how amazing it is to party with Lady Cobra at night.  

50 songs featuring Lady Cobra would be great, but 13 would just make me angry.   

For me to answer my own question though, I would not want a new album that sounds like a combination of 1039 and Kerplunk.   Do not want that sound at all.  

Its a weird coincidence that in 2016 Blink, Sum-41, and Green Day all released albums.

Now its 2019 and Blink, Sum-41, and Green Day are all releasing albums :P With Offspring too

Back on topic i still want a nimrod-ish sound if they want to do experimental stuff where its still rock/punk at its core, but adding onto it with the new elements.

If they go for a semi safe pure rock thing i like the big feeling of 21CB and that could be cool.

Style wise i want trilogy again? Meaning there's not  much of an overarcing theme or message its just 12 songs they liked and are fun and such with varying themes.

3 minutes ago, Jirachi said:

Its a weird coincidence that in 2016 Blink, Sum-41, and Green Day all released albums.

Now its 2019 and Blink, Sum-41, and Green Day are all releasing albums :P With Offspring too

Back on topic i still want a nimrod-ish sound if they want to do experimental stuff where its still rock/punk at its core, but adding onto it with the new elements.

If they go for a semi safe pure rock thing i like the big feeling of 21CB and that could be cool.

Style wise i want trilogy again? Meaning there's not  much of an overarcing theme or message its just 12 songs they liked and are fun and such with varying themes.

I loved the Trilogy but there are fans that said the guitars sounded too clean. Imagine a harder punk rock sounding album with heavier guitars and little to no voice filters on Billie!

23 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I loved the Trilogy but there are fans that said the guitars sounded too clean. Imagine a harder punk rock sounding album with heavier guitars and little to no voice filters on Billie!

I just meant the writing style of 12 songs that have varied meanings/lyrical style and stuff as opposed to 12 political songs or 12 love songs and such :) Not the actual instrumental style.

5 hours ago, That Dude said:

The worst combo. Well, definitely has to be Insomniac + Dos. Maybe even burning up the instruments and the studio so that the next album would be on fire! :D 

54 minutes ago, Jirachi said:

It does seem as if the Pop-Punk bands all sort of "activate" around the same time.  Not sure what the reason for that is, but it's my kind of music and it's a heck of a time to be a fan!  

Green Day always have the biggest anticipation, for me at least.  The Offspring are really chapping my hide at this point.  What the heck is going on with them?   

The Offspring have kind of slowed down in recent years. They've only been working on this upcoming album at their leisure; it seems like more of their overall focus is on touring.

But after 7 long years, it seems we'll finally be getting a new LP from the 'spring. Jimmy Eat World is also readying a new album for this year, with their last one in 2016 as well.

End of thread hijack. Big yay for new Green Day music in MMXIX.

Big offspring fan, cant believe I might get a new album from them and green day in the same year...

On a side note, I'm probably alone on this one, but i just found out today BJA was the lead actor in a movie, Ordinary World...🤷‍♂️

oh damn, there's going to be a new album? I wouldn't know because I'm relatively new to green day but I hope it's like dookie or insomniac and not like nimrod or something I don't want green day's music to change like fall out boy's did or panic at the disco's did 

44 minutes ago, cryogenic said:

oh damn, there's going to be a new album? I wouldn't know because I'm relatively new to green day but I hope it's like dookie or insomniac and not like nimrod or something I don't want green day's music to change like fall out boy's did or panic at the disco's did 

Hate to break it to you, but Dookie was written when the guys were in their early 20's. Now they're aproaching 50. If I can promise you anything, this new record won't sound anything like Dookie. If Green Day was capable of making another Dookie, they would have done so by now. Their lives are in totally different places now than they were back in 93. Now that doesn't mean the new album won't be good, I always find myself happily surprised with their new music, but you have to go into it with an open mind! I suggest you listen to Uno, Dos, Tre, and Revolution Radio (and "Back in the USA" off their new greatest hits album) to get an idea of the sound Green Day has been building over the past few years. 

16 minutes ago, Todd said:

If Green Day was capable of making another Dookie, they would have done so by now.

I’m pretty sure they’re 100% capable of making another chart topper like Dookie. If they did though, it’d only please the 90’s kids that only heard the Dookie singles (And that’s even if they’ll hear them at all.) The band probably wouldn’t even be proud of it because it’d feel forced.

4 hours ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

I’m pretty sure they’re 100% capable of making another chart topper like Dookie. If they did though, it’d only please the 90’s kids that only heard the Dookie singles (And that’s even if they’ll hear them at all.) The band probably wouldn’t even be proud of it because it’d feel forced.

I think Dookie was so good and successful because of its authenticity and  freshness. GD forcing themselves to produce a new Dookie in 2019 (in terms of both music and lyrics) would not be authentic, nor fresh, and for these reasons I doubt they would be able to top charts with something similar. 

4 hours ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

I’m pretty sure they’re 100% capable of making another chart topper 

Not so sure about that. Not based on what has been released post 21st CB anyway. 

I do think they’ve got the potential to write some really interesting and great songs, which is why I want them to work with a producer that pushes themselves to focus on different aspects of their songwriting. A Josh Homme-type would be amazing.

But the focus of the boys doesn’t really appear to be that focused on chart success and I don’t think it would come from another RevRad, or going in a pop direction.

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived