Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

54 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

+44 showed me that Mark is stuck in the same songwriting style and unwilling to try new things. New Blink continued this pattern.

What? It’s totally different than blink. He never got that dark or electronic with blink and never seemed interested in doing so. Only argument for the darkness I can see is Fighting the Gravity which seems like a try at weird for the sake of weird.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is there a blink thread forming on the days new album thread

17 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

Why is there a blink thread forming on the days new album thread

Because there is absolutely nothing to talk about regarding a new Green Day album. 

Rumors have said we’d get a single in June. Well it’s already June 21st and I think we would’ve had an announcement by now. At this point, I think maybe late July, early August at the latest. What do you guys think?

9 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Rumors have said we’d get a single in June. Well it’s already June 21st and I think we would’ve had an announcement by now. At this point, I think maybe late July, early August at the latest. What do you guys think?

Ima say Late August, 2020

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

What rumors? There has been nothing even remotely plausible.

There will be nothing this month.

I don't want to continue the Blink discussion but you are high off your ass if you think Matt Skiba is less talented than Tom Delonge

I'm very surprised no one has yet posted in this shitshow of a thread that Billies latest selfie with a green mug must be a sign that the new album is coming :P

1 hour ago, RedundantIdiot said:

I'm very surprised no one has yet posted in this shitshow of a thread that Billies latest selfie with a green mug must be a sign that the new album is coming :P

Yeah, and it will somewhere have ‘Green’, either in the title or..... no, wait.... 😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, RedundantIdiot said:

The mug of a man who’s ready to tell us something very exciting! 

Thank you Matt for telling us there'll be nothing this month, it would've gotten quite infuriating waking up every day to the same people saying "today could be the day!" 

The new rule I'm going by is that nothing is imminant until the Green Day Twitter account becomes active again.

36 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

Thank you Matt for telling us there'll be nothing this month, it would've gotten quite infuriating waking up every day to the same people saying "today could be the day!" 

The new rule I'm going by is that nothing is imminant until the Green Day Twitter account becomes active again.

Stick it on notifications then job done if you don’t want to wade through speculation

2 hours ago, Joe. said:

Stick it on notifications then job done if you don’t want to wade through speculation

In what part of my post did I say I didn't enjoy speculation?

If I didn't I wouldn't have wasted my time reading the last 100 pages over the last weeks

6 hours ago, Matt. said:

What rumors? There has been nothing even remotely plausible.

There will be nothing this month.

yeah and you still didnt say "hi" to me... cant you just make me happy? 

8 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

Anybody put their nimrod CD in a blender yet?

They must be scattered and uptight. 

10 hours ago, Ross_19 said:

In what part of my post did I say I didn't enjoy speculation?

If I didn't I wouldn't have wasted my time reading the last 100 pages over the last weeks

Wasn’t an attack boss just saying that’s an alternative as you appeared “infuriated” at this thread :) 

Something this summer, which ends September 23rd.

I'm calling it now: album out September 22nd, it'll be another rock opera, sponsored by Amazon to accompany their Lord of the Rings series, hence being released on the day of Bilbo and Frodo Baggins' birthday.

1 hour ago, cav9mm said:

Part of me thinks it would be funny if Green Day didn’t release an album for another 4 years . 

Part of me wants to kill you for saying that. 😆

1 hour ago, cav9mm said:

Part of me thinks it would be funny if Green Day didn’t release an album for another 4 years . 

Oh man, a wait of Idiot to Breakdown proportions!   or longer!  

If the next album is not released by May 28th, 2021, this will be the longest gap between albums at 4 years, 7 months and 28 days minimum!  

Yikes!  

and you're saying June 23rd, 2023!  You're talking nearly 7 years between Revolution Radio and GREEN DAY 13!  That's some Offspring-style bullcrap right there.  

11 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Oh man, a wait of Idiot to Breakdown proportions!   or longer!  

If the next album is not released by May 28th, 2021, this will be the longest gap between albums at 4 years, 7 months and 28 days minimum!  

Yikes!  

and you're saying June 23rd, 2023!  You're talking nearly 7 years between Revolution Radio and GREEN DAY 13!  That's some Offspring-style bullcrap right there.  

Yeah but the recording sessions for this new album, as far as we know, supposedly started in February and finished up in April. And if that’s the case, I’m sure they’re now planning for the tour, talking to the label about possible release dates, music reviewers are probably in the studio hearing the album for the first time. How long does this process usually take before the first announcement?

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived