Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

Just now, Matt. said:

That would imply the account is trolling.

๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŽธ๐ŸŽถ

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Matt. said:

That would imply the account is trolling.

You should play the Riddler in the next Batman movie.

When this is all over and the album is out, I want a Matt documentary to be made about his role in this era and the trials and tribulations of being a known insider.

3 minutes ago, Jrem said:

When this is all over and the album is out, I want a Matt documentary to be made about his role in this era and the trials and tribulations of being a known insider.

Hosted by Cash Mahoy

I just want to know how soon GD things are starting because if nothing is coming out this summer then it's going to be torture constantly checking in on here.

2 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I just want to know how soon GD things are starting because if nothing is coming out this summer then it's going to be torture constantly checking in on here.

Matt said Green Day is the focus of the summer

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

Matt said Green Day is the focus of the summer

Billie Joe's focus. That could mean band practice, finishing up the album, etc.

Just now, DookieLukie said:

Billie Joe's focus. That could mean band practice, finishing up the album, etc.

If we go by the SongsForAssholes IG, even though itโ€™s private, we could see activity in March and April, most likely when the album was finished

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

If we go by the SongsForAssholes IG, even though itโ€™s private, we could see activity in March and April, most likely when the album was finished

So picking out artwork, planning tour, etc. Summer dedicated to GD doesn't mean stuff we see.

Soย based on @Matt.'s responses, seems the new leak is at least partially correct.

6 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

So picking out artwork, planning tour, etc. Summer dedicated to GD doesn't mean stuff we see.

For all we know, it could mean July preparation, planning, practice, August single, September album

27 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Soย based on @Matt.'s responses, seems the new leak is at least partially correct.

So this is the information that was"leaked"ย 

ย 

>Self titled album
>final track is called โ€œHow The West Was Wonโ€
>expect first single before the end of juneย 
>21 songsย 
>no this isnโ€™t going to be a fucking pop album

ย 

-I don't see Green Day releasing a self titled album at this point, no other reason than I just don't see them doing itย  I'm going to have to say the first bullet isnt true

-How the west was one could be a song written by BJA I wouldn't be surprised. But I doubt this is true because I don't think this leak is true. If any of it's right like Matt is implying, then it's because of coincidence.

-Expecting a single before June seems plausible to me for sure. Timelines line up, and green day is the focus of the summer appearently, so yeah this is totally possible (please.)

-21 songs is A LOT of music for one album. That's nearly double the songs green day puts out on average. I don't see them doing this because I think they've learned from the trilogy.

-Yeah I don't see them recording a straight pop album. Could be poppy but won't be straight up popย 

So basically I believe that the first single will be out before June is over and that this won't be a straight pop album. I think the "leaker" got those right by coincidence and not that he knows anything.

23 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

So this is the information that was"leaked"ย 

ย 

>Self titled album
>final track is called โ€œHow The West Was Wonโ€
>expect first single before the end of juneย 
>21 songsย 
>no this isnโ€™t going to be a fucking pop album

ย 

-I don't see Green Day releasing a self titled album at this point, no other reason than I just don't see them doing itย  I'm going to have to say the first bullet isnt true

-How the west was one could be a song written by BJA I wouldn't be surprised. But I doubt this is true because I don't think this leak is true. If any of it's right like Matt is implying, then it's because of coincidence.

-Expecting a single before June seems plausible to me for sure. Timelines line up, and green day is the focus of the summer appearently, so yeah this is totally possible (please.)

-21 songs is A LOT of music for one album. That's nearly double the songs green day puts out on average. I don't see them doing this because I think they've learned from the trilogy.

-Yeah I don't see them recording a straight pop album. Could be poppy but won't be straight up popย 

So basically I believe that the first single will be out before June is over and that this won't be a straight pop album. I think the "leaker" got those right by coincidence and not that he knows anything.

The deluxe edition of 21st was 21 tracksย 

9 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

The deluxe edition of 21st was 21 tracks

That's the deluxe edition tho

I remember @LaughingClockย saying a long time ago that Billie had reached a point in life where he was writing more than ever before and wanted to put out music faster than before. Maybe 21 tracks is the result of that.

Another 4chan "leak" with a different story...

http://boards.4channel.org/mu/thread/88411632/green-day-new-album

4 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I remember @LaughingClockย saying a long time ago that Billie had reached a point in life where he was writing more than ever before and wanted to put out music faster than before. Maybe 21 tracks is the result of that.

Another 4chan "leak" with a different story...

http://boards.4channel.org/mu/thread/88411632/green-day-new-album

It's all fake

1 minute ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

It's all fake

It's just crazy that people on 4chan care about GD so much to keep posting these different stories.

13 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

It's just crazy that people on 4chan care about GD so much to keep posting these different stories.

Like I said it's obvious that's it's people off this forum who are doing it every one wants their 15 seconds of fame

9 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Like I said it's obvious that's it's people off this forum who are doing it every one wants their 15 seconds of fame

Matt did hint that the 21 songs one had some truth to it. He never commented on any of the other 4chan leaks.

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

Matt did hint that the 21 songs one had some truth to it. He never commented on any of the other 4chan leaks.

Probably the whole it won't be poppy tidbit, something anyone could have guessed

40 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I think 3 albums in 4 months will be difficult to beatย ๐Ÿคฃ

Despite the rumours/leaks, I wouldn't be surprised if the album is released in the last quarter of 2019.ย 

Rob Thomas finished his latest album around October 2018 (recorded, mastered, everything)ย and it wasn't released until April 2019. Coincidentally it was also produced by Butch Walker. So if GD only finished in May (unconfirmed) then we could be waiting until November.

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived