Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

19 minutes ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

This just in: Jason White is now known as J Sin Black and from now on will be playing all of his parts through a heavily distorted BC Rich Warlock tuned super low.

That'd be cool.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, DadBod said:

This! 

Also, @DookieLukie, I’m not getting into a keyboard pissing match with you about what I choose to believe or not believe from a stranger on here (gdc staff or not). 

Just because Butch posted a pic of a drum set and mentioned Phil Collins in the caption doesn’t mean he is working with him. 

I never challenged you to a "keyboard pissing match" nor did I even bring up your name. I have no idea what you're talking about.

4 hours ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

This just in: Jason White is now known as J Sin Black and from now on will be playing all of his parts through a heavily distorted BC Rich Warlock tuned super low.

Can he please be the lead singer as well?  And let Mike and Tre sing on a bunch of songs too, but NOT Billie because he' sang on a bunch already.   

36 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Can he please be the lead singer as well?  And let Mike and Tre sing on a bunch of songs too, but NOT Billie because he' sang on a bunch already.   

I can't actually tell if you're serious or not 🤔

12 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I can't actually tell if you're serious or not 🤔

I am ALWAYS serious about getting some more vocals from Mike, Tre and Jason. 

"Nobody Likes You" - masterpiece

"American Eulogy" - masterpiece

"Like a Rat Does Cheese"  -masterpiece

there's a pattern here, and ain't Billie Joe.  

But seriously (I was kind of kidding about "Rat"), Mike has written some of my favorite tracks of all time.   "Haha You're Dead" - masterpiece

That one line he said on the trilogy - brilliant.  

43 minutes ago, That Dude said:

But seriously (I was kind of kidding about "Rat"), Mike has written some of my favorite tracks of all time.   "Haha You're Dead" - masterpiece

“We’ll I don’t wanna be an imbecile, but Jesus made me that waaaaay!!!”

You also forgot Tré’s Rock and Roll Girlfriend

And Jason White put out a solo single 5 years ago

41 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Don't forget Jason's singing in pinhead gunpowder

the world needs a new PHGP ep about now. i had my fingers crossed we'd get a bit of activity during this between album period.

9 hours ago, That Dude said:

I'm all for giving other band members vocal parts but Billie not doing vocals? Idk about that

22 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

“We’ll I don’t wanna be an imbecile, but Jesus made me that waaaaay!!!”

You also forgot Tré’s Rock and Roll Girlfriend

And Jason White put out a solo single 5 years ago

I didn't mention those, but I didn't forget them to be sure!  I absolutely loved "Hungover" by Jason White and am a HUGE Pinhead Gunpowder fan.

On the topic of Next Album Anticipation.... So maybe an album full of Mike/Tre/Jason vocals is NEVER going to happen (aaaaaaaaaaaagh), but maybe a song where at least Billie and Mike are trading off fast paced lines would be cool.   Think "American Eulogy" but with dueling vocals.  Possibly get Tre in there too.  I won't be greedy and ask for The Big Three to join in, but if that were possible.....

I really do hope there is at least a line or two sang by someone other than Billie.   It's time.  Kerplunk, Dookie, Idiot, Breakdown and Tre all had non-Billie vocals so it's not out of the question.   

I wonder if Mike and Tre write music in their downtime, or if they mostly stick to keeping sharp on their instruments.  

6 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I didn't mention those, but I didn't forget them to be sure!  I absolutely loved "Hungover" by Jason White and am a HUGE Pinhead Gunpowder fan.

On the topic of Next Album Anticipation.... So maybe an album full of Mike/Tre/Jason vocals is NEVER going to happen (aaaaaaaaaaaagh), but maybe a song where at least Billie and Mike are trading off fast paced lines would be cool.   Think "American Eulogy" but with dueling vocals.  Possibly get Tre in there too.  I won't be greedy and ask for The Big Three to join in, but if that were possible.....

I really do hope there is at least a line or two sang by someone other than Billie.   It's time.  Kerplunk, Dookie, Idiot, Breakdown and Tre all had non-Billie vocals so it's not out of the question.   

I wonder if Mike and Tre write music in their downtime, or if they mostly stick to keeping sharp on their instruments.  

Tré isn’t much of a songwriter. Out of him, you’d get an album of All By Myselfs!!!

When you Google "Green Day leak 4chan" the 3rd link, dated 5/25/19, is titled "Green Day leak: concept album coming soon." When you click the link, a 404 error comes up.

11 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

When you Google "Green Day leak 4chan" the 3rd link, dated 5/25/19, is titled "Green Day leak: concept album coming soon." When you click the link, a 404 error comes up.

Wow! So maybe Green Day caught wind of it and had it removed!!! Hopefully someone on here got a screenshot of it before it was removed!!!

Or maybe the post was so shit that even a shithole like 4chan felt the need to remove it. Even troll communities need to maintain some kind of quality assurance 31.gif

You know what would be cool? A fantasy concept album with like Wizards, dragons, monsters, and shit like that. Would be crazy for Green Day to do but I'd love to see BJ possibly create a world and tell a story in it. Hell you can still put politics and personal stories in it but you just gotta include those in non direct ways.

What do you guys think?

8 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

You know what would be cool? A fantasy concept album with like Wizards, dragons, monsters, and shit like that. Would be crazy for Green Day to do but I'd love to see BJ possibly create a world and tell a story in it. Hell you can still put politics and personal stories in it but you just gotta include those in non direct ways.

What do you guys think?

The where’s Waldo concept album would be more punk

38 minutes ago, J a c said:

The where’s Waldo concept album would be more punk

Why can't it be a punk fantasy concept album? 🤔

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I can't have an opinion on it unless Billie tells us his opinion on the GoT finale :lol:

He thought the GoT finale sucked, just like everyone else. Now what does that tell you 

11 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Why can't it be a punk fantasy concept album? 🤔

Fantasy is a land of metal, distopian futures and sci-fi are for punk. As long as it does not turn into Angels and Airwaves, for God’s sake. 

3 minutes ago, Adorkable said:

He thought the GoT finale sucked, just like everyone else. Now what does that tell you 

That he's more qualified to create a fantasy story than D&D.

I don't watch GoT but would be funny if the album title was the biggest spoiler from the finale 

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived