Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish that there was some way for me to see these small shows, but I'm in South Carolina....absolutely no way to make it.  

About the the small shows I'll never attend though....how cool would it be if they were in a small venue, small crowd and just did a huge Green Day concert!  The whole works but smaller.  Very cool.  Anyway.  Why is everybody so angry?  It's the heat isn't it?  It's crazy hot and it's making everyone crazy.   

Stay cool.  Green Day music coming within 4 years, I bet on your money money on it!

3 hours ago, Matt. said:

Update for everyone: My source confused some information and the “thing” for this week was actually the new Dead Sound record, not something else (which I won’t mention in an effort to not cause any further speculation and hype).

I apologize for misleading anyone with what turned out to be false information regarding something different happening this week; that was obviously not my intent. I know some here will be upset and call me a liar but that’s the name of the game when trying to share nth-hand information. I’d rather admit I had something wrong than not say anything at all because, despite some beliefs, I’m an honest person.

Still looking forward to a great summer of Green Day build up.

No worries man, we all make mistakes. This is truly an exciting time for all of us

Getting back to the album, the sessions are said to have been from February through April. And now we’re into June. How long do they usually take after recording sessions to announce the albums?

Matt hey man mistakes happen bro don't worry 💯💯👊

But if you fucking cross us again I will fucking find you and FUCK YOU UP. Your going to have to call the fucking United Nations and get a fucking binding resolution to keep me from fucking destroying you.

(Before any one freaks out in joking..or am I?)

On 6/5/2019 at 10:28 PM, J a c said:

Well, while we wait for something to (not) happen, the new Dead Sound (Bill Schneider’s band) record sounds really good, you should check it out. *Off topic but not as much as the astronomical summer discussion*

Can I get an insider badge now? 20.gif

I get it everyone wants to believe Matt is an insider because he’s a mod, but more than likely he’s just reading the tea leaves like all of us. And that is great. It is exciting that we don’t know the next Green Day era - but let’s embrace that and try to enjoy them for what they are and get excited for new risks and chances. 

Do I believe Matt has much more info available than us? No. And that’s probably what you all should take him as. A Green Day Superfan that reads the tea leaves better than most of us do. We should respect him for his fandom, but once again - it’s pretty crazy to believe he has more info than us. It’s been proven time and time againthat he doesn’t, but more that he interprets better than us, and that’s what makes him a great part of our community

1 hour ago, Jankowski576 said:

Do I believe Matt has much more info available than us? No. And that’s probably what you all should take him as. A Green Day Superfan that reads the tea leaves better than most of us do. We should respect him for his fandom, but once again - it’s pretty crazy to believe he has more info than us. It’s been proven time and time againthat he doesn’t, but more that he interprets better than us, and that’s what makes him a great part of our community

I don't really get why it would be "crazy" to believe that some people on this site has more information than others. To me it seems more likely than not tbh. 

And another thing I don't get is why people find it necessary to try to prove people they don't know as a bluffer. I personally find it a bit off.

It's not necessary to turn this into a piss context about who has more information in the first place. Clearly we are all guessing anyway.

I'm not going to lie, it's nice to be right as I suppose it's estabilished now that there won't be an announcement or a single this week. So at least I'm not disappointed. But hey, I'd be happy to be wrong. Guesses are guesses and we're talking about a band. It's not like this is super important or that any of us can back our guesses up with proof, so any right or wrong is always a matter of luck. Let's just have fun. :drinks:

GDA is one of the largest GD fansites and as Matt is not a mod but a GDA staff member and knowing how labels and management work they do keep in contact with sites so it’s not impossible for people like Fuzz and Matt and the higher up GDA staff to have contact with people in the know 

This thread has been a touch of excitement, often funny, but too often draining with the "insider" drama.
The rumour being a dud is just the perfect comedic ending to this dramatic arc of the new album story.
I liked it, good job everyone. :thumbsup:

When the next somewhat credible rumour pops up, remember that rumours are often a game of telephone and even when they come from a reliable source there's no telling what you're going to get. Just enjoy the ride with a liiittle less drama.

6 hours ago, Jankowski576 said:

I get it everyone wants to believe Matt is an insider because he’s a mod, but more than likely he’s just reading the tea leaves like all of us. And that is great. It is exciting that we don’t know the next Green Day era - but let’s embrace that and try to enjoy them for what they are and get excited for new risks and chances. 

GDA staff have had contact with the band's people over the years as one of the biggest unofficial fansites. As well as various members of staff meeting/being in contact with various people in the GD world who might have more knowledge than the average fan. I don't have any contacts or places to get extra info but some of the GDA peeps do (eg Matt). Like, in the past they've been in regular contact with representatives of the band, and representatives of the band have posted on here. This has all been common knowledge, the idea that people from GDA would make stuff up or pretend to be an "insider" when they're not is new (and kind of amusing :lol:). To my knowledge no one who runs the site has ever posted any hints or info that they didn't believe to be reliable, that just isn't how anyone on the team operates.

6 minutes ago, Hermione said:

GDA staff have had contact with the band's people over the years as one of the biggest unofficial fansites. As well as various members of staff meeting/being in contact with various people in the GD world who might have more knowledge than the average fan. I don't have any contacts or places to get extra info but some of the GDA peeps do (eg Matt). Like, in the past they've been in regular contact with representatives of the band, and representatives of the band have posted on here. This has all been common knowledge, the idea that people from GDA would make stuff up or pretend to be an "insider" when they're not is new (and kind of amusing :lol:). To my knowledge no one who runs the site has ever posted any hints or info that they didn't believe to be reliable, that just isn't how anyone on the team operates.

I wonder if Billie, Mike, or Tré themselves have ever posted on here anonymously

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

I wonder if Billie, Mike, or Tré themselves have ever posted on here anonymously

Maybe they're Matt ;)

Also I'm not trying to be like yeah people from GDA are super insiders and know more than you lol. I don't even know the details about this stuff, what sources of info anyone has or how much/how often they hear about anything etc. Most of the time probably no one knows more about what's going on than anyone else and wouldn't claim to. I just know people on the GDA team are trustworthy.

4 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I'm not going to lie, it's nice to be right as I suppose it's estabilished now that there won't be an announcement or a single this week.

I never said it would be Green Day related, so if you thought it would be, that’s you twisting my words. But hey, I’m glad you were right all along 🙄

8 minutes ago, Matt. said:

I never said it would be Green Day related, so if you thought it would be, that’s you twisting my words. But hey, I’m glad you were right all along 🙄

No, I didn't think it would be Green Day related...anyway, thank you!

16 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Yeah I remember you said, it’s not what we’re expecting but a single nonetheless. Then you said something along the lines of Green Day being the focus of the summer. I guess it’s mostly our fault, reading too much into the hype

So @Matt. It wasn't  what we thought it was, that's okay. But you did green day would be the focus for the summer, is that untrue too?

10 minutes ago, Jinxs said:

So @Matt. It wasn't  what we thought it was, that's okay. But you did green day would be the focus for the summer, is that untrue too?

What I understand is

Green Day will be the focus for the summer. And we're gonna have a single. Probably June 21st 😂😂

So Matt didn't lie. 

4 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

What I understand is

Green Day will be the focus for the summer. And we're gonna have a single. Probably June 21st 😂😂

You don’t understand.

Green Day, will be the focus of the summer, after the Longshot/Coverups stuff is a wrap. Beginning in late June or early July- would that be more accurate?

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived