Verycool99

Next Album Anticipation Thread

Austrian_Insomniac
1 minute ago, petros said:

Wow Matt's a celebrity now! 

can u say hi too me too? for me is everyone here special

petros
1 minute ago, kripack said:

Wow, reading this thread is like a guilty pleasure. I don’t care anymore, if there is in fact any announcement planed. I don’t care if it will be Green Day new single, or The longshot new album, or The Network surprise show. This thread is a treat on it’s own! I just love this time of anticipation, people going crazy with predictions and trolling and arguing. This is great. I missed this. Just reading all this makes me genuinely happy. 

Thank you! The build up is always the best period. The trilogy one was so awesome. They kept releasing those little teases plus I was in bed for months back then because of an accident and those updates where the only thing I had to wait for all these months. The overanalyzing of the little hints we got was awesome. 

• Like 3

Ross_19
3 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Same! I’ve always longed for acoustic versions of Green Day songs but they never do them, which sucks. They’d be an easy thing to do while doing promo visits to radio stations and things like that.

Or they could even do what Rise Against and Alkaline Trio did and do an album of greatest hits re-worked in accoustic form. Doesn't really seem like something they would do though

• Like 1

petros
3 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

can u say hi too me too? for me is everyone here special

Awwww:wub::wub:

• Love 1

Joe.
8 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

I wonder if Crush will in any way change how they arrange their touring. I don't want to come across as a moaner cause the amount of shows on the RevRad tour was fine and I got to see them three times, but I found the arrangement of shows here in the UK a little odd. Like there was no shows around the album launch, just three in February and then Hyde Park in July along with a couple headline shows elsewehre. Looking back on how they did the tours for AI and 21st CB, I was a little surprised they didn't do either two nights at one venue or more locations as well as the ones they did. 

Their last run of UK dates was so weird

Ross_19
9 minutes ago, petros said:

What do you do with your posts? I may be the only one noticing since nobody is using the white theme but me but they always have a black background. 

No idea why that is the case haha. I just select the text box and type. Maybe I accidently selected something at some point, not a clue, but they look fine on my screen

petros
6 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

No idea why that is the case haha. I just select the text box and type. Maybe I accidently selected something at some point, not a clue, but they look fine on my screen

Haha this one turned out fine while your last one was black :lol: I don't even know

jengd
6 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That was so sweet of her. I know she gave him a ton of support at the time. She makes the song sound so sad that way it’s weird it feels like a eulogy 😢. Now I know what his funeral will be like. 

Couldn't decide whether to go ❤️or 😂 but I agree.  

• Like 2

DadBod

This reminds me of Taking Back Sunday's version of "She". I find it beautiful. It's on Spotify under the "Green Day: The Early Years" series. 

Edit: found a video of them playing it live in 2017.

Billie Hoe
29 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Now I know what his funeral will be like. 

Mark Chapman on johnlennoncommunity.org, 1980.

• Haha 4

Beerjeezus

Alanis Morrisette did a great job with Basket Case. The lyrics really stood out in her version. I also like Florence and The Machine's cover of Nimrod. If you enjoyed Alanis, you'll probably like them too.

• Like 4

DeJennsitized
48 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That was so sweet of her. I know she gave him a ton of support at the time. She makes the song sound so sad that way it’s weird it feels like a eulogy 😢. Now I know what his funeral will be like. 

61947619_703891986710111_462055061617796

• Like 2

Little Boy Named Airplane
6 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Alanis Morrisette did a great job with Basket Case. The lyrics really stood out in her version. I also like Florence and The Machine's cover of Nimrod. If you enjoyed Alanis, you'll probably like them too.

Yeah their cover of The Grouch is amazing!

• Like 2

Jrem

https://youtu.be/aGKn-0A_mTY

An album of something like this would be amazing. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Im.a.basket.case
1 hour ago, Wretched & Divine said:

They honestly take on such a different meaning when they're acoustic. Do you guys remember they were supposed to perform on Fallon or something during Trilogy promo, but Billie went to rehab and they brought in Alanis Morissette last minute? She covered Basket Case and I still ugly cry every time I watch the performance. Just imagine Billie singing it in that style?

ETA:

Never knew this existed, I'll never hear Basket Case the same way...sad stuff, anxiety sux.

jengd
1 hour ago, Wretched & Divine said:

Just imagine Billie singing it in that style?

I would love to hear and see it but not sure I could bear it 😭

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Daddy.
2 hours ago, Joe. said:

Their last run of UK dates was so weird

That Glasgow show shouldn't have been cancelled smh.

RedundantIdiot

I hope they appear on more TV shows for this album than what they did to promote Rev Rad. They didn't do any of the main talk shows in the UK last time which was surprising, so hopefully they will this time (I.e Graham Norton). The promotion of the album here was strange as it was mainly radio stations that they visited- the UK is one of their biggest fan bases outside of North America. 

As for a possible Carpool Karaoke, I can imagine GD in the car with the puppets :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

MillenniumFan
5 minutes ago, Daddy. said:

That Glasgow show shouldn't have been cancelled smh.

Well, I would rephrase: their subcontractor shouldn't have f***ed up so much, that the stage setup was too unsafe to operate and they HAD to cancel for safety reasons...

• Like 3