Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

Just now, dkaih35 said:

Sorry, but what was Butch Walker's announcement, if someone could just link me to it?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Xelgrim said:

Thanks. Guess we've just gotta wait for him now... Wasn't that yesterday though? He said it was coming tomorrow, so hopefully he can let us in on it soon. 

Just now, Nightlife said:

Posted 18 hours ago. 

For me it's 1 PM. Not sure about everyone else though. I'll look up timezones n shit like that.

Just now, dkaih35 said:

For me it's 1 PM. Not sure about everyone else though. I'll look up timezones n shit like that.

I'm pretty sure he's on PST so it's likely about 10:15 AM right now.  I wouldn't expect much of anything from this announcement though.  I just don't see our boys having their producer make the first official announcement.

17 minutes ago, Xelgrim said:

I'm pretty sure he's on PST so it's likely about 10:15 AM right now.  I wouldn't expect much of anything from this announcement though.  I just don't see our boys having their producer make the first official announcement.

They can make the announcement themselves, he just created some hype around it. 

33 minutes ago, J a c said:

He might announce that he is not producing the album 39.gif

That may be good news :P

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

So if GDA tweeted it, the announcement must be legit. GDA staff have connections to the band. Also I'd love the Songs for Assholes title if it had some meeting beyond just being funny.

No we don’t :lol: 

Holy Shit I woke up to eight more pages of this mess. Just got through it. Ok. Breathe. GD single 7/19. OMG. At 9am pacific time I will be on a plane about to land in the freaking Bay Area!! Oh to be in Oakland that weekend if this is true 😍😍😍

I never expected anything before the Coverups show and now... I’m also excited at the thought that we could get the whole album as early as August. That would mean a tour would come sooner too 💚💚💚

As for the questionable setlist, I will say that I very much want them to release Dreamcatcher and Bratwurst sounds ridiculous but so did Platypus and Bab’s Uvula Who? so if true it would be classic Green Day and that makes me happy. I want their sense of humor to shine on this record. 

I can’t believe how close we can be right now... 😵😵😵

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Holy Shit I woke up to eight more pages of this mess. Just got through it. Ok. Breathe. GD single 7/19. OMG. At 9am pacific time I will be on a plane about to land in the freaking Bay Area!! Oh to be in Oakland that weekend if this is true 😍😍😍

that sounds like a dream come true! 

5 minutes ago, Todd said:

No we don’t :lol: 

Ah so Matt is a liar then lol

It's weird that we want Dreamcatcher on this album when it's like a 10 year old song at this point. Sure, I'd definitely like to see a studio version of it but it'd be weird to have a 10 year old live track as an album track. It would make more sense as a B-side or bonus track

7 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I never expected anything before the Coverups show and now...

Ha, now you believe! 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

It's weird that we want Dreamcatcher on this album when it's like a 10 year old song at this point. Sure, I'd definitely like to see a studio version of it but it'd be weird to have a 10 year old live track as an album track. It would make more sense as a B-side or bonus track

Not to be that guy, but it doesn't seem that weird to me. They recycle ideas often, and they've released older songs before (Haushinka and Good Riddance were both written before dookie came out but were only released on nimrod etc) so it's not so unlike them to use an older song. Plus, sadly, as long as songwriting is concerned, Green Day 10 years ago >>> Green Day now.

1 minute ago, J a c said:

Ha, now you believe! 

No, I’m still not allowing myself to believe anything. More likely it is a Coverups show but possibly GD could pop up somewhere else in Oakland that weekend and play.  That I’m starting to suspect or at least hope for. 

If Dreamcatcher is on the album, I hope it's not gonna be the Single or a videoclip.
I really like the song, but it's just not gonna be THAT new for the fans lol

I hope Bratwurst becomes a huge hit and they go down in history as the Bratwurst band to the point that people won't believe they're not German.

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

No, I’m still not allowing myself to believe anything. More likely it is a Coverups show but possibly GD could pop up somewhere else in Oakland that weekend and play.  That I’m starting to suspect or at least hope for. 

You will be in denial even when Bill turns out to be Tré under polyjuice potion!  :P 

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I hope Bratwurst becomes a huge hit and they go down in history as the Bratwurst band to the point that people won't believe they're not German.

You really have something about Bratwurst ahahahhaa

I may have missunderstood the wording of the Kerrang presenter, but was her "announcement" just somebodies tweet that she read out? It sounded from my perspective as if she perhaps was reading a tweet in which someone was playfully predicting a release date. I could be wrong though. I hope I'm wrong. At least stuff seems to be almost happening, judging by the reporting of this so called announcement and Matt's presence on here today

6 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Not to be that guy, but it doesn't seem that weird to me. They recycle ideas often, and they've released older songs before (Haushinka and Good Riddance were both written before dookie came out but were only released on nimrod etc) so it's not so unlike them to use an older song. Plus, sadly, as long as songwriting is concerned, Green Day 10 years ago >>> Green Day now.

The difference is that those songs were still new to the fans when they were released on Nimrod (Good Riddance did have a different version as a Brain Stew B-side but still, that was only like 2 years earlier)

1 minute ago, Ross_19 said:

I may have missunderstood the wording of the Kerrang presenter, but was her "announcement" just somebodies tweet that she read out? It sounded from my perspective as if she perhaps was reading a tweet in which someone was playfully predicting a release date. I could be wrong though. I hope I'm wrong. At least stuff seems to be almost happening, judging by the reporting of this so called announcement and Matt's presence on here today

Why would she read out some random tweet though...I mean its Kerrang im sure they know what they are doing

Just now, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

Why would she read out some random tweet though...I mean its Kerrang im sure they know what they are doing

I must confess I only listened once cos I'm on the go at the moment, will probably check it out more when I get home. But if someone could provide a transcript of it that would be good. I'm sure she reads out a tweet and it is unclear whether the July 19th thing is her responding to the tweet, or if the date is the content of the tweet

4 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

You really have something about Bratwurst ahahahhaa

Hahaha I totally do..I feel it has potential to outdo bmxexcellent tits

You Know it came to my mind that Bratwurst could be the anti trump song because he has German ancestors and is fat 🤔

May no shot be too long🤘🏻

Well on the Kerrang radio clip, she mentions July 19 5pm so if she was reading a prediction, I doubt it would be THAT specific

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived