Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

I just read the article and heard Sophie K’s announcement, I didn’t hear any references to our thread

They link this thread in the article. 

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am picturing a bunch of interns working for one of these online newspapers going trough this thread in search of something to quote, and ending up in a psychiatric ward. 

4 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I just read the article and heard Sophie K’s announcement, I didn’t hear any references to our thread

We're not talking about the audio.
Even this article post a link of GDC here: https://www.rocksound.tv/news/read/new-green-day-music-is-coming-next-week

4 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

They link this thread in the article. 

LOL guess I missed it when I skimmed through the article haha!

5 minutes ago, Matt. said:

tweet tipped

Pardon my french but what does''Tweet Tipped'' mean?

6 minutes ago, Matt. said:

GDA tweet tipped AP and RockSound off.

tweet tipped sounds kinky and/or painful.

If the albums actually called Songs For Assholes that’s the worst album title of all time 

Just now, Joe. said:

If the albums actually called Songs For Assholes that’s the worst album title of all time 

Not if the cover art is a screenshot of this thread 😊

Just now, Joe. said:

Hopefully the album is better than the title then. Although if it really features a song called Bratwurst....

2 minutes ago, Joe. said:

How so? I think it would be pretty cool.

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Hopefully the album is better than the title then. Although if it really features a song called Bratwurst....

...and might well be produced by Butch Walker. Take that as you will...

Just now, dkaih35 said:

It'll just be another excuse for safe-for-work media outlets to ignore Green Day.

2 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Thanks god GDC didn't exist in 1994. 
Next album Anticipation thread for.... Dookie.

Just now, MillenniumFan said:

...and might well be produced by Butch Walker. Take that as you will...

I swear, Rob had earned his place as producer, hopefully he can come back.

5 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Pardon my french but what does''Tweet Tipped'' mean?

I'll rephrase: Those media outlets were alerted to the news ("tipped off") by GDA's tweet that contained a link to this thread.

1 minute ago, Matt. said:

It'll just be another excuse for safe-for-work media outlets to ignore Green Day.

True, I was wearing my Dookie shirt to classes and was told that was NSFW by a classmate by me. 

3 minutes ago, dkaih35 said:

It makes Dookie sound mature. It is an album title for a group of kids, not a band approaching 50. Even for a group of kids its inappropriate

Just now, Adorkable said:

It makes Dookie sound mature. It is an album title for a group of kids, not a band approaching 50. Even for a group of kids its inappropriate

Alright, true. Sometimes I forget that they're 50..

So if GDA tweeted it, the announcement must be legit. GDA staff have connections to the band. Also I'd love the Songs for Assholes title if it had some meeting beyond just being funny.

4 minutes ago, Matt. said:

I'll rephrase: Those media outlets were alerted to the news ("tipped off") by GDA's tweet that contained a link to this thread

I havent seen you this active for a long time. I smell the news coming

6 minutes ago, dkaih35 said:

Because it would be called “songs for assholes” it’s cringey, sounds pretentious and as Matt said, an excuse for people to ignore it.

1 minute ago, dkaih35 said:

True, I was wearing my Dookie shirt to classes and was told that was NSFW by a classmate by me. 

Geez, this kid needs to relax 23.gif 

Come to think of it, SFA actually sounds more like a Blink 182 album title than a Green Day one. 

51 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Can you clarify what "sweetened" means and why they changed things and re-recorded?

And what does sports have to do with it?

You guys tend to over-analyze. Lol.

”Ok, sports fans” is just a term people use in the Noetheast quite often just when they are discussing something exciting. There is no more meaning to it.

As for audio sweetening, no band is ever “done”, there is always a point, often after release (hence remasters) where the producer, band, possibly label just want to make small changes (fine tuning). Let’s bring up that clap or snare, let’s remove that reverb, more echo, less echo, distort that cymbal, whatever. It’s just the final mix and sweetinig is usually the term used defining that process.

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived