Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

8 minutes ago, Todd said:

There was a rumored bonus track called "True Colors" but absolutely no evidence behind it. 

I believe Billie said he wrote that after coming back home from Europe in 2016 or 2017. 

Didn’t they stop in a studio in Australia and record something on the last tour?  Or am I misremembering something?

**never heard about “True Colors” song, kinda like the “Fuck All these people”. And I’m pretty closer follower of the band. Color me ashamed.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

I have a personal theory that “Kill Your Friends” was initially a RevRad track, if not written or half written around the same time. It just reeks RevRad to me. But I could be wrong.

That song is awesome but the lyrics don’t really fit Green Day as much imo

1 minute ago, Jankowski576 said:

That song is awesome but the lyrics don’t really fit Green Day as much imo

I felt the lyrics we’re pretty on parr with Green Day. “On finger on the trigger and one on the stereo” sounds like it could have been RevRad material.

50 minutes ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

Didn’t they stop in a studio in Australia and record something on the last tour?  Or am I misremembering something?

**never heard about “True Colors” song, kinda like the “Fuck All these people”. And I’m pretty closer follower of the band. Color me ashamed.

That was probably BITUSA

6 minutes ago, Jon Benjamin said:

That was probably BITUSA

Back In the USA was recorded at Hurley Studios in Costa Mesa on 9/18/2017. I had one of the engineers confirm the date. 

I never thought that we have to wait longer than for the end of June. Now I am even skeptical if there are any news in July. Maybe August is the real month!

1 hour ago, steve46 said:

I never thought that we have to wait longer than for the end of June. Now I am even skeptical if there are any news in July. Maybe August is the real month!

Summer lasts a long time

22 minutes ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

I sent the guy a message, so don't bombard him with anything. Maybe enough time has passed that he might be willing to share a few small details :) I'll keep you posted if I hear back from him

14 minutes ago, Todd said:

I sent the guy a message, so don't bombard him with anything. Maybe enough time has passed that he might be willing to share a few small details :) I'll keep you posted if I hear back from him

Oh don't worry lol. I haven't reached out to anyone since I apologized to Tony Schroom for posting the rat fink rootbeer burst '54 Junior on this forum back in 2016(he didn't mind, but I just felt bad that he got bombarded by rabid Green Day Fans lol). 

Y'all are dumb :PIt's a photo from the time they recorded in Perth during the revrad tour.

27 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Y'all are dumb :PIt's a photo from the time they recorded in Perth during the revrad tour.

That's exactly what they've been saying about the photo. 

6 hours ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

43 minutes ago, Doggins said:

That's exactly what they've been saying about the photo.

Oh sorry apparently I can't read

7 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

This had to be for Back in the USA

8 hours ago, Todd said:

Back In the USA was recorded at Hurley Studios in Costa Mesa on 9/18/2017. I had one of the engineers confirm the date. 

8 hours ago, Todd said:

This was a day before the Kroq contest winners got that closed show where 'Fuck These People' was played there. So, maybe we just figured out the mistery

I still don't think Fuck These People is a real song. And it's a shitty song title

Conspiracy:  "Fuck These People" was really BITUSA...

19 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Conspiracy:  "Fuck These People" was really BITUSA...

That's what I thought originally

When you search ''Green Day'' on Youtube it's not Sweet Children anymore.

4 hours ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

When you search ''Green Day'' on Youtube it's not Sweet Children anymore.

Was it ever?

18 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Was it ever?

Yes. A few days ago when you searched Green Day, the channel name was #sweetchildren and not #greenday or whatever for the plain audio uploads and i thiiink the Green Day's main channel was changed to Sweet Children too.

What if Green Day decided to give Album 13 away for free?  Free cds, free vinyl  - everything.   Could reach some folks who either have never given them a chance, AND some less fortunate.  Just good all around for everyone. 

This idea came from me wondering about what they could do different this time around without it being a gimmick or seeming forced.  

33 minutes ago, That Dude said:

What if Green Day decided to give Album 13 away for free?  Free cds, free vinyl  - everything.   Could reach some folks who either have never given them a chance, AND some less fortunate.  Just good all around for everyone. 

This idea came from me wondering about what they could do different this time around without it being a gimmick or seeming forced.  

The U2 approach? 

37 minutes ago, That Dude said:

That could work..

In the 90s.

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived